3rd Baylor player leaving | The Boneyard

3rd Baylor player leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Make sense when you look at Baylor's depth chart. There's no way Alexis Jones or Davis come off the bench, meaning one of Prince and Imani Wright was going to come off the bench and compete for PT with Kristy Wallace in the backcourt mix. Not to mention Baylor has a stacked frontcourt which could mean Davis sees some time at the 3, limiting Wright's playing time even more.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wright was descent player too.

Not sure where she is from or where she might end up

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Wright was descent player too.

Not sure where she is from or where she might end up

Baylor's roster says her hometown is Hooks, Texas but was born in Alabama. Which is right on the Arkansas border. I think she played AAU with Jessica Jackson, who is at Arkansas.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sad to see Weight leave. She could shoot from deep and also create her own shot. Mulkey did favor Wallace off the bench but Wright started most games and I can't imagine that she was going to struggle to get playing time. I did not expect this.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Having so large a roster, and then signing more players than Kim had scholarships for next year may have created a problem for the team dynamic. It is not all about playing time as these women spend a lot of time together and the bonds are pretty strong - seeing teammates being pushed out by incoming numbers cannot be fun for the players - we always talk about the players 'forced out' but it also effects those remaining. On the face of it Wright still had a viable place on the team, but ...

Reaction Score
I have kept this under wraps...but Imani is my close cousin and grew up next door to us. I tried to get her to go to UCONN out of high school, but parents wanted her to stay close to home. She is better than what she did at Baylor, but was kept under tight wraps by coach. She's a scorer. Can't reveal where she is going yet, but soon as I get the release from them I'll let ya know.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have kept this under wraps...but Imani is my close cousin and grew up next door to us. I tried to get her to go to UCONN out of high school, but parents wanted her to stay close to home. She is better than what she did at Baylor, but was kept under tight wraps by coach. She's a scorer. Can't reveal where she is going yet, but soon as I get the release from them I'll let ya know.
thanks for the heads up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer