30 for 30 - Hillsborough Disaster | The Boneyard

30 for 30 - Hillsborough Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn’t know where I should post this, so mods please move if needed – watched the newest ESPN 30 for 30 last night about the Hillsborough disaster. Very good documentary- I have to admit that I actually started getting a little short of breath during the scenes where they are showing and talking about the crowd getting crushed. What a nightmare. Seems to me to be logical that this would be the outcome of penning people up like that, but hindsight and all that. Anyway, if you get a chance, check it out.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=hillsborough

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Not that new (at least a year old), but riveting.

Reaction Score
That one was hard to watch from the people being crushed, to the deceitful government blaming the victims. It was incredibly well done and showed the worst in humanity.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I saw it more than a year ago. Similar to most 30 for 30's it was excellent, an extremely compelling watch. A tragedy that should have and could have been averted if those in charge had any common sense and once things started getting out of hand, could have been brought under control with minimal injuries to the crowd if those in charge had any courage and character.

One thing that stuck with me on it, I vividly remember when it happened and hooliganism being blamed as the cause. I do not remember hearing anything about the subsequent inquiry or the results (placing blame on the inept person in command) of that inquiry. As with far too many things it is stunning that newspapers are quick to spread the word when there is an opportunity to blast someone (or some group) but end up being far short of forthcoming when time comes to issue apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom