3 x 3 Gold Medal Game USA vs Netherlands 8:30 AM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3 x 3 Gold Medal Game USA vs Netherlands 8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Katie Lou is feisty. That reaction to the physical tie-up under the basket and the Dutch girl's subsequent scream, hilarious. Loved seeing her mix it up inside with some drives and a couple post-up moves.

Collier had a terrific semi and still made plays despite missing shots she normally makes in the final. She is EVERYWHERE. Her basketball IQ and motor are off the charts.

Boykin has seen better days. She's still a bit raw offensively but she's still going to be a very good and versatile player.

"Katie Lou is feisty." Not only is she feisty, she was gracious enough to teach the Netherlands a few lines out of the American slang dictionary when fouled hard. I believe one was "Jiminy Cricket", the other "Son of Batman" (at least that probably what they would have been had she verballed to Stanford).

I think SH's description of Collier " She is EVERYWHERE. Her basketball IQ and motor are off the charts" is right on.

Just as Ogunbowale is built for 3x3, Boykin is built for 5x5. There is a reason she was among the leaders in minutes played along with Katie, Durr and Cox in the U17 tournament. She was also among the leaders in rebounds, assists and steals. Versatile, a "Faris", but one willing to shoot.

Super ballplayers, super people.

Reaction Score
What impressed me about Katie Lou is that when her shots weren't falling, she didn't give up right away, but she eventually went inside. Reminds me of Kaleena's progression from knock-down shooter to all round offensive nightmare. And credit #3 from the Netherlands, she was their best athlete and she never left Katie Lou for a moment. On defense, Napheesia returned the compliment and held #3 in check.

Arike's game reminded me of Charles Barkley...who I love...

Napheesia is our best athlete and a clear team player that gets the top defensive assignment, clean the boards and scores inside and out. She is the most exciting high school player I've seen in awhile. I give her the best chance at getting critical minutes as a freshman.

De'Janae was having some trouble with her shot in the final, but you can see what a solid all around player she already is. And she appears to understand the team concept in a very mature way. She will be a big part of several NC's for us.

Reaction Score
When Collier gets here her initials will regularly stand for something else besides her name.
Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22