2nd game in 3 that Brimah will win for us | The Boneyard

2nd game in 3 that Brimah will win for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

As of late he has recognized a double team and dished off to open teammates. With the smaller inside presence of Iowa St I can see Ollie devising a plan of down low and simple jump hooks/dunks or dishing off for an open Daniels or kick out to Giffey/Bazz. He might be outmuscled but you don't need muscle to pass the way he has when double teamed.

Reaction Score
As of late he has recognized a double team and dished off to open teammates. With the smaller inside presence of Iowa St I can see Ollie devising a plan of down low and simple jump hooks/dunks or dishing off for an open Daniels or kick out to Giffey/Bazz. He might be outmuscled but you don't need muscle to pass the way he has when double teamed.
I like the optimism...but what about Brimah's game has shown he has the type of passing ability necessary for this? Honest question, because I don't remember him ever making quick decisions on the pass (shooting, he sure did in the St. Joe's game).

I think we really want to maximize Brimah by keeping him in the paint, dumping down when possible, and throwing alley oops.

But the biggest advantage to the height difference is that I think Bazz and Boat will be able to finish at the rim easier.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that any potential advantage that Brimah might convey on offense is enough to overcome what will certainly be a disadvantage on defense, since he'll have a hard time keeping up with someone of the handle and shooting ability of Melvin Ejim.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that any potential advantage that Brimah might convey on offense is enough to overcome what will certainly be a disadvantage on defense, since he'll have a hard time keeping up with someone of the handle and shooting ability of Melvin Ejim.

Actually, with Niang out, this is the type of game Brimah could thrive in on the defensive end of the court. Niang's absence has pressed Daniel Edozie into duty, a virtual zero offensively. Edozie played 16 minutes for Iowa State in Sunday's game against North Carolina, recording no points on just two shot attempts. Ideally, he's just the type of player you want to stick a shot blocker on - somebody who allows Brimah to roam the paint and swat shots out of mid-air. You don't want Brimah guarding somebody like Georges Niang, a player capable of stepping out and nailing shots from the perimeter.

Of course, I'm sure Iowa State will also play a smaller lineup - with Hogue at the four and Ejim at the five, or vice versa - for large portions of the game, in which case, you're probably right, we'd be better off with Brimah on the bench. Regardless, I don't think people understand how Niang's absence alters the complexion of the game. Him being out is every bit as significant as Kane or Ejim being out.

Reaction Score
These are the types of games I wish we went to the post more often. We're going to have a nice height advantage with Nolan, Brimah & even Daniels. If we don't go to the post, it essentially eliminates ISU's frontcourt from getting into foul trouble, meaning they can got all out on offense without worrying about foul trouble. I'd rather attack their frontcourt. Nolan's ability to draw charges might be a good thing against Ejim who likes to take it to the rim.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Brimah had one really nice pass on the baseline to Nolan that was an eye opener. Other than that, ball handling hasn't been where he's been the most useful. I'd rather see him slam it down than kick it out when he gets the ball down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom