29-5 defines what a "Commitment To UConn" really means. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

29-5 defines what a "Commitment To UConn" really means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'm with you. No law school loans left for many years now, and parents paid for UConn. But, I have a ten year old daughter, and no realistic way to put her through college without taking out significant loans. I make too much money to get any financial aid. So I take the view that I can't afford to help put somebody else's kid through college when I've got to do it for my own. Plus, between my wife and I, we have four institutions of higher ed asking for money. So I give my money where I think it will do more good helping those whose needs are greater than getting a college degree.

I don't think it makes sense for most people, especially recent grads, who probably paid too much as it is. If I had received money from the school however, scolarships or tuition reduction, then I think I would feel like I should donate that back in to the endowment. I think we will see giving drop now that the costs are so high. Played golf with a Harvard law grad at a charity event Monday. He paid about $3000 a semester. Those people can pay back in. But folks with undergrad degrees who paid $30k to over $50k a year more recently? That's a hard sell.`

My 13 y/o daughter's goal is to get into West Point.

Bless her little heart...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Great job by all. Great video. I wish we can do those for sports. Lastly, at the end of the video was a state outline with uconn in the middle. I have been begging for the state outline for years to become part of our branding. I like Connecticut and the block C more than uconn, but the state outline is the beesnees. I want that on our fields and courts and everywhere. We have to claim the state perception wise because we have never done it before. That's how u do it.

Reaction Score
Lastly, at the end of the video was a state outline with uconn in the middle. I have been begging for the state outline for years to become part of our branding. I like Connecticut and the block C more than uconn, but the state outline is the beesnees. I want that on our fields and courts and everywhere. We have to claim the state perception wise because we have never done it before. That's how u do it.

One of the few things you rant that I can agree with...

Reaction Score
Great job by all. Great video. I wish we can do those for sports. Lastly, at the end of the video was a state outline with uconn in the middle. I have been begging for the state outline for years to become part of our branding. I like Connecticut and the block C more than uconn, but the state outline is the beesnees. I want that on our fields and courts and everywhere. We have to claim the state perception wise because we have never done it before. That's how u do it.

See? There is value here. Somehow, someway, the collective online consciousness of the boneyard, needs to coax a lot more of this kind of stuff out of HFD than the "why can't" stuff that makes you wonder just how early he starts drinking in the day.

I agree 100%. How you project an image of something, to the people that see it, is pretty important to what the people that see it, think of that certain something, and how you project those images of something, have direct influence on how people think about that certain something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom