#22 TCU at #8 Texas | The Boneyard

#22 TCU at #8 Texas

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Now underway.

It’s on the Longhorn Network. Which I don’t get. But luckily I now live just a couple miles from the UT campus, so I’m in row 16 directly across from Karen Aston :)

Texas has revenge on its mind, having lost in Fort Worth just 3 weeks ago. Texas is up 26-4 in the final seconds of 1Q.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Game over. TCU was still sleeping during the Q1 smackdown. Rest of the game should be competitive, but too late for TCU...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Seems Texas does really well at home and not so well on the road...Plebe- how many people at the game?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Seems Texas does really well at home and not so well on the road...Plebe- how many people at the game?
I’m terrible at estimating crowds but it’s nothing like the UConn game was. Upper bowl is empty and lower bowl is half full at best. Maybe about 3000?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I’m terrible at estimating crowds but it’s nothing like the UConn game was. Upper bowl is empty and lower bowl is half full at best. Maybe about 3000?
That's too bad as that team has talent and I actually think Karen has done a really great job there after the mess Gail G left...have fun and keep us posted. Is McCarty still struggling shooting?

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's too bad as that team has talent and I actually think Karen has done a really great job there after the mess Gail G left...have fun and keep us posted. Is McCarty still struggling shooting?
She’s doing okay this game. Made a couple 3s and some layups in transition. Her biggest contribution has been her floor leadership.

I know how popular Rellah Boothe is here :) so I’ll share that when she went to check into the the game in 3Q she got a huge cheer from the crowd. She did get a quick bucket off a beautiful touch pass in transition from Joyner Holmes, who btw seems to be getting gradually more comfortable.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
73-43 Texas, end of 3. McCarty has at least 16 points, I believe with 5 of 10 FGs.

Reaction Score
Rellah has a popularity here quite similar to John Wilkes within the Lincoln family once upon a time.:rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Rellah has a popularity here quite similar to John Wilkes within the Lincoln family once upon a time.:rolleyes:
Why, what did Booth do to the Longhorn faithful?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I tell ya, even through TCU got buried in the first quarter avalanche in this game, I can really see why they’ve been giving teams fits in the Big 12 lately. They have length and quickness on the perimeter, two big bodies who kinda share playing time in the middle, and multiple scoring threats.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Attendance is 6,023 today.
Okay I know I’m bad at crowd estimation, but there’s no way there are actually that many people here.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Okay I know I’m bad at crowd estimation, but there’s no way there are actually that many people here.
No way to know for sure. But, it's not a figure based on ticket sales (where fans didn't show up) because we don't have half that number in season ticket holders.

They allowed fans who attended ESPN's GameDay earlier in the morning to attend the women's game for free; not sure how they determined today's attendance figure, though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No way to know for sure. But, it's not a figure based on ticket sales (where fans didn't show up) because we don't have half that number in season ticket holders.

They allowed fans who attended ESPN's GameDay earlier in the morning to attend the women's game for free; not sure how they determined today's attendance figure, though.
The listed attendance for the TX-UConn game was 11,877. I was here for that game and watched it from the nosebleeds. There is absolutely no way that more than half that many people were here for this game. I would believe 4000 or so. 5000 would be a stretch. The lower bowl was maybe 40% full if I had to estimate. The upper bowl was empty.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I wonder if the fact that the Texas men have a home game later today it would have had any effect on attendance at the women’s game?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Texas when they get the running game going, and can hit some outside shots. They are very tough to stop.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One common thing the Big 12 schools all seem to have is a propensity to play terrible non-conference schedules.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One common thing the Big 12 schools all seem to have is a propensity to play terrible non-conference schedules.
And Texas schools in particular lately seem not to play very well outside the state of Texas.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No, not all of them. Oklahoma's non-conference SOS is currently #3 in the country. Texas is at #30.

Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live 2017-2018 Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

Yes, schools like Baylor (85), TCU (206), Oklahoma State (161), Kansas State (159) and West Virginia (158) should be ashamed of themselves. Other than Baylor, the others could easily miss the NCAA tourney based on poor RPI rankings.

But, there are several schools in different conferences who also have very weak non-conference schedules.

Reaction Score
No, not all of them. Oklahoma's non-conference SOS is currently #3 in the country. Texas is at #30.

Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live 2017-2018 Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

Yes, schools like Baylor (85), TCU (206), Oklahoma State (161), Kansas State (159) and West Virginia (158) should be ashamed of themselves. Other than Baylor, the others could easily miss the NCAA tourney based on poor RPI rankings.

But, there are several schools in different conferences who also have very weak non-conference schedules.
Your point could easily keep OK St and TCU out of the tournament

Reaction Score
I have a lot of respect for UConn and the way they play. You guys offensive movement can be at times just plain beautiful for a viewer, and scary for the opposition.

With that being said Karen Ashton went with a lineup around the last two minutes of the 2nd quarter that collectively had as much speed and athleticism that I think I have ever seen since I've started watching womens college basketball (With all due respect to Tuck, Stewart, Mo, Nurse, KLS).

Pg- Brooke McCarty
Sg- Alicia Sutton
Sf- Ariel Atkins
Pf- Joyner Holmes
C- Rellah Boothe.

Texas has some ballers on their squad, and even more size coming in next season. The pressure is on Karen Ashton these next 2-3 years to make it to the final four. The talent will most certainly be there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a lot of respect for UConn and the way they play. You guys offensive movement can be at times just plain beautiful for a viewer, and scary for the opposition.

With that being said Karen Ashton went with a lineup around the last two minutes of the 2nd quarter that collectively had as much speed and athleticism that I think I have ever seen since I've started watching womens college basketball (With all due respect to Tuck, Stewart, Mo, Nurse, KLS).

Pg- Brooke McCarty
Sg- Alicia Sutton
Sf- Ariel Atkins
Pf- Joyner Holmes
C- Rellah Boothe.

Texas has some ballers on their squad, and even more size coming in next season. The pressure is on Karen Ashton these next 2-3 years to make it to the final four. The talent will most certainly be there.
I agree the talent is there.Hookem'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom