2023 UConn Football Commit - John Neider (Milford CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 UConn Football Commit - John Neider (Milford CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to this post-sophomore camp he was at 4.66.

We've been thinking offense because of his success on that side of the line, but I keep reverting to adding 30 lbs to become an awesome linebacker. It's always interesting to see where the athletes end up.

watching the film, he is so much more athletic now. He has many dunks this year. And yes, LB or safety might be the quickest way to get on field. Has great anticipation on the basketball court.

Reaction Score
Welcome John!! Excited to see how the staff does with this kid!

1674967951078.gif

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
According to this post-sophomore camp he was at 4.66.

We've been thinking offense because of his success on that side of the line, but I keep reverting to adding 30 lbs to become an awesome linebacker. It's always interesting to see where the athletes end up.

This is exactly what I was thinking

Reaction Score
I hope he does well, but I honestly don't see much explosiveness on his tape. Gonna have to hit the S&C real hard to be able to make an impact after presumably a redshirt year. He could be the kind of diamond in the rough that we had luck with in the RE-1 years.

Reaction Score
I need to ask this delicately... because people on here are very sensitive...but...he was the CT player of the year and the only schools who expressed interest were Stonehill and Sacred Heart? This late in the process? His stats look great...good size. Seems like a good add to the team. Just trying to understand his recruitment.

Seems odd...am I missing something?
Not sure there is much to miss. He’s apparently a great athlete without necessarily having a particular position at which to make his mark on the field. So you’re looking at someone with the potential to help a good team somewhere down the road, but with no guaranty other than that patience will be required. Tyler Davis, as someone said, is probably the best comp. Had to fail at one position before finding a second one at another school that got him to the League.

Reaction Score
What I got from reading up on this young man is that he is intelligent, extremely hard working in the classroom and with his athletics, already dedicated to strength training, athletic, very coachable and is a team player. They likely will try this young man at several positions that fit a need and he will give it everything he has intellectually, with focus and determination, to become the very best at whatever position he is asked to play.

Reaction Score
If he can dunk a basketball in a game at 6’2” like a poster has said… he’s got hops

Reaction Score

Alternate access link <<

Sounds familiar:

-> “He wanted to stay with his friends, he wanted to go to Jonathan Law,” his mother, Kelly Neider said. “It’s not so much where you go, it’s what you do with where you go.”

So this part of John Neider’s life has the ending he wanted, the ending he has worked for. On Jan. 14 he got the call from UConn’s John Marinelli offering a scholarship.

Characteristically Neider was working, helping a friend with cutting some trees in town, when he took this most important call. He then called his mother, who was grocery shopping. “They offered a scholarship, they offered a scholarship,” John shrieked. “I gotta get back to work, but I wanted to call and tell you.”

This is the player Jim Mora’s UConn football program added to its roster Wednesday, when Neider put pen to paper in an unpublicized ceremony in the auditorium at Law High, a kid with quiet determination, loyal to a community, who just happened to be the Gatorade player of the year in Connecticut this year. <-

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wide receiver?
probably. since he hasnt done any football-lifting fulltime, theyre going to see what he's best built for.
I'd like to see OLB/S, though he's never played defense. so impressed with his vision in basketball when Law was pressing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whenever I see a commit thread pop-up out of nowhere, the first thing I think is decommit. Second is injury. So starring in hoop is nice to see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> Jonathan Law quarterback and UConn commit John Neider was named 2022 Connecticut Player of the Year, adding the award to his trophy case along side his Gatorade Player of the Year selection.

"It means the world. I know my head coach and teammates really wanted it bad," Neider said. "It is nice that I won it. I am so proud of everything we have done."

Also nominated for the Player of the Year were Joel Barlow's Danny Shaban (The GameTimeCT Player of the Year and also a UConn commit), and Notre Dame-West Haven's Jacob Staton.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

-> Jonathan Law quarterback and UConn commit John Neider was named 2022 Connecticut Player of the Year, adding the award to his trophy case along side his Gatorade Player of the Year selection.

"It means the world. I know my head coach and teammates really wanted it bad," Neider said. "It is nice that I won it. I am so proud of everything we have done."

Also nominated for the Player of the Year were Joel Barlow's Danny Shaban (The GameTimeCT Player of the Year and also a UConn commit), and Notre Dame-West Haven's Jacob Staton.

Get him in the weight room...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01