2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
So I guess I need clarity from all these posters and their exuberance on these mid-major acquisition. What are your expectations as none of these are Lou Lopez Senechal like (MAAC POY and a demonstrable game against Texas in the NCAAT to give a glimpse of her skills)? Like I said, none of these player pickups move the needle for my perspective on these teams like a Lou or an Abby Meyers at Maryland. Molly Davis was not a real contributor for Iowa unless you call being one of the 8 players who got in games a real contributor. In big games, she had limited time and seemed to hurt more than help. So all you happy BYers please help me understand your expectations so I can see why you all seem to be so excited.
Dillon I fear for the noise level that if you are this excited about these announcements, what will happen if Lauren Betts actually come to South Bend.
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
She (Anna Dewolfe) did drop 24 at Maryland last year, early in the season. I do remember somewhat following the game and being surprised it was super close. It's a really good question though. Besides Lou, I'm trying to think of others who transfered last year from a mid major and really stepped up (Cavinder sister, Abby Meyer, Shaylee G off the top of my head). Lou was a bit older 23/24, and she was 6'1 with really impressive shooting numbers. That's actually why I like Dewolfe because she shot over 35% from 3 and above 80% from the line. I'm really interested on where Beyonce Bea ends up, because she dropped 40 last year in a game. It's hard for me to believe she won't be able to be a solid contributor.

Not to get too sidetracked but in terms of great portal pickups last year, I feel like Genesis Bryant isn't talked about enough.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don’t know that anyone is expecting DeWolfe to be more than an 8th or 9th player.

But ND did need someone to spell Hidalgo if Miles isn't ready to start the season. And a proven 3 point shooter to mitigate the loss of Mabrey. Seems like DeWolfe does that.

If she's a top contributor like Meyers and LLS were for their teams last year, something didn't go according to plan

Reaction Score
Agree. The quickest and most efficient way for Coquese and staff to get going at RU would be to start keeping more NJ talent home. I always thought this criticism of CVS was a bit overheated--she could always recruit nationally, and after Cappie arguably all her best players were from the tri-state area (Kia Vaughn, Epiphany Prince, Matee Ajavon, Essence Carson, Kahleah Copper, Betnijah Laney, Arella Guirantes) but no doubt there was a lot of NJ talent that got away
All the NJ talent seems to go to ND these days

Reaction Score
Celeste?
Gotta be given the tweet posted by (forgot the site/guy's name) saying that there were multiple reports that she was headed to Ohio State. That message board screenshot I posted was from yesterday and I've checked back periodically today and there's been no update on the person they are referencing. But Celeste certainly fits the description they gave.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really like this player. I saw her in the WNIT vs. Columbia, and she just does everything right and works her heart out. Is she Notre Dame good? I don't know, but I'd love to have her on my team.

She was All-Conference 3x. People questioned Lou Lopez Senechal, because she came from Fairfield. Anna may be a smaller version from Fordham. I expect her to play within herself and make some buckets. Nice pickup for the Irish.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So I guess I need clarity from all these posters and their exuberance on these mid-major acquisition. What are your expectations as none of these are Lou Lopez Senechal like (MAAC POY and a demonstrable game against Texas in the NCAAT to give a glimpse of her skills)? Like I said, none of these player pickups move the needle for my perspective on these teams like a Lou or an Abby Meyers at Maryland. Molly Davis was not a real contributor for Iowa unless you call being one of the 8 players who got in games a real contributor. In big games, she had limited time and seemed to hurt more than help. So all you happy BYers please help me understand your expectations so I can see why you all seem to be so excited.
Dillon I fear for the noise level that if you are this excited about these announcements, what will happen if Lauren Betts actually come to South Bend.
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
I also think it would have been a very different conversation we are having re Lou at Uconn if Uconn wasn't wracked with injuries over the summer and through the season - she still would have shown her game and likely would have been in a draft pick conversation, but her minutes and national profile would have been reduced with Paige on the court and a fully healthy Azzi and Caroline. ND depending on the speed of recovery, might be a spot college spot with a similar early window to shine, a lot of other schools not so much.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

As a redshirt frosh at Wisconsin, she scored just under 12 per game while shooting 35% from three. Utah, besides the inside play of Alisi Pilli, relies heavily on outside shooting of Gianna Kneepkens and Kennady McQueen.
Interestingly Kneepkins and forward Jenna Johnson are both from Minnesota so a westward movement continues.

BTW, Wilkie is the youngest of the attendees of the "Nielefest" get-together of prospects organized by then asst. coach Niele Ivey. Always interesting seeing where they all end up....

Reaction Score
I miss the days when intra-conference transfers required a mandatory sit-out season . . . :p

Nah, not in this case in my opinion. Isn't 2023-2024 the last season in the PAC12 for UCLA? We need the return to Palo Alto for the drama this season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

So, she followed assistant coach Erin Grant to West Virginia?

One year ago she followed assistant coach Ashley Davis from Okie State to Arizona.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom