2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Looks like Tennessee added some one. No word on who yet.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Here's ND's Mabrey replacement/insurance against Miles not being able to play some or all of next season.

Reaction Score

Her highlights got me excited atleast. Of course they have their fair share of guards but seems like a good pickup

I really like this player. I saw her in the WNIT vs. Columbia, and she just does everything right and works her heart out. Is she Notre Dame good? I don't know, but I'd love to have her on my team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I really like this player. I saw her in the WNIT vs. Columbia, and she just does everything right and works her heart out. Is she Notre Dame good? I don't know, but I'd love to have her on my team.
Hopefully this is the Lou effect where top tier D1 programs are now taking off the "pedigree" lens filter and looking at players who can hoop. Not where they are hooping but can they play? There are way more of Lou type players out there and I hope more of them get serious looks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's being said it's Avery Strickland
What's this about? I'm in the midst of my second bout of pining over Strickland. I wanted her at Vandy last fall but she wound up at Pitt. Now, she's in the portal, and it looks like I'm outta luck again. In fairness, I see no evidence that Vandy has pursued her this spring.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Her highlights got me excited atleast. Of course they have their fair share of guards but seems like a good pickup

Well, the visitor to ND this weekend wasn't Lauren Betts (hopefully, that will happen, too) but I thought ND could use some short-term help at combo guard (which is what Niele calls her in the attached press release, too).
  • Don't really know how long the rehab period for Olivia Miles (just off surgery) will be and DeWolfe has more than a bit of Dara Mabrey in her: primarily shoot, but can also be a back-up pg. She can spell Hannah Hidalgo.
  • With Mabrey out of eligibility, ND needs outside shooting to help Sonia Citron and Maddy Westbeld. DeWolfe's shooting pct. from three would be just after Citron's.
  • She's here for one year, allowing KK Bransford and Cass Prosper to grow and refine their skills and incoming frosh Emma Risch and Hanna Hidalgo to learn on a frosh-learning curve.
  • She now joins MacKenzie Holmes of IU as another Maine high-school superstar playing in Indiana.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is the Lou effect where top tier D1 programs are now taking off the pedigree lens filter and looking at players who can hoop. Not where they are hooping but can they play? There are way more of Lou type players out there and I hope more of them get serious looks.
She reminds me of Molly Davis who transferred from Central Michigan to Iowa last year. Looks like a better option than Jenna Brown off the bench.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She reminds me of Molly Davis who transferred from Central Michigan to Iowa last year. Looks like a better option than Jenna Brown off the bench.
Just got off the Iowa Roster Page: about the same size. If I remember Davis at Central Michigan, she was both scorer and (kind of a) facilitator. Look forward to DeWolfe playing for ND.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Surprised she didn’t pick a program better set up for a tournament run next year, I’m sure she had options.
Wasn't she checking out North Carolina, too? Thought she'd be a natch for the Todd-Williams slot.

That said, she'll start at guard with Curry and Ehlia (sp) Love, the Ga. Tech transfer. And Ms. Cochran, the senior center, somehow remains.

But I also wanted to type Hailey Van Lith or Payton Verhulst..Have to wear the "I am ...." signs for the summer. But Walz will figure out something.

Reaction Score
Wasn't she checking out North Carolina, too? Thought she'd be a natch for the Todd-Williams slot.

That said, she'll start at guard with Curry and Ehlia (sp) Love, the Ga. Tech transfer. And Ms. Cochran, the senior center, somehow remains.

But I also wanted to type Hailey Van Lith or Payton Verhulst..Have to wear the "I am ...." signs for the summer. But Walz will figure out something.
Yes to UNC. Thought she made sense at VT with the JMU connection to Brooks, and at UMD with her being closer to her sick mother.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So I guess I need clarity from all these posters and their exuberance on these mid-major acquisition. What are your expectations as none of these are Lou Lopez Senechal like (MAAC POY and a demonstrable game against Texas in the NCAAT to give a glimpse of her skills)? Like I said, none of these player pickups move the needle for my perspective on these teams like a Lou or an Abby Meyers at Maryland. Molly Davis was not a real contributor for Iowa unless you call being one of the 8 players who got in games a real contributor. In big games, she had limited time and seemed to hurt more than help. So all you happy BYers please help me understand your expectations so I can see why you all seem to be so excited.
Dillon I fear for the noise level that if you are this excited about these announcements, what will happen if Lauren Betts actually come to South Bend.
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So I guess I need clarity from all these posters and their exuberance on these mid-major acquisition. What are your expectations as none of these are Lou Lopez Senechal like (MAAC POY and a demonstrable game against Texas in the NCAAT to give a glimpse of her skills)? Like I said, none of these player pickups move the needle for my perspective on these teams like a Lou or an Abby Meyers at Maryland. Molly Davis was not a real contributor for Iowa unless you call being one of the 8 players who got in games a real contributor. In big games, she had limited time and seemed to hurt more than help. So all you happy BYers please help me understand your expectations so I can see why you all seem to be so excited.
Dillon I fear for the noise level that if you are this excited about these announcements, what will happen if Lauren Betts actually come to South Bend.
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
As one who compared Dewolfe to Davis, I am fully aware of Davis's contributions last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom