2023 Giants | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Maybe because giving a quarterback $82 Million (over 2 years) doesn't mean he immediately plays like a is a $40 million quarterback.

Schoen did well in structuring Jones' contract for this year and the out after next year (Cap hit notwithstanding) was borderline genius. Jones suffering a 9-12 month injury was a blessing in disguise for Schoen. Though it's a lot, they can probably absorb the post-out dead money.
I didn’t think it did, just pretty funny/sad to see.

Reaction Score
Why is Gillian kicking FGs? I am out Xmas shopping and no access
Bullock kicked a 56 yarder and decided to call it a night. Hurt himself somehow. (Giants' kickers gonna "Giants' kicker")

Reaction Score
Between the six sacks, lack of a run game and the handful of drops, I don’t think Devito has been that bad.

Reaction Score
Between the six sacks, lack of a run game and the handful of drops, I don’t think Devito has been that bad.
????

Half of the sacks have been on him, he has missed numerous open guys. I agree on the run game, but he has been horrible.

Reaction Score
Sobering game. Was psyched to have GMen on Xmas. Now not looking forward to 51-3 Eagles.

Reaction Score

Can we please just say that he flat out sucks? I mean, I'm not sure, I'm asking for a friend.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
How do you lay 7 sacks on Devito when Barkley ran for 14 yards? The O line never showed up in this game

Reaction Score
Sobering game. Was psyched to have GMen on Xmas. Now not looking forward to 51-3 Eagles.
it's Christmas. Keep it festive, it's just sports, and sometimes, in sports, you get your a kicked, but just thank your lucky stars if you live in New England...there's always 18-1 plus that other one.

Reaction Score
While Saquon doesn’t get any help he also has never carried the Giants the way Tiki did. He does seem to have lost a bit of speed. You can’t a rb be a part of 3 rebuilds.

Reaction Score
While Saquon doesn’t get any help he also has never carried the Giants the way Tiki did. He does seem to have lost a bit of speed. You can’t have a rb be a part of 3 rebuilds.

Reaction Score
They all suck no need to stick with narratives this team sucks, the line sucks Devito isn’t good and yes I’ll say it Saquon hasn’t looked good either.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
How do you lay 7 sacks on Devito when Barkley ran for 14 yards? The O line never showed up in this game
The O-line decided to show up the last three games prior to yesterday. It was a miracle!!!! I never thought the defense was that bad. Sometimes defense thrive on the offense when they are hot. All over the internet people are missing the point on the offensive line. Blaming QB's. When Barkley hits a wall and gets dropped at the line of scrimmage or behind, you can't blame the QB. But that is what the majority of the fans on line I see. The line has been a problem even with Eli's last couple of years. All the hype was put to rest yesterday, Lets see next week.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
They all suck no need to stick with narratives this team sucks, the line sucks Devito isn’t good and yes I’ll say it Saquon hasn’t looked good either.
I think we have seen the last of Barkley. Again, Offensive line didn't help. Oh and the play calling. I think you have to agree it has been suspect. The opposing defensive coordinator does not have a hard job scouting the Giants. Third and one. Guess who. Barkley. Every time.

Reaction Score
It is time for Bobby Johnson to go. there is a clear issue on the line and looking at Feliciano's numbers in SF (0 sacks, 10 pressures, 97.0 pass blocking efficiency and 87.7 run grade) after his far from stellar year at NYG its clear to me we do not have a talent issue, rather a coaching issue, on the line. Neal has not progressed. JMS looked awful on Sunday. Besides Thomas its a complete disaster. I take it back tho we do also have a talent issue but that is compounded by the lack of development and coaching the line gets from BJ. Please please fire him and bring someone in who can finally build us a reputable line.

Reaction Score
I think we have seen the last of Barkley. Again, Offensive line didn't help. Oh and the play calling. I think you have to agree it has been suspect. The opposing defensive coordinator does not have a hard job scouting the Giants. Third and one. Guess who. Barkley. Every time.
I don't think Barkley should been given a long term deal, I think its dumb to do it for any RB not named McCaffery, and I trust mnagement believes the same. If he is given one it will only be because of Mara.

With that said Barkley has not been given much of a chance this year with Jones out. Teams have 0 respect for TD or TT to beat them down the field:

Saquon Barkley w/ Giants QB’s:

W/ Daniel Jones (42% stacked boxes)
Stacked box: 19/55 2.9 YPC
Light box: 26/149 5.7 YPC

W/ Tyrod Taylor (60% stacked boxes)
Stacked box: 27/91 3.4 YPC
Light box: 18/80 4.4 YPC

W/ Tommy Devito (69% stacked boxes)
Stacked box: 47/223 4.7 YPC
Light box: 21/72 3.4 YPC

The fact TD and TT are putting up the putrid numbers they are with those kind of coverage is laughable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom