2023 Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
This is just a brutal start to the season. Should have seen it coming with this offensive line

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Start Over Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
Well that sucked.

Thing that made me the saddest is Evan Neal. Was hoping for some major progress in year 2, but wow, just wow, that performance was AWFUL.

Reaction Score
Jones and this O Line took about 10 steps backward this offseason apparently

To include Jones in that statement is wrong. Mahomes would’ve been awful for crying out loud. #1 the Cowboys pass rush is impressive no doubt. Speed kills and they have it. But minus the first series where they ran the ball real well and a ground ball snap and blocked kick (once again couldn’t block anyone) Jones had zero time ever and was constantly running for his life. The defense only gave up 260 yards, Dak was Dak but the Oline was the absolute end all, horrendous job by them and the staff preparing for this one!!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
To include Jones in that statement is wrong. Mahomes would’ve been awful for crying out loud. #1 the Cowboys pass rush is impressive no doubt. Speed kills and they have it. But minus the first series where they ran the ball real well and a ground ball snap and blocked kick (once again couldn’t block anyone) Jones had zero time ever and was constantly running for his life. The defense only gave up 260 yards, Dak was Dak but the Oline was the absolute end all, horrendous job by them and the staff preparing for this one!!!!

I'm a Cowboys fan, we have a great defensive line but I have absolutely no idea why the Giants stopped trying to run the ball on their 2nd and 3rd possessions. Then they tried it and got a 3rd and short and got stuffed on a QB keeper, which could have been a quick throw but at least it gave them a shot. After that they were so far behind they had no choice but to throw.

Still bizarre that they didn't try running more, especially after that first series where they were moving the ball well on the ground.

Reaction Score
I'm a Cowboys fan, we have a great defensive line but I have absolutely no idea why the Giants stopped trying to run the ball on their 2nd and 3rd possessions. Then they tried it and got a 3rd and short and got stuffed on a QB keeper, which could have been a quick throw but at least it gave them a shot. After that they were so far behind they had no choice but to throw.

Still bizarre that they didn't try running more, especially after that first series where they were moving the ball well on the ground.

Amazing isn’t it. What we believe to be a great coaching staff lost their marbles after the blocked FG and seemed to panic. They weren’t going to have time to throw without running it successfully it was obvious.

You’re spot on Rico. But I have to admit the Boys can come at you from multiple spots with great speed, gonna be tough to stop for most for sure!!

Reaction Score
I’ve come around partly on Jones and I know the line was absolutely awful, but Jones sucked as well. When he did have time he was off target a lot, forcing tough catches, the second pick was fully on him. The first pick was also party on him. It was very unlucky but that was a terrible place to make that throw, Saquon was a sitting duck there. He’s played significantly better with bad line play before, he had a bad game as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

There's a kid (26 year old, at my age I can call him a kid) at my office who is fully caught up in analytics and he and I argue occasionally about a handful of things in both baseball and football. I knew last night that his opinion of what went wrong would be far different from mine, when I saw him this morning his take was that we should have thrown the ball more, especially early.

I'm from the camp that believes if you can run on your opponent (and aren't in a position to play catch up) you should run the ball. Why we thought it was a good idea to throw three passes on the possession after the block/TD (down 6-0) is beyond me

All in all, with the exception of the bulk of our first offensive drive, the approach we took was the worst possible we could have taken against this opponent. No guarantees that we would have won but the game would have been far more competitive.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well that sucked.

Thing that made me the saddest is Evan Neal. Was hoping for some major progress in year 2, but wow, just wow, that performance was AWFUL.

I'm beginning to think that Neal needs to be moved inside to guard. I know he's taller (6'7") than what many believe a guard should be but there have been quite a few 6'6" guards (including David Diehl for us for a few seasons) in the NFL and with a 6'5" QB, we won;t need to worry about having to look over the OL.

I still don't know why we don't put a TE next to him to force the DE to come through him on passing plays.

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think that Neal needs to be moved inside to guard. I know he's taller (6'7") than what many believe a guard should be but there have been quite a few 6'6" guards (including David Diehl for us for a few seasons) in the NFL and with a 6'5" QB, we won;t need to worry about having to look over the OL.

I still don't know why we don't put a TE next to him to force the DE to come through him on passing plays.
They started doing that with Bellinger after the first few drives. But the reality is it's very difficult to do that consistently. If you need to keep the TE in to block on every play you have 4 receivers going up against 6 or 7 guys in the secondary and it's almost impossible to find an open receiver like that

Reaction Score

He’s also had the worst line and the absolute worst set of WRs in the NFL this says nothing. You want more stats that mean absolutely nothing, Tyrod Taylor had the best QB rating of any QB last night LOL.

7 sacks and 12 rushed throws please, he had no chance. 2nd Interception not good but just trying to make something happen.

Agree to disagree. If he had Daks line and time he wouldn’t have been 13-24.

Reaction Score
He’s also had the worst line and the absolute worst set of WRs in the NFL this says nothing. You want more stats that mean absolutely nothing, Tyrod Taylor had the best QB rating of any QB last night LOL.

7 sacks and 12 rushed throws please, he had no chance. 2nd Interception not good but just trying to make something happen.

Agree to disagree. If he had Daks line and time he wouldn’t have been 13-24.
He still himself had a bad game lol. It’s okay to call a spade a spade sometimes.

Reaction Score
He still himself had a bad game lol. It’s okay to call a spade a spade sometimes.

Only if it were true. Of course he didn’t have a good game 7 sacks and 12 rushes who would have a good game :rolleyes:? Dak had one rushed pass and threw for about 30 more yards and had less completions. Honestly with that line and his weapons he sucked.

Again heard plenty of radio and gurus today they felt bad for Jones. Not much blame his way but there’s always a few I guess. Won’t change me.

Reaction Score
Only if it were true. Of course he didn’t have a good game 7 sacks and 12 rushes who would have a good game :rolleyes:? Dak had one rushed pass and threw for about 30 more yards and had less completions. Honestly with that line and his weapons he sucked.

Again heard plenty of radio and gurus today they felt bad for Jones. Not much blame his way but there’s always a few I guess. Won’t change me.
Lol okay, OF COURSE the line was way worse and grossly impacted his performance. But, he HIMSELF made bad plays. That second pick was fully on him. He was missing the target pretty often all night. Both things are true.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I know this isn't about the Giants but one has to feel for Aaron Rodgers that and the fact that he was able to walk off the field with an Achilles tear - that's a tough MF

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure any fan is completely happy with their team's offensive line.

Sam Howell was sacked 6 times, including a fumble TD, but not including the OB late hit by Kazir White, as the play resulted in a defensive penalty. Of course, the Commanders played the Cardinals, who have an awful offense beyond the line, and the defensive score only served to make the score closer than the game actually was. On the other hand, Howell, finished with more than 200 yards and involved in 2 scores in his 2nd start.

On Thursday, The Kansas City tackle needed numerous uncalled false starts to achieve mere mediocrity.

The Patriots started two rookies in their first games at both guard positions. Jones was only sacked 3 times and had >300 yards, but no one in Foxborough thought that running out two rookies vs one of the best DLs from 2022 was turning out well.

The Eagles, who are regarded as having one of the better groups up front gave up 3 sacks as well and couldn't score more than 12 points, including 2 50 yard FGAs, outside of two 1st quarter turnovers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure any fan is completely happy with their team's offensive line.

Sam Howell was sacked 6 times, including a fumble TD, but not including the OB late hit by Kazir White, as the play resulted in a defensive penalty. Of course, the Commanders played the Cardinals, who have an awful offense beyond the line, and the defensive score only served to make the score closer than the game actually was. On the other hand, Howell, finished with more than 200 yards and involved in 2 scores in his 2nd start.

On Thursday, The Kansas City tackle needed numerous uncalled false starts to achieve mere mediocrity.

The Patriots started two rookies in their first games at both guard positions. Jones was only sacked 3 times and had >300 yards, but no one in Foxborough thought that running out two rookies vs one of the best DLs from 2022 was turning out well.

The Eagles, who are regarded as having one of the better groups up front gave up 3 sacks as well and couldn't score more than 12 points, including 2 50 yard FGAs, outside of two 1st quarter turnovers.
Patriots may start 5 subs this week on the OL. It's brutal across the league. So many injuries to OL, so many teams playing guys who are deep backups.

Expect the Giants to bounce back this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom