2023 Fall Camp | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2023 Fall Camp

Reaction Score
considering all the hype around the big 3 transfer WRs (Buckman, Burns, Porter) I was surprised to hear that Charlton thinks Clercius and Ross are starters if there’s a game tomorrow. tells me there’s at least 5 WRs that we can really count on. Not something we could’ve said last year
Pumped for the season. Agree on the excitement around the group of receivers. Hopefully, we’ll have a QB capable of throwing downfield.

Big fan of Cam Ross, but don’t love that the coaching staff is holding him back. Totally understand the thought process of keeping him healthy for the season, but he’ll need the pre-season reps to get back in the swing of things. Let the talent flow.

Reaction Score
Pumped for the season. Agree on the excitement around the group of receivers. Hopefully, we’ll have a QB capable of throwing downfield.

Big fan of Cam Ross, but don’t love that the coaching staff is holding him back. Totally understand the thought process of keeping him healthy for the season, but he’ll need the pre-season reps to get back in the swing of things. Let the talent flow.

Ross got a little action in the bowl game and he looked dangerous with the ball in his hands. Don't worry about him, he knows the offense. Besides this is the first time we have a coaching staff that we can trust.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a player focused approach:

-> Wide receiver Cam Ross was expected to be the Huskies’ top receiver in each of the last two seasons before he broke his right foot to end the 2021 campaign and broke the left during last year’s camp. UConn’s staff is being “very conservative” with how Ross is used ahead of this year, especially in camp, with hopes of finally getting him back to 100%.

“I have so much respect for Cam. To go through what he’s gone through the last few years – I mean, a lot of guys would’ve given it up and he hasn’t, he’s only worked harder, he’s doubled down on everything that he’s done,” Mora said. “We’ve got to get him to the starting line. That’s for our football team but maybe more importantly for Cam. So if he’s not feeling right we’re backing him off – today I noticed him limping and we backed him off. We’ve got to get him to the starting line, he deserves that and this team deserves that. <-

Reaction Score
Ross got a little action in the bowl game and he looked dangerous with the ball in his hands. Don't worry about him, he knows the offense. Besides this is the first time we have a coaching staff that we can trust.
This .... and I'm hearing that Porter is the real deal. Heres to everyone staying healthy.

Reaction Score

Coaching staff realizes games count, a Cam Ross that is underpracticed and 100% healthy > a hurt Cam Ross

Reaction Score
Shows how quickly #3 QB can become #2. We know from last year how quickly #2 can become #1.
we also know from last year how quick QB3 can be used in really weird and sometimes detrimental wildcat plays!

Reaction Score
Love Cam Ross. What a challenging career he has had to date.

This year I hope he has a Marcus Easley type of year and plays on Sundays in the future.
I do too but don’t have an issue if some newcomers are even better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom