2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin… | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin…

Reaction Score
Wow thats a massive blow to JMU....I actually think he should've stayed, he had something going well there and was really building that program.
You stay if you don't care about money. He's 62. He may never get another opportunity to cash in.

Reaction Score
Tino sunseri now that’s a name from the past. Those are huge losses for JMU

Reaction Score
Before we hired Mora, I really wanted Cignetti as our coach. If he can make Indiana competitve he deserves to be in the HOF. Personally I'd rather see Fritz stay at Tulane than go to Houston.

Reaction Score
Before we hired Mora, I really wanted Cignetti as our coach. If he can make Indiana competitve he deserves to be in the HOF. Personally I'd rather see Fritz stay at Tulane than go to Houston.

I feel sorry for him. Nobody will be successful there.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Incentives without a buyout should be way of future. Just don't get buyouts at a lot of these schools.

Reaction Score

-> Perhaps the most interesting tidbit to come from fairly reliable sources Thursday night was how closely linked the athletic director and football coaching hires could be. Bourne will have some input in his own replacement, but JMU also hired the firm Collegiate Sports Associates to aid in both searches. Sources said former Virginia athletic director Craig Littlepage is the point man for CSA in both searches.

They’ve also said two figures close to Littlepage are extremely interested in coming to JMU as a package deal: U.Va’s associate director of development Shawn Moore and Penn State co-defensive coordinator Anthony Poindexter.

Both men are legendary former Cavalier football players and one source said it would be “a dream for them to work together in that capacity.” A separate source said Moore had yet to have any official contact with JMU about its athletic director position and Poindexter wouldn’t fit Bourne’s stated preference of someone with previous head coaching experience, but the ties to Littlepage are interesting.

Another name that has routinely come up in speculation, but with little solid intel, is Rutgers defensive coordinator Joe Harasymiak. Unlike Poindexter, Harasymiak has head coaching experience at Maine before moving on to Power 5 assistant jobs. He was also reportedly a candidate when the Dukes hired Cignetti. <-

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

-> Perhaps the most interesting tidbit to come from fairly reliable sources Thursday night was how closely linked the athletic director and football coaching hires could be. Bourne will have some input in his own replacement, but JMU also hired the firm Collegiate Sports Associates to aid in both searches. Sources said former Virginia athletic director Craig Littlepage is the point man for CSA in both searches.

They’ve also said two figures close to Littlepage are extremely interested in coming to JMU as a package deal: U.Va’s associate director of development Shawn Moore and Penn State co-defensive coordinator Anthony Poindexter.

Both men are legendary former Cavalier football players and one source said it would be “a dream for them to work together in that capacity.” A separate source said Moore had yet to have any official contact with JMU about its athletic director position and Poindexter wouldn’t fit Bourne’s stated preference of someone with previous head coaching experience, but the ties to Littlepage are interesting.

Another name that has routinely come up in speculation, but with little solid intel, is Rutgers defensive coordinator Joe Harasymiak. Unlike Poindexter, Harasymiak has head coaching experience at Maine before moving on to Power 5 assistant jobs. He was also reportedly a candidate when the Dukes hired Cignetti. <-
Harasymiak would be a great get for JMU.

Reaction Score
Wow thats a massive blow to JMU....I actually think he should've stayed, he had something going well there and was really building that program.

What? How do you turn down BiG money??

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
What? How do you turn down BiG money??
Is it worth failing and getting fired in three years when you continue to be the bottom two-three teams in the B1G? Some of these coaches need to think about quality of life with these moves. The amount of stress this guy is going to be under, only to inevitably fail, is not worth the millions he'll make vs the million he was making at JMU. When you come out and make a statement that JMU did everything right and you don't know what more they could have done, why leave?

I guess I'll never understand some of these moves but I still wanna know how many coaches move from successful coaching positions to P5 success without being fired within 5 years?

Reaction Score
Is it worth failing and getting fired in three years when you continue to be the bottom two-three teams in the B1G? Some of these coaches need to think about quality of life with these moves. The amount of stress this guy is going to be under, only to inevitably fail, is not worth the millions he'll make vs the million he was making at JMU. When you come out and make a statement that JMU did everything right and you don't know what more they could have done, why leave?

I guess I'll never understand some of these moves but I still wanna know how many coaches move from successful coaching positions to P5 success without being fired within 5 years?

He’s 62. If he gets fired, he retires with about $20M in the bank.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
He’s 62. If he gets fired, he retires with about $20M in the bank.
Didn't realize the age. Ok I agree with taking the money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom