2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn QB Competition Discussion...

Reaction Score
I will sum up my thoughts rather quickly. I like what I am seeing so far. What needs to be remembered is the rise of the QB, and the level he reaches doesn't matter who it is. It matters how high he rises. Just having an adequate QB isn't enough. NCAA Football is highly based on 1 thing. There is a symbiotic relationship between the level of the QB and the level of the team. It makes no difference which of the many QB's ends up being #1. It makes all the difference of what level he is playing at. That will have more input on the level the team rises to than anything else.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
ON a Sunday Morning CT talk TV show, Mora highlighted Robinson as being enrolled and working out with the WR's. It could be because Millen isn't here yet, but I felt that was a tip of the hand to who he is expecting to be his QB.

Reaction Score
ON a Sunday Morning CT talk TV show, Mora highlighted Robinson as being enrolled and working out with the WR's. It could be because Millen isn't here yet, but I felt that was a tip of the hand to who he is expecting to be his QB.

This is good to hear.

Reaction Score
Among the transfers we did see a tweet that he signed so this would make that he would already be in the building

Reaction Score
Was it he is working out with the WR's as a QB or as a WR?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I will bet you a beer that does not happen unless there are a ton of injuries in 2023 and he has to step in. Start the first game as QB in 2023? Never.
Curious how you know this. I need investment advice.

Reaction Score
No doubt that he is talented, or HCJM would not have made the offer. But let's not get carried away. Do we know that the offer was for playing QB? And who else did they have in their room already?

Yooou. You often make wild-ass assertions based on ... what? Your iCloud? There is nothing written or implied on what Zion is being recruited for except to be the 2022 class QB. If he turns into a different position, we shall call you prescient; because there is no indication of that to date.

Reaction Score
I will always hold fast to the idea that 4=0, and 3=0, and for that matter 2=0. I think Mora is turning in all of his Scrabble tiles for a fresh set, which everyone agrees is the right move.
Well we haven’t begun the competition yet! Hopefully one clear winner emerges, but that doesn’t mean you cant have 3 or 4 capable quarterbacks on a roster. Don’t forget that Ohio State won a national championship with a 3rd stringer in 2014.

Reaction Score
Yooou. You often make wild-ass assertions based on ... what? Your iCloud? There is nothing written or implied on what Zion is being recruited for except to be the 2022 class QB. If he turns into a different position, we shall call you prescient; because there is no indication of that to date.
You completely missed the point of the post. My question was what position did the P5 schools from which he had offers recruit him for. NOT what position he was recruited for by HCJM. That much is well known. The discussion started when it was noted that he had a lot of P5 offers and therefore people were predicting he had a great chance of starting right away for UConn. I asked, were all those offers to play QB? No one has answered that yet. Are we caught up now?

Reaction Score
Curious how you know this. I need investment advice.
The trick is never to bet more than you can afford to lose. If I am wrong, I will pay up if we have a bet. So far he has not taken me up on it.

I could use investment advice too.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The trick is never to bet more than you can afford to lose. If I am wrong, I will pay up if we have a bet. So far he has not taken me up on it.

I could use investment advice too.
Plastics. And you have to be of a certain epoch to get that. Luckily my kids are doing well enough that they don’t need to worry about what the market is currently doing to their inheritance.

My only QB prediction is that it probably won’t be Johnny McEntee.

Reaction Score
Plastics. And you have to be of a certain epoch to get that. Luckily my kids are doing well enough that they don’t need to worry about what the market is currently doing to their inheritance.

Can't remember the first name of Miss Robinson but I was in love with her. Mrs Robinson probably could have had .... Oh, never mind. Coo coo cuchew. Parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme.

Elaine.

Oh, on McEntee, he may indeed come back if the former guy wins in 2024. And as the starting "QB", just not on the same team.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can't remember the first name of Miss Robinson but I was in love with her. Mrs Robinson probably could have had .... Oh, never mind. Coo coo cuchew. Parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Elaine. Everyone was in love with her.

Elaine.

Oh, on McEntee, he may indeed come back if the former guy wins in 2024. And as the starting "QB", just not on the same team.
Katharine Ross retired too young. Every guy loved Elaine. My problem was I was newly engaged at the time. Still going strong after almost 53 years despite my ancient secret crush.

Reaction Score
You completely missed the point of the post. My question was what position did the P5 schools from which he had offers recruit him for. NOT what position he was recruited for by HCJM. That much is well known. The discussion started when it was noted that he had a lot of P5 offers and therefore people were predicting he had a great chance of starting right away for UConn. I asked, were all those offers to play QB? No one has answered that yet. Are we caught up now?
He is ranked as a top 40 QB prospect in the county by 247. He quarterbacked a Florida/National Powerhouse that was nationally ranked number 1 at points during his time there and always in the top 5 and was the first QB to win 3 state titles from that historical powerhouse program. It is a given he was recruited by P5 programs as a QB and backed up in the articles that HuskyMedic has posted. Your hypothesis that he wasn't recruited by P5s or Miami as a QB has long since been disproven and your question above has been answered, yet you continue to ask it. Your point is not to inquire about anything, it is to force some insane narrative you have in your head that the guy I described above is not good enough for P5 QB football and that's it.

Reaction Score

Even if he wasn’t recruited as a QB by some institutions, it does not matter one iota.

Do you have any idea how many QBs recruited as athletes turned out to be amazing college QBs?

Tyler Lorenzen was one of the best QBs we have had and Iowa State wanted him to play TE.

I forget which one but there is an NFL QB hall of famer who was recruited as TE more than a QB.

Ever heard of Steve McNair? One of the reasons he played FCS was that Alcorn State was willing to let him play QB.

I don’t know where your argument is going.

Reaction Score
Among the transfers we did see a tweet that he signed so this would make that he would already be in the building
How could he be in the building? It was announced the campus was shut down for Covid protocol and students can’t return until the 29th.

Reaction Score
How could he be in the building? It was announced the campus was shut down for Covid protocol and students can’t return until the 29th.

The same way the other sports teams are on campus.

Reaction Score
He is ranked as a top 40 QB prospect in the county by 247. He quarterbacked a Florida/National Powerhouse that was nationally ranked number 1 at points during his time there and always in the top 5 and was the first QB to win 3 state titles from that historical powerhouse program. It is a given he was recruited by P5 programs as a QB and backed up in the articles that HuskyMedic has posted. Your hypothesis that he wasn't recruited by P5s or Miami as a QB has long since been disproven and your question above has been answered, yet you continue to ask it. Your point is not to inquire about anything, it is to force some insane narrative you have in your head that the guy I described above is not good enough for P5 QB football and that's it.
Relax. He is coming here. He is welcome. I looked at several of those articles. None of them said he was recruited to play QB by those schools. I am guessing that the authors did not know. But if there are so many out there saying that he was going to play QB, by all means go ahead and post a couple. I was only asking a question. Don't get so puffed up. We will see who starts the first game.

Reaction Score
I looked at several of those articles. None of them said he was recruited to play QB by those schools. I am guessing that the authors did not know.
How about the Miami Herald article by the long time U beat writer?

-> UM is pursuing a bunch of Class of 2022 quarterbacks and hopes to sign one or two. Among the quarterbacks offered scholarships by the Canes:

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas three-star dual-threat Zion Turner, who told Canesport that Miami is his front-runner, with LSU and Texas A&M also places he wants to visit...

Georgia-based four-star dual-threat Jacurri Brown, Rivals’ No. 191 player in the 2022 class; he grew up a UF fan, and the Gators and Canes are among a bunch of teams pursuing him... <-

Since you seem to be looking for specific wording - how about you provide a link that specifies he wasn’t offered/recruited to be a QB by a school…

Reaction Score
Relax. He is coming here. He is welcome. I looked at several of those articles. None of them said he was recruited to play QB by those schools. I am guessing that the authors did not know. But if there are so many out there saying that he was going to play QB, by all means go ahead and post a couple. I was only asking a question. Don't get so puffed up. We will see who starts the first game.
Pretty much every single article he is in was either titled talking about quarterbacks solely or had Zion talking about how the coach would make him a better man and how he fit as that team's QB in their system or both. Since medic has taken Miami for ya, I will post a West Virginia one: 2022 4-Star Quarterback Zion Turner Plans Upcoming Visit to West Virginia

“I feel like my skillset matches up with any offense. I feel like I can do it all and West Virginia has the coaches and staff there that can help me become a better quarterback and help me elevate my game. The strength of my game is my ability to make plays and use my legs to help stretch out defenses keep them honest.”

Reaction Score

Lol, my kids are a bit worried but I’m telling them this will be an opportunity to buy when we get to the Haines bottom. Cant time the market and don’t need to when you are 30. As far as there inheritance, my hope is to live to 102 and the remaining money I would have left covers the cost of my cremation and the cost to get my ashes to Sicily. I wish I could say I did this intentionally, but I’m in the process of rolling over a 401k. Lucky for me I made the request about 2 weeks ago and I’ll sit on the check for a bit before I rollover.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom