2022 UConn men's soccer season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn men's soccer season

Reaction Score

I missed most of the first half of the UConn win over NJIT. From what I saw, dispite the 3-1 UConn margin of victory, play was fairly even (slight advantage towards UConn in possession) in the second half with NJIT getting a decent number of scoring chances. Play was certainly up and down the field. Still early in the season so improvement can happen, but we'll see how UConn fairs against tougher non conference opponents and against Big East rivals.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and thought the team played pretty well. NJIT wasn't a crazy tough opponent but they were very physical and had some borderline dirty plays, so I was happy with our composure. I was also very impressed with Conway's performance after Moussa Wade went down; he did a great job running at defenders and making their job hard. Overall, good win but very sad for Moussa

Reaction Score
UConn and Syracuse playing in the rain in Storrs. Can't imagine this would have been played on the old Morrone Stadium grass field with all the hard rain. Anyway, No. 15 Syracuse up 3-0 after the first half.

Reaction Score
UConn and Syracuse playing in the rain in Storrs. Can't imagine this would have been played on the old Morrone Stadium grass field with all the hard rain. Anyway, No. 15 Syracuse up 3-0 after the first half.

Syracuse with the 5-0 victory over UConn men's soccer tonight.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really disappointed with this start.
agreed but new coach, new system, however, there needs to be some quick fixes on the defensive end. CG has to address this immediately

Reaction Score

agreed but new coach, new system, however, there needs to be some quick fixes on the defensive end. CG has to address this immediately

Just getting the feeling it is going to be another tough year for UConn men's soccer in the Big East.

Reaction Score
It's always a gamble when you choose a first time head coach in any sport. He deserves a chance to recruit with the new facilities. But he also needs to prove he can be the head man. Be nice if he can break .500 this year.

Reaction Score
It's always a gamble when you choose a first time head coach in any sport. He deserves a chance to recruit with the new facilities. But he also needs to prove he can be the head man. Be nice if he can break .500 this year.

UConn men's soccer went 2-6-2 in the Big East last season. UConn is currently 2-3 in non conference play. I have a feeling that having a .500 or better overall record will be difficult. Definitely agree that Chris Gbandi deserves a chance to recruit with the new facilities, and to show he has what it takes.

Sad what has happened with the WHUS radio sports department. Got so spoiled over the years being able to listen to many men's and women's soccer games (among other UConn sports) both home and away on the radio. WHUS currently does not list a Sports Director on its website, and to my knowledge has yet to provide coverage on the radio of any UConn games in any sport. Certainly a big change from about 10 years ago, but WHUS sports coverage of games had been declining for a number of year, and has gotten even more sporadic since the Covid pandemic hit the scene. I really miss listening to UConn sports on WHUS.

Reaction Score
UConn men's soccer went 2-6-2 in the Big East last season. UConn is currently 2-3 in non conference play. I have a feeling that having a .500 or better overall record will be difficult. Definitely agree that Chris Gbandi deserves a chance to recruit with the new facilities, and to show he has what it takes.

Sad what has happened with the WHUS radio sports department. Got so spoiled over the years being able to listen to many men's and women's soccer games (among other UConn sports) both home and away on the radio. WHUS currently does not list a Sports Director on its website, and to my knowledge has yet to provide coverage on the radio of any UConn games in any sport. Certainly a big change from about 10 years ago, but WHUS sports coverage of games had been declining for a number of year, and has gotten even more sporadic since the Covid pandemic hit the scene. I really miss listening to UConn sports on WHUS.

Hockey was a mainstay (along with MBB) when I was HUS back in the 70s. It's a shame if that tradition is gone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hockey was a mainstay (along with MBB) when I was HUS back in the 70s. It's a shame if that tradition is gone.
Hockey in the outside upside down canoe? I remember watching some UConn games with my father during the 70s in the freezing cold and there were no more than 50 spectators. Not much of a mainstay
But then again we all know you meant soccer!!!!!!!!!!! :p :cool:

Reaction Score
Hockey in the outside upside down canoe? I remember watching some UConn games with my father during the 70s in the freezing cold and there were no more than 50 spectators. Not much of a mainstay
But then again we all know you meant soccer!!!!!!!!!!! :p :cool:
Hockey was definitely a mainstay on WHUS in the 70s. We did all the home games with an very solid annoucing crew. I believe we had the ONLY live broadcast of UConn Hockey. The quality of the effort was well above the usual college fair. I think the lead announcer was a student named Howie Weinstein. He was really good.

Reaction Score
After a lightning delay postponed the Huskies Big East opener in Omaha by a day, UConn and Creighton played to a 1-1 tie.

Reaction Score

The game against Creighton was supposed to take place on Saturday, but there was a lightning delay on the game that day that delayed playing most of that match until Sunday night. Because of this, the game at Dartmouth got cancelled.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom