2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Moot point, looks like he's SJU bound
Perfect fit for Mike Anderson
He's not what UConn needs - they need a floor general first - someone who can dictate pace and get the ball to the guys who have the best access for a shot or a lane to the basket
Nadev Henefeld - great point forward for us.
without a doubt
Giffs had all the tools but didn't take charge like Nadav but it's the personality

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
See Curbello
I actually think Curbello could be a pretty good piece lol. I was not much of a fan of his at Illinois but I think he has all the tools to give us exactly what we need out of that position if he can be more disciplined with the ball and his shot taking. Obviously those are big ifs, but there aren’t too many players available with the playmaking ceiling he has, and while not consistent this past year, he’s shown the ability to shoot it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think you misread my post, I'm saying there are tons of impact players in the portal. It shouldn't be a rebuilding year, add a few guards and shooters from the portal and we'll have a really good team again next year
Sleep deprivation. Thanks!

Reaction Score

Not a huge fan. Isn’t particularly efficient from any distance, not a shooter (69% FT and 27% 3PT, 35% in SEC play), and sky high TO%. Too much inefficiency for my taste, but definitely has upside.

His BPM/RAPM type numbers aren’t bad, particularly for a freshman. SCar didn’t really have many guys who are high usage types, so that likely forced his hand a bit in terms of forcing up shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
See Curbello
Oh contraire B1G country dude. :)

Reaction Score
Not a huge fan. Isn’t particularly efficient from any distance, not a shooter (69% FT and 27% 3PT, 35% in SEC play), and sky high TO%. Too much inefficiency for my taste, but definitely has upside.

His BPM/RAPM type numbers aren’t bad, particularly for a freshman. SCar didn’t really have many guys who are high usage types, so that likely forced his hand a bit in terms of forcing up shots.
Yea stats don’t jump off the page but almost feel like if a Power 6 All Freshman player at a position of need wants to come you kinda have to take him

Reaction Score
Yea stats don’t jump off the page but almost feel like if a Power 6 All Freshman player at a position of need wants to come you kinda have to take him
I don’t really consider SG a position of need long term with Hawkins and Floyd on board, but I do agree with the sentiment.

Reaction Score
Played with Devin a few times recently, kinda eh. Some of the other players stood out a little more than he did.

Reaction Score
Updated w/ Carter.

Personally, I take his stats with a grain of salt. A freshman playing on a SEC team that ranked #201 in national offensive efficiency.

South Carolina was 331st in offensive turnover prevention and played at the 33rd fastest offensive tempo. Sounds like uncontrolled chaos.

Add in the fact that the team only shot 47.3 fg%, which was 287th in the nation...just a breeding ground for bad offense, I highly doubt Carter was a big reason for this, especially playing just 18.7 mpg.

I wouldn't be "pumped" if we get Carter, but I'd be intrigued for sure. He's also a Brewster kid, which is intriguing too.

Reaction Score
The transfer markets recruiting is done way before anyone announces they’re transferring. So yes it’s quite and nerve racking for us. But I’m sure the staff has a good idea already of who they’re getting. Be patient. I see a TON of NEW talent in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom