2022 Spring Game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Spring Game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mora said it would be Friday Night lights type of thing on the 22nd. Do you trust Mora?
I think it's a great idea. I was locked in an old paradigm.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just confirmed with my group we will be headed up for this one. Extremely excited for on-campus football!

Reaction Score
Just confirmed with my group we will be headed up for this one. Extremely excited for on-campus football!
I like it. What better place then on campus to hold what used to be the blue and white game.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see them bring in food trucks to line up outside the soccer stadium all evening. Make it a real event/party type atmosphere
'
There are many good ideas. Thinking out of the box is great.

Reaction Score
Uconn baseball is supposed to take on Nova next door at Elliot at 6:05, the same night ( April 22nd), so they may end up staggering the times, so fans can do both.
Well that answers that question.... It is now changed to Thursday "night lights" - April 21st - instead of Friday. The same day that Uconn BB is playing Nova. ...... Time and location TBA ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well that answers that question.... It is now changed to Thursday "night lights" - April 21st - instead of Friday. The same day that Uconn BB is playing Nova. ...... Time and location TBA ?

Double header? Check out the FB blue/white game then have everyone go watch UConn beat Nova on the diamond.

Reaction Score
Double header? Check out the FB blue/white game then have everyone go watch UConn beat Nova on the diamond.
nope ...my bad if I made it confusing. The original plan according to Mora was going to be playing it at Morrone on Friday April 22. , which would of been the same night as the BB game. Now Uconn (yesterdays tweet) says the Blue and White spring game will be on Thursday April 21 with the time and place TBA on Feb 22nd (maybe at the meet the FB coaches event ? ).

1644936666842.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
nope ...my bad if I made it confusing. The original plan according to Mora was going to be playing it at Morrone on Friday April 22. , which would of been the same night as the BB game. Now Uconn (yesterdays tweet) says the Blue and White spring game will be on Thursday April 21 with the time and place TBA on Feb 22nd (maybe at the meet the FB coaches event ? ).

View attachment 73347
Ok weekend destination. Head up thursday, stay for the series.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This game being on Thursday is beyond dumb

Reaction Score
This game being on Thursday is beyond dumb

I’m sure it’s a disappointment for the 500 non student fans that would have gone to the Rent on a Saturday.

Reaction Score
I'm probably wrong but is there more going on here than we know. Is this blue white game a possible barometer or measuring stick as to interest and enthusiasm for a future on campus facility. If they pack Morrone with 5000 fans and I don't care if they are mostly students or mostly season ticket j holders, will this lead to another game next year?

I would love to see a sellout crowd or even a turnaway crowd for this game. This bares watching. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I'm probably wrong but is there more going on here than we know. Is this blue white game a possible barometer or measuring stick as to interest and enthusiasm for a future on campus facility. If they pack Morrone with 5000 fans and I don't care if they are mostly students or mostly season ticket j holders, will this lead to another game next year?

I would love to see a sellout crowd or even a turnaway crowd for this game. This bares watching. Thoughts?
I think you are overthinking this…

Reaction Score
I think you are overthinking this…

You're in the know more than just about anyone and I said I'm probably wrong so I will leave it at that, but it still would be awesome to see a sellout for the blue white game. Just wondering at this stage will it be only for season ticket holders and students or will the public have an opportunity to attend.

Reaction Score
Well if they do get upwards to 5,000 at Morrone (still TBA according to the tweet from Uconn) for the Blue & White game. It would then make sense, why they would move it to Thursday night instead of playing on Friday night at the same time as the Nova-Uconn BB game right next door in Elliot Ballpark. Both games at the same time and the new rink construction would've made it pretty crowded in that area of Calhoun Way.

Last edited:

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Love the concept of an on-campus Blue - White game, but having it on a Thursday is a big whiff, attendance wise. Friday or Saturday would be a home run.

Reaction Score
Love the concept of an on-campus Blue - White game, but having it on a Thursday is a big whiff, attendance wise. Friday or Saturday would be a home run.
If you look at the Uconn BB schedule vs. Nova that week-end, I posted above. Sat night right after the BB game would've finished, ( starts at 2:05) would seem to make the most sense. But we will get all the details next week (Feb 22nd).

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
On attendance, what are rough capacity numbers for the on campus venues? I'm not that familiar with the various sports fields- I'm guessing it would be just a couple thousand that could actually attend anyway.

Reaction Score
On attendance, what are rough capacity numbers for the on campus venues? I'm not that familiar with the various sports fields- I'm guessing it would be just a couple thousand that could actually attend anyway.
Yep, bleacher capacity of 4,169 with standing room that will push stadium capacity to 5,300 for Morrone. Elliot Ball park has seating for around 1500, but : "Penders would love Elliot Ballpark, which opened this season, to eventually host the Big East tournament. The facility boasts field turf, lights and a capacity, Penders believes, of as much as 10,000 if the outfield berm and other areas are utilized properly. "

4_UConn_Athletic_Benson.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would’ve thought a noon kickoff on sat would be ideal. Spill over to baseball game afterwards.

As I have said, I am not in favor of playing at a soccer stadium, but I am very much in favor of having the darn game.

Pick the time, pick the place and just have the event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom