2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 86 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
How many more 2022 roster spots (incoming freshmen and transfer portals) do we have open?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Who Are Our Coaches Following 8.0
  • (DB) Javian Green picks up multiple follows starting with Mora after we offer
  • (RB) Kayne Udoh picks up follows from Pehrson
  • (OL) Tupuvae Amaama started following a lot of BYU recruits after his visit
  • Virginia making a late push towards offers for transfers now that the new staff under Tony Elliot has settled in (Hollensteiner, Stilianos, Jenkins, Jones)
  • (TE) Josh McCarter (no longer followed) now picking up Community College and D2 offers after getting some nice offers from D1 schools. like Arizona St, UConn, Kansas...
  • (OL) Mac Hollensteiner picking up some high-level P5 offers this week
  • (OL) Tre'Mond Shorts looks like he winding down his officials and looking to stay in the south (visits to Mississippi St, LSU, Virginia with talks of Kentucky as well in the mix)
  • (OL) Deyavie Hammond will enroll at FIU

Offensive Line
  1. John Paul Flores (OL) > Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, Hilliard, Shearer, Allen, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer UMass 1/13
  2. Tapuvae “Snoop” Amaama (OL) > Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, Hilliard, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer BYU on 1/10
  3. Tre'Mond Shorts (OL) > Mora, Petrarca, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski > No offers posted since de-commit on 12/13
  4. Mac Hollensteiner (OL)> Mora, Charlton, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Fresno St, Tulane. And Oklahoma St 1/7 and Virginia and Michigan St 1/13
  5. Derek Ferraro (OL) > Mora, Charlton, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Rhode Island 1/13 (0ffered by San Diego St around 1/7 but not posted)
Quarterback
  1. Zion Turner (QB) > Mora, Petrarca, Charlton. Hilliard, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Temple 12/28
  2. Treyson Bourguet (QB) > Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, Pehrson, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer UConn 12/28
  3. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) > Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Temple 12/28
Defensive Backs
  1. Isiah Davis (DB) > Mora, Spanos, McClendon, Pehrson, Hilliard, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer UConn 12/15
  2. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) > Mora, Charlton, Hilliard, Pehrson, Sammis, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Rhode Island 12/16
  3. Javian Green (DB)> Mora, McClendon, Hilliard, Allen, and Zyskowki > Last posted offer UConn 1/13
  4. Lee Molette III (DB/WR) > Mora, Petrarca, Hilliard, Zyskowski, and Pehrson > Last posted offer Miami Of Ohio 12/13

Tight Ends
  1. Steven Stilianos (TE) > Mora, Petrarca, Charlton, and Sammis > Last posted offer Virginia 1/13

Defensive Ends
  1. Dre Butler (DL) -> Mora, McClendon, Spanos, Charlton, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer UAB 1/6
  2. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) > Mora, Charlton, Barthel, Spanos, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Tennessee 1/4
  3. Malik Hamm (DL) > Mora, Spanos Barthel, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer North Texas 1/6
Athletes
  1. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE) > Mora, Petrarca, and Zyskowski > Last posted offer Yale 12/13

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How many more 2022 roster spots (incoming freshmen and transfer portals) do we have open?
If I have the right number on those returning/staying with the program and assuming we stick with an 85 man scholarship roster (I think they can go over 85 this year under the short term COVid rules) and assuming Prince Samuels is all in, then we have perhaps 5 slots left.

I think we are poised to over-sign this winter and figure a couple more slots open after spring ball so we dont have to defer anyone.

That said, I could see us going up much closer to that 32 max this winter which means what happens after spring ball will get interesting.

Reaction Score
That said, I could see us going up much closer to that 32 max this winter which means what happens after spring ball will get interesting.

Just curious, why does having a class of 32 make post spring ball more interesting?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just curious, why does having a class of 32 make post spring ball more interesting?
Because we might be well over the scholarship limit (rather than 1 or 2 over) and so there would be some interesting pressure to push kids out this spring or else risk telling some of the new signees their enrollment will be deferred until Jan'23.

We've never really been in a position (like many programs) were we are clearly set to be over the scholarship cap should everyone arrive for summer ball. Under prior regimes we always signed to the cap and not over the cap. And most of the time we struggled to sign to the cap and by usual natural attrition we'd go into fall ball several scholarship under anyway.

But alot of this pressure disappears if we can take more than 85 scholarships into fall '22.

Reaction Score
Because we might be well over the scholarship limit (rather than 1 or 2 over) and so there would be some interesting pressure to push kids out this spring or else risk telling some of the new signees their enrollment will be deferred until Jan'23.

We've never really been in a position (like many programs) were we are clearly set to be over the scholarship cap should everyone arrive for summer ball. Under prior regimes we always signed to the cap and not over the cap. And most of the time we struggled to sign to the cap and by usual natural attrition we'd go into fall ball several scholarship under anyway.

But alot of this pressure disappears if we can take more than 85 scholarships into fall '22.

Got it. I'm surprised we don't have 32 scholarships available given the number of players who have left already.

Reaction Score

You don't have to over-sign anymore, but I understand the logic as many schools used the strategy in the past. I think the transfer portal has changed the math. In the past, it was almost impossible to sign a good player after February that was eligible to play during the upcoming season. Now, kids that don't like how spring ball worked out for them can enter the portal and transfer with immediate eligibility. Thus I think a school can fill holes in the roster after spring ball or during the summer.

Reaction Score
Counting.

If we have 20 new names and we can go up to 32 ... why would our number be 5? Shouldn't we expect 12 new names?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Counting.

If we have 20 new names and we can go up to 32 ... why would our number be 5? Shouldn't we expect 12 new names?
Because I am assuming we fill to 85 for now

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
QB Treyson Bourguet taking in Ohio University this weekend:

I hope he makes a trip out to Storrs... Ohio U would be a culture shock for this kid. We would win hands down if we get him on campus but I think he is option 2 or 3 for us at QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom