2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 76 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the National news is so far beyond Storrs that ... it might as well be Pluto. SEC were 7 of the top 15 classes; etc etc. Major pickups at Texas & Texas A&M and Florida's new staff did well.

Rutgers? Seems to be beyond where they have been. Top 4 stars from NJ and PA; and then a good Florida grab. Penn State per usual. BC? best ever by ratings ... not far from top 25. Buffalo and UMass? nothing too shocking imho

US? A damn good day. Leaped into recommits of the top HCRE targets plus some. A good Transfer or 2 or 3. What are we watching: George Steele (he has some interest from others out of Jacksonville State) and Nico Schwikal (think the German can be a solid aggressivor at LB) and Will Knight (all time rushing yardage leader out of Delaware w a 950y FCS year can fill a complimentary role).
Please tell me I'm not the only one to think George "The Animal" Steele...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Looks like Ty Wise from Indiana picking up some interest from Coach Mora and Diabate. Former 3 star linebacker who didn’t see much time this year.

Reaction Score
Does UCONN have any interest in WR Teddy Williams from Cromwell/Portland? He just carried them to the class S state title. His listed 40 time is only 4.7 but he appears to play faster than his timed speed, he's got football speed.
Hall of famer Steve Largent famously had a 4.7 40 time.

His HUDL season highlights are very impressive. He has the Nick Williams knack for finding open space. He also plays OLB.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does UCONN have any interest in WR Teddy Williams from Cromwell/Portland? He just carried them to the class S state title. His listed 40 time is only 4.7 but he appears to play faster than his timed speed, he's got football speed.

His HUDL season highlights are very impressive. He has the Nick Williams knack for finding open space. He also plays OLB.

If you use Twitter as a litmus test. The only mutual connection w/ the current staff on Twitter @ this point in the process/cycle is w/ a Recruiting Assistant.

Reaction Score
If you use Twitter as a litmus test. The only mutual connection w/ the current staff on Twitter @ this point in the process/cycle is w/ a Recruiting Assistant.

The recruiting staff needs to do a deep dive on this kid. We have refs saying he's the player in the state and he has a state title to prove it.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear

We have an article saying A ref said he was best. We don’t know if ref actually said that or why. We are not sure where or if on the field the ref was or exactly what he was watching, but we are now going to say multiple refs said it and our staff should take tips from the highly decorated crews working state hs games?

Maybe he looks fast on film because the opposition is not?

He might be the next Lutrus or Marinovich and I wish him well, but for a staff making in-stare recruiting a point of emphasis, I’m guessing they feel they got the best of what was left.

I’d prefer they focus more on portal at this stage. Maybe a PWO?

Reaction Score
He might be the next Lutrus

I agree, his LB highlights are just as impressive as his WR highlights. We might have depth at WR but we are hurting bigtime at LB. Gotta give this kid a long look.

and don't worry about missing out on portal transfers, i'm very confident the staff can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree, his LB highlights are just as impressive as his WR highlights. We might have depth at WR but we are hurting bigtime at LB. Gotta give this kid a long look.

and don't worry about missing out on portal transfers, i'm very confident the staff can walk and chew gum at the same time.
You’re so confident, you want them to follow up on a lead based on a supposed quote from a Ct HS ref.

Reaction Score

A couple of plays it looked as if everyone else was standing still. Not slow.

Reaction Score
The recruiting staff needs to do a deep dive on this kid. We have refs saying he's the player in the state and he has a state title to prove it.

I thought this post was a joke but I guess it’s not. How does having a state title prove anything about a player’s ability to perform at the next level?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Wow- plays like a beast both ways. Great tackling form. He's baller. Hope we've offered him.

Reaction Score
For football, which if any FBS or FCS schools are recruiting Williams now?

As opposed to larger, generally more competitive schools with more students and potential football players, what's the possibility Williams' football recruiting status may not be helped by Cromwell/Portland's smallish Class S opponents. Reasonable possibility, or dead wrong? Why?

Is Williams fast fast, or potentially just quick compared with possibly slower, less athletic Class S players? Not suggesting small school players cannot be great athletes, just pondering possible reasons Williams may not be heavily recruited yet. ?????

Reaction Score
You shouldn't concern yourself with this. This thread is for football fans. Go back to sleep.

You’re right. We should recruit him and everyone else on his high school championship team.

Reaction Score
For football, which if any FBS or FCS schools are recruiting Williams now?

As opposed to larger, generally more competitive schools with more students and potential football players, what's the possibility Williams' football recruiting status may not be helped by Cromwell/Portland's smallish Class S opponents. Reasonable possibility, or dead wrong? Why?

Is Williams fast fast, or potentially just quick compared with possibly slower, less athletic Class S players? Not suggesting small school players cannot be great athletes, just pondering possible reasons Williams may not be heavily recruited yet. ?????
A lot of it is these kids just don't get seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom