OT: - 2022 NBA Playoffs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2022 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
Celtics didn't deserve to win that game last night, shameful performance.

That Miami Heat bench is fascinating to me. Herro/Robinson actually take steps backward, and guys like Gabe Vincent and Max Strus become key players - what a world.. A Morris brother, one of the Martin twins, fascinating..

Warriors/Heat finals would be an absolute bore

Reaction Score
Quite a turnaround from game 2. Miami loses Butler, the Celtics got a huge assist from the officials, yet Miami still won. This is why I never gamble.

Reaction Score
Lol at anyone thinking NBA playoffs are better then March Madness.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There’s no reason to start Klay over Poole at this point. I really don’t get what Kerr is doing there.

Because Thompson is a first ballot Hall of Famer and still a very good player. Poole may be younger and faster at this point in Klay Thompson's career, but Thompson has a ton of experience and Poole will never be as good as Thompson was at his best. Poole is also still getting a ton of playing time so it doesn't matter all that much who starts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Celtics didn't deserve to win that game last night, shameful performance.

That Miami Heat bench is fascinating to me. Herro/Robinson actually take steps backward, and guys like Gabe Vincent and Max Strus become key players - what a world.. A Morris brother, one of the Martin twins, fascinating..

Warriors/Heat finals would be an absolute bore

While people in the northeast may want the Celtics, the Warriors or the Heat are two of the most recognizable franchises in the NBA, with one of them having played in every NBA Finals from 2011 through 2020.

If the Warriors win this year, and it looks likely that they will, their run from 2015 through this year will be as impressive as any run in NBA history. 4 championships and 2 other appearances in 8 years is amazing, and the only two years in that stretch when they didn't make the finals will have been because of serious injuries to their stars. They will have beaten the greatest player of their era, Lebron, THREE times in the NBA Finals.

They will have done this during a period when the NBA was probably at its peak in terms of talent and popular appeal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Worst conference finals I can remember across the board.
I blame the refs. Not enough fouls called on offense or defense, tends towards low shooting percentages, injuries, and brutal play. But Miami and Boston are both defense first teams as well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Al Horford is still so damn good.
He's bringing so much stability, leadership and consistency. Never having a bad game. Even when he's not scoring he's rebounding, defending and making passes. His sister says he's very focused on making his first Finals.

Hard to see Boston blowing it at home on Friday. They have the better team. But betting on anything in these playoffs is fool's gold.

Reaction Score
Nothing would surprise me for game 7 at this point, close win or blowout for either side.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Boston team just isn't an NBA Finals caliber team. They play reasonably hard and smart, but they just aren't one of the best teams in the NBA. This season is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Celtics, because they will be lucky to get out of the first round next year when everyone in the league is healthy and rested after a full offseason for the first time in 3 years. The Celtics have to beat Miami in game 7, because I don't think this Celtics team, as constituted, can win a title in a normal season, even with a few tweaks.

Heat, Bucks, 76ers, and probably the Nets were all better than the Celtics this season, but none of those teams were healthy in the playoffs. The Warriors are going to be tough in the next round, but they look tired and the Celtics have a shot against them.

Reaction Score
This Boston team just isn't an NBA Finals caliber team. They play reasonably hard and smart, but they just aren't one of the best teams in the NBA. This season is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Celtics, because they will be lucky to get out of the first round next year when everyone in the league is healthy and rested after a full offseason for the first time in 3 years. The Celtics have to beat Miami in game 7, because I don't think this Celtics team, as constituted, can win a title in a normal season, even with a few tweaks.

Heat, Bucks, 76ers, and probably the Nets were all better than the Celtics this season, but none of those teams were healthy in the playoffs. The Warriors are going to be tough in the next round, but they look tired and the Celtics have a shot against them.
Lol, a once in a lifetime opportunity for a core group of players that’s been to three Eastern Conference Finals.

The king of overreactions, everybody!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lol, a once in a lifetime opportunity for a core group of players that’s been to three Eastern Conference Finals.

The king of overreactions, everybody!

To paraphrase Rick Pitino, Isaiah Thomas, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward are not walking through that door, and Horford is old.

The Celtics core group of players is just not that good, and the core on the Heat, 76ers and Bucks is a lot better. The Celtics lose in 5 or 6 to the Bucks if Middleton is healthy.

The Celtics need to make this season count.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
To paraphrase Rick Pitino, Isaiah Thomas, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward are not walking through that door, and Horford is old.

The Celtics core group of players is just not that good, and the core on the Heat, 76ers and Bucks is a lot better. The Celtics lose in 5 or 6 to the Bucks if Middleton is healthy.

The Celtics need to make this season count.
I think you’re completely wrong here. Butler is really the only guy on the Heat better than most of Boston’s core, and he’s not better than Tatum. You can argue Bam and Williams are similar, maybe slight edge to Bam for his flashes on offense. Al is better than PJ Tucker. Smart is better than Lowry. Brown is better than whoever Miami is throwing out as a shooting guard.

But it’s a young group and Miami is a veteran team. Miami is the team about to see its window closing. Celtics self destructed or beat the Bucks in 5. They were clearly better.

Reaction Score
Great Finals matchup on deck, I felt GSW was the best team in the first half of the season before the Draymond injury and Bos was the best team in the 2nd half. If GP2 is healthy and can play extended minutes uncompromised he is gonna give Tatum and Brown hell on the defensive end, especially Brown with how loose his dribble is.

Reaction Score

The Celtics core group of players is just not that good, and the core on the Heat, 76ers and Bucks is a lot better.

This is an absurd take. It reads like trolling; that’s how ridiculous it is.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Celtics blew it by waiving Max Strus, but that he's their starting SG isn't impressive. Herro is a fantastic shooter but doesn't start, I assume because his defense is meh and he's streaky. I think they should play Oladipo more, but they don't. It's two guys, Butler and Bam, and a deep cast of quality role players, including the overweight and past his prime Lowry. It's amazing they are as good as they are. Credit to Spoelstra for that.

Philly has some nice players, but they can't seem to build a team. Maxey was a nice find later in the draft. Maybe Harden will learn how to be a team player and show up in big moments. Embiid is so good it wouldn't take much to make them better, but hunting big names like Harden isn't the answer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The Bucks were missing a first ballot Hall of Famer who is in the prime of his career for their series against the Celtics, but in Celtics fanboy land that apparently didn't matter. Jimmy Butler was almost non-functional in some games by the Celtics own scouting. Lowry was useless. Harden hit a wall midseason and Embiid missed playoff games. The West was just as bad. This injury problem is not some deep insight. Anyone that is not a moron can see it.

The Celtics are a young team so they didn't get hit as hard by the wear and tear. Good for them. Calling back to past conference finals appearances that had key players that are no longer on the Celtics is kind of silly.

Reaction Score
The Bucks were missing a first ballot Hall of Famer who is in the prime of his career for their series against the Celtics, but in Celtics fanboy land that apparently didn't matter. Jimmy Butler was almost non-functional in some games by the Celtics own scouting. Lowry was useless. Harden hit a wall midseason and Embiid missed playoff games. The West was just as bad. This injury problem is not some deep insight. Anyone that is not a moron can see it.

The Celtics are a young team so they didn't get hit as hard by the wear and tear. Good for them. Calling back to past conference finals appearances that had key players that are no longer on the Celtics is kind of silly.
The Bucks are the only team on that list that is clearly better than everyone else when healthy.

Philly is a massive question mark going forward even if they sign Harden long term. It’s possible that Harden has a major bounce back next season, but there’s a realistic chance he’s on the downside of his prime.

Miami won’t be going anywhere, and they will certainly be better with a healthy Herro, but they just don’t seem to have the top-end talent to win a championship. Meanwhile, Brooklyn is Brooklyn, and I’ll believe they won’t self-destruct when I see them put it together for an entire season.

I don’t think the Celtics are as good as a healthy Bucks team, but they’re certainly in the conversation with the rest of those teams. Dismissing their historically good defense as a flash in the pan is a terrible take, even for this board.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thought this was a really good article.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Bucks are the only team on that list that is clearly better than everyone else when healthy.

Philly is a massive question mark going forward even if they sign Harden long term. It’s possible that Harden has a major bounce back next season, but there’s a realistic chance he’s on the downside of his prime.

Miami won’t be going anywhere, and they will certainly be better with a healthy Herro, but they just don’t seem to have the top-end talent to win a championship. Meanwhile, Brooklyn is Brooklyn, and I’ll believe they won’t self-destruct when I see them put it together for an entire season.

I don’t think the Celtics are as good as a healthy Bucks team, but they’re certainly in the conversation with the rest of those teams. Dismissing their historically good defense as a flash in the pan is a terrible take, even for this board.

The NBA can never do what it did with the last two offseasons ever again. If there is ever a long shutdown, either cut the playoffs or shrink the following season down so that players get several months off.

The end of this season and this playoffs are a bad joke with all the injuries and teams blatantly packing it in for the night when they get down in the first half. The fatigue and wear and tear has been brutal and I think it will extend beyond this season. I think some of these injuries are going to turn into chronic problems for a few of the players, and will probably shorten careers.

It looks like it is finally catching up with the Celtics with Smart’s injury.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Khris Middleton isn't an any ballot hall of famer, let alone first ballot. Basketball Reference gives him a 0.3% change at getting into the hall of fame. Get out of here with that absurdity. In 13 seasons he's been to 3 All Star games. He's definitely a very good player but good grief, he's no Kobe Bryant.

I do agree that every team was banged up. Boston included. They were missing two starters in several games. The one day between games cannot happen again. They need to shorten the season if they are going to stick with the play in round. Because it produced too much ugly basketball.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Celtics steal game 1 tonight in Cali!!

Down 15 in the third, the Warriors really shot their load that quarter.

Celtics curb stomped them in the 4th led by huge play by Hereford and D. White.

Unbelievable. Currently up 15 points!

Reaction Score

I’ll give you credit, you’ve taken this trolling to new heights.

Anyway, nice win for the Celtics. Most lopsided fourth quarter in Finals history. Anxiously waiting for Nelson to explain why it doesn’t count. Off night for first ballot Hall of Famer Kevon Looney maybe.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Celtics in the 4th quarter. “I am not left handed”

200.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak