2022 > Jim Mora era begins… | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 > Jim Mora era begins…

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
IDK about energy just yet...last few years they did a decent job of putting out upbeat videos too.

I'm hoping I just see something different during the spring game vs the Rent practice last summer. At the Rent practice I came away suspicious of the O Line, suspicious of the pass game and concerned the D wasn't getting tested. Not sure what to expect this year, practice/spring game is always brother vs brother- but maybe I will just see more size, more burst, more execution, more talent.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To be fair, the team played with a lot of energy all year and never seemed to quit especially under Spanos. I think Mora's attitude will just amplify that this year.
The coaches were very approachable at the event last week. My buddy went up to Coach Spanos and told him he appreciated the way he kept the team together all season. First thing Spanos said is that they "were a good bunch of guys". Some coachspeak? I suppose. But stuff like this gets me thinking we aren't starting from square 1.

Reaction Score
The coaches were very approachable at the event last week. My buddy went up to Coach Spanos and told him he appreciated the way he kept the team together all season. First thing Spanos said is that they "were a good bunch of guys". Some coachspeak? I suppose. But stuff like this gets me thinking we aren't starting from square 1.
What I've like the most about Mora so far is he's really engaged the community. He's out there saying "hello", shaking hands and smiling, speaking at basketball games, talking to the media (all of it not just the big boys) and just all around making it feel like the narrative has completely changed on the program. I honestly think we see results sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
It's really gonna come down to how creative and unpredictable the offense can be. With Edsall opposing teams would just load up knowing what was coming next. Some may say it was a lack of talent or beef upfront but the rare times they tried something different more than not they were successful. Just not enough of it.

Reaction Score
It's really gonna come down to how creative and unpredictable the offense can be. With Edsall opposing teams would just load up knowing what was coming next. Some may say it was a lack of talent or beef upfront but the rare times they tried something different more than not they were successful. Just not enough of it.
When Mazzone was helping out, we saw how much the offense was moving and we were putting much more points. I don’t expect the players to learn a new playbook in one season, but it seems like after Mazzone left they went back to a much more simplistic playbook than before.

Reaction Score
Any chance you can post the roll call, Medic? Left to right, not including the little heads in the back.
Best guess (not including first “little head” on far left): DL Kevon Jones, LB Justin Bryant (second “little head”), WR Cam Ross, RB Robert Burns, LB Marquez Bambry, WR Nigel Fitzgerald, LB Ian Swenson, OL Valentine Senn, OL Christian Haynes, OL Noel Ofori-Nyadu and OL Tres Barboza.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The youth of the assistant coaches really helps infuse some energy in this program. The social media helps as well but just watching these clips it feels like the staff just gets how to work with players these days.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at that signing event last month explaining Mora to my BB buddy who doesn't follow FB. "Here's the thing, this guy wanted this job. He sought it out." I was talking a bit loud so he could hear me over the din and I noticed a man behind my buddy raise his eyes and nod when I said what I said. The young fella was later introduced as an assistant coach. My point is going to these games is part of the job that the coach willing signed up to. And I'm thinking it's a very enjoyable part of the job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is Coach's twitter banner:

1646763767084.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member