2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time* | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Blue/White Showcase Info (Friday April 22nd @ 7:00) *Updated Day/Time*

Reaction Score
I hope Roberson figures it out, but I told you guys he might not be all that. At least we have Puma and Zion Turner coming in or back to full health.

Reaction Score
I hope Roberson figures it out, but I told you guys he might not be all that. At least we have Puma and Zion Turner coming in or back to full health.
The QB situation will be okay. We finally have some depth. And if the worst we can do is an improved Steven Krajewski behind a modestly better offensive line the step up in talent of our receiving corps and our running backs should make us competent on offense. But there are other quarterbacks yet to be heard from.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably should have walked away after the NEWBIE decision
Fetch Mean Girls GIF by Paramount Movies

Reaction Score
I wasn’t there but I heard that he played better later and has a huge arm. As to the bungled snap, my friend who coaches high school oline Says lt is always the quarterback’s fault. Tom Brady says it is always the center’s fault. :D

Reaction Score
How about Langston Hardy? Was hoping to hear some good things about him.
It was very hard to evaluate any of the players other than watching the quarterbacks throw the football because of the format ( two hand touch) and the lack of a bird's eye view that you can get at the Rent ( I was barely higher than the playing field and was blocked out of seeing what was really happening on a lot of plays). This was not an event for the hard core fans.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Steve looked the best out of the quarterbacks during the scrimmage.
I like the depth at wide receiver and the three running backs looked solid. With Brewton, Knight and Carter the backs look good.

I couldn't say much about the lines but they had there moments on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
While I hope Roberson, Turner and Millen are great options for us, Krajewski and Tyler P have plenty of potential. With a competent staff, particularly at OC, I’m not worried that there isn’t a QB on this roster. I am fairly certain there is.

CLAS92

Muttley
Reaction Score
Well…this to me is the first negative in the Mora era. Certainly not a huge deal but I think they should be playing something resembling a game. I will reserve judgment until after but the open practices in the past while interesting are not very entertaining. As fans we like to see who makes plays in a game setting. don’t care about an entertaining spring game, I‘m more interested in what Mora can do to
I don‘t give a flying flip about an entertaining spring game, I’m more concerned about what Mora can do to get our program back on track. Give the guy a chance, for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
Where was Marcus Bembry, the Kentucky transfer? Saw he was quoted in a recent article with some very positive comments about team and Mora, yet I didn’t see #11 on Friday night.
I didn’t catch him on the field but there were a few guys that weren’t dressed on Friday night and blended in on the sidelines… Kevon Jones was out w/ the flu, Nick Harris and Chase Lundt weren’t dressed either.

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to attend the event, but from all the highlights. Nigel Fitzgerald looks like he is going to be an absolute force on in the redzone.

Reaction Score
Well…this to me is the first negative in the Mora era. Certainly not a huge deal but I think they should be playing something resembling a game. I will reserve judgment until after but the open practices in the past while interesting are not very entertaining. As fans we like to see who makes plays in a game setting.
Until they get the Athetic Department deficit down, I doubt that you will see any blue white games at the Rent. The new hockey barn is gonna help with that too. Those venues in Hartford/East Hartford are expensive to operate.

Reaction Score
Until they get the Athetic Department deficit down, I doubt that you will see any blue white games at the Rent. The new hockey barn is gonna help with that too. Those venues in Hartford/East Hartford are expensive to operate.
Don't they just "rent" the space though. So the operating fees aren't even UConn's responsibility.

Reaction Score
After Friday night one player I continue to be more and more excited about is Jackson Mitchell. He didn't get to put his tackling on display, however, his motor is incredible. It seemed like every play he was one of the first to get to the ball carrier. He just looks like a true captain on the field both verbally and physically. Really excited to watch him this season.

Reaction Score
After Friday night one player I continue to be more and more excited about is Jackson Mitchell. He didn't get to put his tackling on display, however, his motor is incredible. It seemed like every play he was one of the first to get to the ball carrier. He just looks like a true captain on the field both verbally and physically. Really excited to watch him this season.
I believed him and Durante Jones were very happy about Spanos being brought back this year too. Mitchell is only going to get better and Rante is and will be our best DB until he graduates.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believed him and Durante Jones were very happy about Spanos being brought back this year too.
At the BB game meet and greet, my brother was talking with Spanos and said, "I appreciate the way you kept the team together after the head coach left." That alone surprised me because my bro isn't one for happy talk, even when sincere like here. Coach immediately says, "They are a great bunch of guys".

I understand coachspeak but it looks like there is real mutual respect here. The guys are buying in to the staff and I get the feeling the staff is up for the challenge. Of course it needs to translate to the field but so much of this game is player buy-in it makes me optimistic.

Reaction Score
At the BB game meet and greet, my brother was talking with Spanos and said, "I appreciate the way you kept the team together after the head coach left." That alone surprised me because my bro isn't one for happy talk, even when sincere like here. Coach immediately says, "They are a great bunch of guys".

I understand coachspeak but it looks like there is real mutual respect here. The guys are buying in to the staff and I get the feeling the staff is up for the challenge. Of course it needs to translate to the field but so much of this game is player buy-in it makes me optimistic.
The team really responded to Spanos's energy and Mitchell pretty much credits his success to him. I have a very good feeling the defense is going to be very good this year. I mean look at last year, they were able to play with every single team they played including Clemson. Problem was they got gassed because the offense was so stagnant. If the offense moves the ball and chews up some clock, defense is keeping us in games the majority of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom