2022 Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

2022 Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
The only thing I will add is that at this point last year we had no idea that Castle would such a good defender. Somebody will emerge. Maybe not Castle or Jackson good but pretty good.

Reaction Score
22-23 Andre Jackson mix
23-24 Stephon Castle mix

IMG_4280.jpeg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Liam McNeeley on the wing but he’ll be much more involved in set plays than Steph. I’m not sold there will be that much of a drop off in defense either. Castle‘s biggest asset was his size and build, something Liam also has. Castle wasn’t known as a lock down defender coming out either. Defense is more about effort and all three have that.

Reaction Score
Liam McNeeley on the wing but he’ll be much more involved in set plays than Steph. I’m not sold there will be that much of a drop off in defense either. Castle‘s biggest asset was his size and build, something Liam also has. Castle wasn’t known as a lock down defender coming out either. Defense is more about effort and all three have that.
Castle had the quickness to stay in front of his man, the length to bother smaller guards on drives, or post ups, and an uncanny ability to stay on the floor and not go for shot fakes, like at all, ever. Guys would drive or attempt to post up in the lane and make move after move and everytime, Castle would be in front of them hands up and they'd end up passing back out to the perimeter.

Reaction Score
The beauty of Hurley's adaptability is you don't require 1 for 1 replacements for the system to work.

Yes, Castle was pretty close to a direct replacement (and arguably an upgrade) over Andre Jackson.

But Spencer was a significantly different player than Hawkins and integrated seamlessly, was an even more impactful all-around player despite a lower athletic ceiling.

I suspect Hurley will adapt to having a different type of player at the 3 this year, with a combination of McNeeley, Stewart, and even Ball in a small lineup.

Reaction Score
Few ways to spin this.

Starting 3-man? Solo

Defensive stopper on the perimeter? Hass

Candidate for dunk of the year? Johnson

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Stewie can be that guy with another year of muscle and development under this coaching staff. My lasting image of him last year is standing underneath the hoop crouched like a cheetah after a block hungry for another one.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It seems we have a rookie 6-7 defender (Abraham) that is supposed to be a lockdown defender per numerous quotes on this board. Same with Nowell. If that be the case we are probably going to see these guys quite a bit if we know DH. I'm looking forward to this as well as the other guys who may be more offensive (at this stage of their career). Overpowering depth and defense along with all the sophistication in our offense is a proven back breaker in our recent past. The amazing thing is the multi-dimensional nature of our offense in either half court or transition will wear out opponents. Add the depth of our bench/defenders (and athletic ability) and you have another potential juggernaut for next year. Let the games begin!

Reaction Score
It seems we have a rookie 6-7 defender (Abraham) that is supposed to be a lockdown defender per numerous quotes on this board. Same with Nowell. If that be the case we are probably going to see these guys quite a bit if we know DH. I'm looking forward to this as well as the other guys who may be more offensive (at this stage of their career). Overpowering depth and defense along with all the sophistication in our offense is a proven back breaker in our recent past. The amazing thing is the multi-dimensional nature of our offense in either half court or transition will wear out opponents. Add the depth of our bench/defenders (and athletic ability) and you have another potential juggernaut for next year. Let the games begin!
You see, this is an interesting take. If 2 of our best 3 defenders next year are freshmen, that will absolutely impact playing time. And it will make us so much better even if Alex doesn’t return.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom