2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Why is a “College Football” transfer portal Twitter page reporting on Women’s College Basketball? :confused:

I’ll wait until Betts posts it herself or one of the more credible sources posts it on their page.

Reaction Score
She will prob head back up west. Kim has struck out on these caliber of transfers too often
You mean Stanford? They really need a top playmaker, but they don’t take a lot of transfers. If they surprised everyone and took her, Hailey Van Lith would vault them back into contention

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If Hailey Van Lith is truly visiting LSU, then let's just wipe out distance/travel being the reason she left Louisville, and an important factor in her new school. While it might be a single reason, wouldn't make sense that it was the main reason.

Reaction Score
Why is a “College Football” transfer portal Twitter page reporting on Women’s College Basketball? :confused:

I’ll wait until Betts posts it herself or one of the more credible sources posts it on their page.
The proof is in the pudding, has been since it was initially announced that she was entering the portal.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, UCLA is a good result for Betts -- if this report is reliable -- and for WCBB. It would elevate UCLA's status right away, but it wouldn't result in an over-concentration of talent. For her, it would mean she'd be the starter right away, and Bessoir would move over to the 4. She'd have an excellent backcourt to get her the ball and get out in transition from her rebounds and blocks.The only question would be how long it takes her to get into the shape required to play 30+ mins/g.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
UCLA has been my prediction based solely on her Instagram followers/followings several days ago.
I think UCLA makes a lot of sense for her along several dimensions: High-academic school; LA media market; B10 milieu; good young PG to feed her. Probably others.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I had started to get the feeling that UCLA was most likely. One of the ND beat reporters wrote yesterday "it appears Betts wants to stay out west".

That's incredibly vague but it got me thinking about location preferences. One of the articles written after her commitment feature quotes from Lauren about how nice it was that Stanford was just a short flight from Colorado for her parents.

Colorado to LA? Easy enough. Colorado to South Bend or Iowa City? Not as easy.

Reaction Score
Is Kyra Elzy going to land anyone this off-season? Kentucky has only one proven player on their roster for next season (Scherr) and only brought in one 4* recruit for ‘23.

I expected so much more from her, but coming off a dead last SEC finish and no substantial additions so far the writing is on the wall imo.

Reaction Score
I think UCLA makes a lot of sense for her along several dimensions: High-academic school; LA media market; B10 milieu; good young PG to feed her. Probably others.
So UCLA will have the #1 and #2 players in the class of 2022. They'll be adding Kiki Rice Sidwell Friends teammate Kendall Dudley in 2024. The Big 10 just got that much tougher to win in WCBB.

Reaction Score
I had started to get the feeling that UCLA was most likely. One of the ND beat reporters wrote yesterday "it appears Betts wants to stay out west".

That's incredibly vague but it got me thinking about location preferences. One of the articles written after her commitment feature quotes from Lauren about how nice it was that Stanford was just a short flight from Colorado for her parents.

Colorado to LA? Easy enough. Colorado to South Bend or Iowa City? Not as easy.
Actually Iowa City about 260 miles closer to Aurora than Westwood. Way more flights to LA area though.

If her sister potentially headed to UCLA much better logistically for their family than Iowa.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Actually Iowa City about 260 miles closer to Aurora than Westwood. Way more flights to LA area though.

If her sister potentially headed to UCLA much better logistically for their family than Iowa.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Iowa is closer as the crow flies but maybe more difficult logistically.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Iowa is closer as the crow flies but maybe more difficult logistically.
Iowa City actually is pretty easy from Denver. Multiple airlines have directs flights between Denver-Cedar Rapids, and it's a half hour drive from Cedar Rapids to Iowa City.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Iowa City actually is pretty easy from Denver. Multiple airlines have directs flights between Denver-Cedar Rapids, and it's a half hour drive from Cedar Rapids to Iowa City.
Well then she just didn't want to be a Hawkeye :p

I need to cling to the idea that she would have come to ND but for the location, lol

Reaction Score
As rumored..

I like it as a bball fan. I feel like they are a perimeter shooter (or 2) away from being legit championship contenders. Even without one they probably are that. I do think she has a bit to prove, that she is a true difference maker on this level. But I think she's talented. I also really like Dugalic so they have a solid big rotation if healthy.
I still think the Pac-12 next season is a monster, and that Stanford still probably has the best player.
I did like the ND fit a bit more from a basketball standpoint, just because O Miles is more of a facilitator and they have more outside shooting.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I like it as a bball fan. I feel like they are a perimeter shooter (or 2) away from being legit championship contenders. Even without one they probably are that. I do think she has a bit to prove, that she is a true difference maker on this level. But I think she's talented. I also really like Dugalic so they have a solid big rotation if healthy.
I still think the Pac-12 next season is a monster, and that Stanford still probably has the best player.
I did like the ND fit a bit more from a basketball standpoint, just because O Miles is more of a facilitator and they have more outside shooting.
Talent wise--yes. Coaching ability remains to be seen. It's Final Four or bust in Westwood in the next 2-3 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What other post players does UCLA have on its roster for next season? How long before vultures fans start stalking their social media accounts?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
What other post players does UCLA have on its roster for next season? How long before vultures fans start stalking their social media accounts?
Emily Bessoir-returning starter, averaged 9.4 ppg, 6-4, takes over 50% of her shots from 3.
Angela Dugalic-had a productive first year at Oregon, has been injured much of the last 2 years

Those 2 with Betts would make up a nice front court trio.

Reaction Score
Emily Bessoir-returning starter, averaged 9.4 ppg, 6-4, takes over 50% of her shots from 3.
Angela Dugalic-had a productive first year at Oregon, has been injured much of the last 2 years

There is also the girl who played in the McD AA game. Muse? She looked very good in that game.

Reaction Score

It’s true. Last year, UCLA was little more than two great PGs and a bunch of wings struggling to play the 4 next to Bessoir who seems like a natural 4 stuck trying to play the 5. Betts rebalances all of that for them. Now they have a solid 5 and Bessoir can play the 4 next to her and all those wings can just play their natural positions.

Reaction Score
It’s true. Last year, UCLA was little more than two great PGs and a bunch of wings struggling to play the 4 next to Bessoir who seems like a natural 4 stuck trying to play the 5. Betts rebalances all of that for them. Now they have a solid 5 and Bessoir can play the 4 next to her and all those wings can just play their natural positions.
Maybe a little over exuberant again. ;) Osborne: 38 FG%- 29 3PT%- 2.8 APG. Rice: 41%- 21%- 3 APG. That's 5.8 APG combined for 2 GREAT PGs. Although they did look good dribbling around the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Maybe a little over exuberant again. ;) Osborne: 38 FG%- 29 3PT%- 2.8 APG. Rice: 41%- 21%- 3 APG. That's 5.8 APG combined for 2 GREAT PGs. Although they did look good dribbling around the perimeter.
Yea I was disappointed with UCLA's backcourt for much of the season. They looked like they should be much better than they were. It was odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom