2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
So much for that legacy tie-in:

That's 3 less kids (Guy, Davis, & this kid) to put our attention on. Wish them the best. Now, onto kids that still have us in the mix

Reaction Score

David Adewale is a 6-3 245lb DE from The Bolles School in Jacksonville Florida. Other offers from Air Force, Army, Brown, Bucknell, Campbell, Chattanooga, Dartmouth, EKU, Furman, Holy Cross, Morehead State, Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee State, Wofford and Yale.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Shawqi Itraish is a 6-3 190lb QB from Braden River High School in Bradenton Florida. Other offers from Alabama-Birmingham, AppState, Brown, Buffalo, Columbia, Dartmouth, Fordham, Furman, Harvard, Kent State, Mercer, Northern Iowa, Penn, Rice, South Dakota, Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee State, Western Carolina and WKU.

Highlights

Reaction Score

‪Joshua Moore is a 6-3 190lb DB/WR from the Marist School in Atlanta Georgia‬. Other offers from Colorado, Duke, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Iowa State, Kent State, Louisiana, Louisville, Michigan State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Penn, Pitt, Princeton, Syracuse, Tennessee State, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wake Forest, WKU, Yale and BC.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Laron Davis is 6-3 280lb DL from Mainland High School in Daytona Beach Florida. Other offers from Austin Peay, Campbell, Chattanooga, Coastal Carolina, EKU, ETSU, FIU, Grambling State, Kansas, Tennessee-Martin, Tennessee State and Troy.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy has realized you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Really rolling out the offers- truthfully I am curious what has changed.

Reaction Score
Randy has realized you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Really rolling out the offers- truthfully I am curious what has changed.
He kinda burned a bridge to transfers coming in (not Jucos, but others like grad transfers with his statement) so maybe he's focusing a little harder on HS/Prep School kids

PWS

Reaction Score

It seems with the rapid fire approach that he is now going through the phone book. I agree that it can‘t hurt, but it is way different than previous years, particularly prior to a camp or any in person contact. I h no idea what other schools do, but I suspect the buckshot approach is most prevalent. Time will tell. Makes it harder for Medic to keep up.

Reaction Score
It seems with the rapid fire approach that he is now going through the phone book. I agree that it can‘t hurt, but it is way different than previous years, particularly prior to a camp or any in person contact. I h no idea what other schools do, but I suspect the buckshot approach is most prevalent. Time will tell. Makes it harder for Medic to keep up.
I think there is a realization that there may not be any camps for recruits this summer due to the virus so you need to take a different approach to recruiting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think there is a realization that there may not be any camps for recruits this summer due to the virus so you need to take a different approach to recruiting.
Well that is probably right, although the guys we are offering seem to be a 1/2 step above the guys it seems normally camp with us and guys that are a little far from us to be part of or usual camp crowd ...not that either of these differences is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well that is probably right, although the guys we are offering seem to be a 1/2 step above the guys it seems normally camp with us and guys that are a little far from us to be part of or usual camp crowd ...not that either of these differences is a bad thing.
You can’t uncover diamonds in the rough unless you can see them. The diamond recruiting will have to come later.

Reaction Score
Maybe begs for it’s own thread, but interested to see how this years recruiting plays out.

negatives
1st year as an indy
Persistent bad perf on field
No camp, maybe
Why commit early here

positives
Less camps/7-7s, etc for kids to show
Throwback to recruiting a decade ago where u could rely on relationships and film
Better schedule

no idea what plan is amongst staff. My sense is we will need to wait longer to garner recruits, but that we may be able to grab more diamonds as P5 schools adjust their approach.

Reaction Score
Maybe begs for it’s own thread, but interested to see how this years recruiting plays out.

negatives
1st year as an indy
Persistent bad perf on field
No camp, maybe
Why commit early here

positives
Less camps/7-7s, etc for kids to show
Throwback to recruiting a decade ago where u could rely on relationships and film
Better schedule

no idea what plan is amongst staff. My sense is we will need to wait longer to garner recruits, but that we may be able to grab more diamonds as P5 schools adjust their approach.
In years past - first commits usually flow in June so that would be the first barometer...

To your point on summer camps...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom