2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Georgia is a solid state to recruit in for all kinds of players, while I love Florida more for skill position players.
UConn just needs players no matter where they come from

Reaction Score
I ran across this today regarding Jonathan Sénécal. His knee injury was an ACL. I’m not sure he has had surgery yet. I need to work on translating another article I ran across.

008.jpg

Reaction Score
I ran across this today regarding Jonathan Sénécal. His knee injury was an ACL. I’m not sure he has had surgery yet. I need to work on translating another article I ran across.

008.jpg

As mentioned... word for word translation is a hoot: Changement de programme à André-Grasset

>>The news was announced to players on September 3, at the beginning of the week of practice, for the third week of activities. Verdict: anterior cruciate ligament torn to the left knee. The season of Sénécal, whose destiny was to pulverize the records of the division this season, came to the end of officially ending.

"Everyone will have to do more to compensate. He was not only the MVP of the league last year, but also one of the best quarterbacks who played college in the past 25 years, "said Phoenix coach Tony Iadeluca.

"He was at a level where he understands the game exceptionally," he says. We will not have had the chance to see how good he is. "

The many records that Sénécal intended to drop this fall will therefore remain untouched. An incoming call from the United States brought a balm after he learned abruptly that his college stay was over.

"UConn's head coach [Randy Edsall] called him and said it would not change his purse. [Jonathan] was worried about that, but the head coach told him there was no concern and he would welcome him as planned in January, "says Iadeluca, slipping Sénécal will gravitate around the team, including being present among the coaching staff posted in the stands during the match.<<

Reaction Score
Je t'aime les quarterbacks Quebecois beaucoup!

With this knee injury, I could see Senecal redshirting next season, with Beaudry/Krajewski/Leon assuming back up responsibilites to Zergiotis. If it shakes out that way, it's conceivable that the UConn QB position for the next 6 years will be occupied by Quebecois.

Reaction Score
Je t'aime les quarterbacks Quebecois beaucoup!

With this knee injury, I could see Senecal redshirting next season, with Beaudry/Krajewski/Leon assuming back up responsibilites to Zergiotis. If it shakes out that way, it's conceivable that the UConn QB position for the next 6 years will be occupied by Quebecois.

C'est écrit donc ça doit être fait.

Reaction Score
I know up to this point they've been used exclusively for commits, but do you think maybe this may be alluding to some scheduling news as well?

Reaction Score
I counted 3 Husky bat signals over the past few days. We know Nate Carter is more than likely one of them. Any fliers on another? Here's one from me. DE Tyrese Powe out of Texas. He's 6'1/6'2 ish 230 plus lbs...

Reaction Score
I counted 3 Husky bat signals over the past few days. We know Nate Carter is more than likely one of them. Any fliers on another? Here's one from me. DE Tyrese Powe out of Texas. He's 6'1/6'2 ish 230 plus lbs...

Jarren Horton was up recruiting a few miles away last week so your guess is as good as any...

Reaction Score

Ruelas is a from Hall High School in West Hartford. Mike Z, Eddie Allen and Corey Edsall have been following for awhile. No longer under the radar.

After breaking the state record with a 56-yard field goal, this Connecticut high school kicker is getting some additional college interest

>>Ruelas has provided the Warriors with something few high school football teams in Connecticut have: a consistent field goal kicker. Most teams have someone that can kick an extra point when called upon. Some have a player that can get the ball between the uprights from 20-to-30 yards out. Few have one that can hit from 40-plus.

No one has had a kicker that can drill a field goal from 56 yards out.“He is a weapon,” Robinson said. “With a typical high school kicker, you wouldn’t be able to get those points.”

Since “the kick” last Friday, he’s already had several colleges reach out, including UConn, Central Connecticut, Bowdoin and Merrimack. Colorado showed some interest when he went to one of the school’s camps.

Kicking at the Division I level is his goal. For now, he’s just focusing on kicking for his high school team and maybe breaking his own record.<<

Reaction Score
I saw a kid from Derby HS kick a 50 yard FG in about 1973 against Shelton. Think he was from Ecuador. Before that, I had never seen a HS game try a FG kick more than 25. Rarely have I heard of serious kicking games before college. Kids good ... but this is a credit to the coach & LS & holder too

Reaction Score
KO had a kicker who could consistently nail kicks over 50. He was heavily recruited. But he wanted to play WR and went to Trinity Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom