2019 Roster is up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Roster is up

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Josh Carlton at 265lbs is insane. That's 30 pounds heavier than last year! Is that too much weight?

Akok at 195 is disappointing but it's been pretty apparent that he's put a lot of work in. Feel like he is the biggest question mark going in to next year. Would love to see him have a great year.

Yeah, I don't like Carlton at that weight. Fortunately, speed and explosion weren't the keys to his success but I have a hard time believing 30 extra lbs won't affect his endurance.

Reaction Score
Josh Carlton at 265lbs is insane. That's 30 pounds heavier than last year! Is that too much weight?

Akok at 195 is disappointing but it's been pretty apparent that he's put a lot of work in. Feel like he is the biggest question mark going in to next year. Would love to see him have a great year.
Disappointing might be a bit strong. Not too many guys look less able to put on significant weight than Akok. Just a real skinny dude, it's in his genes. Doesn't mean he won't continue to put on some weight as he grows a bit older. Would love for him to get up to 200 by conference play.

Reaction Score
Disappointing might be a bit strong. Not too many guys look less able to put on significant weight than Akok. Just a real skinny dude, it's in his genes. Doesn't mean he won't continue to put on some weight as he grows a bit older. Would love for him to get up to 200 by conference play.
Totally understand. My reaction is based on previous reports which have indicated that he has been able to gain weight. Last month, the Courant had him up 6lbs. But at 195lbs, he's still the same weight he was coming out of high school. Some recruiting sites even had him listed at 200lbs prior to coming to UConn.

Courant: Akok Akok working quietly, diligently to improve his game for UConn men

Reaction Score
People sleeping on this kid. I expect him to be 210-15 when all is said and done and be one of the linebacker type guards that have always given us fits.

They are. He’s not as explosive but I think he can be as good as Rodney Purvis eventually. Coming off the bench or as a role player, that is dangerous.

Reaction Score
And Jordan was 195 lbs. Let's not compare Akok to the best players ever.
I wasn't comparing him to Jordan....just making a point that even at 200 he can be effective if he is good enough

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Notice how we don’t have any recycled/ castaways from other programs on this roster. Gradual improvement.

No transfers isn’t necessarily a sign of improvement...

Reaction Score
Totally understand. My reaction is based on previous reports which have indicated that he has been able to gain weight. Last month, the Courant had him up 6lbs. But at 195lbs, he's still the same weight he was coming out of high school. Some recruiting sites even had him listed at 200lbs prior to coming to UConn.

Courant: Akok Akok working quietly, diligently to improve his game for UConn men

He was not 195 when he got here. I don't remember exactly but it was closer to 185. His mobility and conditioning should be just as improved

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are. He’s not as explosive but I think he can be as good as Rodney Purvis eventually. Coming off the bench or as a role player, that is dangerous.

It's the change of pace and ability to match up. Too often we've watched big, physical guards abuse our guys.

@DonaldDraper I think he's going to be a plus defender and will be able to post smaller guards. In a more aggressive, pressing defense we will need to shuffle guys in and out and he's a guy who adds great flexibility. Can guard 1-2-3 as a combo guard.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score

Insane! When I saw 265 I was in awe, very excited to see some josh carlton this year

Reaction Score
He was not 195 when he got here. I don't remember exactly but it was closer to 185. His mobility and conditioning should be just as improved
Makes sense! Like I said in my initial post, it's obvious he has put the work in with Sal. Really looking forward to seeing him play.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
No transfers isn’t necessarily a sign of improvement...
At this moment, with a new coaching staff and
A move back to the Big East next year, I think it’s best that Polley, Sid , the freshman guards,
Etc. play. They need to play and a one year grad transfer would get in the way. Kinda pointless. This roster signifies a cleansing and a reset for the program. The best of the old regime and the founding Hurley era recruits combined.

Reaction Score
No jersey # for Cole?

With 12 scholies on the books, any room left for that center?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Muscle weighs more than fat. Josh at 265 is excellent, he should be able to absolutely bully people this year.

Reaction Score
Muscle weighs more than fat. Josh at 265 is excellent, he should be able to absolutely bully people this year.

265 is almost hard to believe. But I can't see why they would lie, tbh. If they were going to, around 250 seems like the number. So it must be correct?

Josh is changing his basketball future with this transformation.

Reaction Score
265 is almost hard to believe. But I can't see why they would lie, tbh. If they were going to, around 250 seems like the number. So it must be correct?

Josh is changing his basketball future with this transformation.

At 6’10 not sure why they would lie. A lot of muscle they put on is in their core, mainly their legs. I’m sure it’s pretty accurate.

I agree he is definitely changing his future with his transition!

Reaction Score

He also grew an inch according to the roster.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
For record, from last year to this year:
CV +10 lbs
Gilbert +5
Whaley +15
Adams +4
Polley No Change (why not?)
Sid +8
Carlton +30 (and +1 inch)

Overall an extra 72lbs - hopefully that's an additional 100 lbs of muscle and 28 lbs less fat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom