2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I was wondering if anyone can share any insight on how coaches deal with these athletes who commit and decommit? It must be a logistical nightmare right? Do the coaches just recruit every single position need continuously whether or not a kid is said to commit until they each sign on the dotted line?

Reaction Score
I was wondering if anyone can share any insight on how coaches deal with these athletes who commit and decommit? It must be a logistical nightmare right? Do the coaches just recruit every single position need continuously whether or not a kid is said to commit until they each sign on the dotted line?

From my limited understanding you don't really count a kid as committed until the signature comes through. That's why you see some surprise commits on NSD.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From RI to GA. The biggest recruit in New England heads south.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From my longer term understanding of UConn and other schools, you don't really count a kid as committed until the signature's dry, the kid shows up on campus, practices several weeks, he arrives at a stadium on game day, and actually plays in a game. That's what happens after you see some surprise commits and experience surprise departures, e.g., projected 2001 returning starting QB who no-showed (name?) leading to Keron Henry starting before his injury led to DO starting as a freshman. ;)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
From my longer term understanding of UConn and other schools, you don't really count a kid as committed until the signature's dry, the kid shows up on campus, practices several weeks, he arrives at a stadium on game day, and actually plays in a game. That's what happens after you see some surprise commits and experience surprise departures, e.g., projected 2001 returning starting QB who no-showed (name?) leading to Keron Henry starting before his injury led to DO starting as a freshman. ;)

Ryan Tracey.

Reaction Score

He didn't no show he blew out his knee the season before and lost confidence after a bad scrimmage in fall camp, decided he didn't want to take a chance of injuring himself further, told Edsall and left. I really liked Tracey's style of play definitely one of the forgotten decent JUCO players we have had.

Reaction Score
Looks like we have made a new offer: DJ Green, a CB/RB from Wharton High School in Tampa FL. He has a slew of G4 offers, we are his first P6 offer.

Dj “breezy” Green on Hudl

DJ Green holds other offers from Austin Peay, Bethune-Cookman, Charlotte, Eastern Illinois, EKU, Elon, Fordham, Idaho, Illinois State, Jacksonville State, Louisiana Tech Miami (OH), Norfolk State
North Texas, Ohio, Rice, South Dakota State, SE Missouri State, UTEP, UT-Chattanooga, VMI, Weber State, Western Carolina, West Florida and Western Illinois

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cross another one off. Pitt about to fill its class by 8/1.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
HCRE used to say that a commitment meant the recruit was leaning your way until signing day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and it looks like Chayce Chalmers has committed to Virginia...

Reaction Score
as of 10 minutes ago.... looks like Nick Gallo to Virginia Tech...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom