2019 Lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Lineup

Reaction Score
I’m not sure where Liv stands in terms of post-surgery recovery, but she played the full season and is dunking, so she must be close to 100%. She’s is agile and mobile (I don’t think she’s hostile), so I think her conditioning will be good. I agree, though, that Liv could use more bulk and strength. Let her hang out in the weight room with Crystal for a while, and she’ll be fine. I think Boston, Amihere, and Ezi all look stronger than Liv—as of now.
Good thing she doesn't want to be a Titan.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I’m not sure where Liv stands in terms of post-surgery recovery, but she played the full season and is dunking, so she must be close to 100%. She’s is agile and mobile (I don’t think she’s hostile), so I think her conditioning will be good. I agree, though, that Liv could use more bulk and strength. Let her hang out in the weight room with Crystal for a while, and she’ll be fine. I think Boston, Amihere, and Ezi all look stronger than Liv—as of now.
From experience I've found after any knee surgery it's not straight ahead speed and agility, it's side to side and cutting that are issues. Issues that takes more than a few months to regain. As I've been led to understand it's atrophy of the muscles that control those moves that's the culprit. Also because she was sidelined for some period of time conditioning becomes something that takes awhile to regain. UConn conditioning is then another level. I could and hope to be wrong, but I think those two things, strength and conditioning, will be her initial hurdles before she becomes ready for major UConn minutes.

Also I think Ezi's competition has been a level above ONO's HS experiences and this will also be a factor that will push her to getting more minutes initially than ONO.

But hey, whether I'm right or wrong these will be amazing problems for Geno to have.

Reaction Score
Don't they have to get a couple of those players before they're in the lineup? ;)
Yeah, really. The chickens have not even been conceived yet, never mind hatched.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't want to go too OT here, but it seems we're well into the era of the unicorn BB player. Players that have a guards handle, can work on the perimeter, have unbelievable speed and athleticism, work the paint, and jump out of the gym. The Association has any number of these players from Towns, Davis, Porzingis, and Antetokounmpo to others. Now in the women's game we have Gabby, Amihere, ONO and others, with Ezi perhaps the one with the most potential. Interesting times y'all. Now if it's my fault that this gets too OT, let's just police ourselves and stop. Moderators, just blame me.

Reaction Score
Don't forget how thin Stewie was as a freshman and was still effective but her body changed. Stef Dolson was on the opposite spectrum and she changed her body too. Happens to most bigs. Takes a bit longer for their bodies to get to the right place but they do. Ono did really well in FIBA against these players....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From experience I've found after any knee surgery it's not straight ahead speed and agility, it's side to side and cutting that are issues. Issues that takes more than a few months to regain. As I've been led to understand it's atrophy of the muscles that control those moves that's the culprit. Also because she was sidelined for some period of time conditioning becomes something that takes awhile to regain. UConn conditioning is then another level. I could and hope to be wrong, but I think those two things, strength and conditioning, will be her initial hurdles before she becomes ready for major UConn minutes.

Also I think Ezi's competition has been a level above ONO's HS experiences and this will also be a factor that will push her to getting more minutes initially than ONO.

But hey, whether I'm right or wrong these will be amazing problems for Geno to have.

Jordy, I wish every BY women's poster could read this post. I think its right down the middle of the plate. I would hope that our fellow fans can take this into account if ONO doesn't meet or exceed their expectations her first year. She may need her entire freshman year to adjust mentality and physically to play at UConn's high level.

I take Geno at his word when he says that he does not ever depend on freshmen to come in and help or be productive right away. If they do/can, great. In time, I think ONO will be great. Of all of the recruits UConn coveted in this class, ONO was the one I really wanted them to land. I'm expecting our current freshmen and sophomores to step up, perform and produce as needed and expected. They were recruited for a reason. The staff thought they were UConn material, it's time they begin to live up to those expectations. They've had enough time to adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
@Tonyc is the voice of incredible optimism. @MilfordHusky is the voice of reason.

While I love Tony's optimistic view, I realize that kids can change their minds, Geno can change his focus, and nothing is ever going to be exactly as we expected. UCONN is the best ticket in town. Both for recruits and for fans. I fully expect Magbegor to be suiting up for UCONN next fall.

As for 2019, I have no idea. Amihere and Boston from that class are intriguing. Boston a more physical powerful center, Amihere a lithe, athletic forward. Jones more a combo of Williams and Walker. Would love to land all 3. If Brunelle favors ND as we've heard, the aforementioned trio would be a thrilling class.

We do have enough guards for the next few years BUT if Geno does not land a PG out of 2019, )and it looks so far like he's not zeroing in on anyone), then if he lands Van Lith or Buekers (or both) out of 2020, that's super great. However, with Crystal gone, either one of them is the starting PG, or Williams, or Coombs. I have a good feeling that both Walker and Coombs will have a very solid sophomore leap so I'm not worried if Coombs becomes the starting PG in November 2020. Add in Brink and/or Kylee Watson from that class and BAM. The continued run of UCONN dominance will go on and on and on.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Im hearing shes heavy into ND.
w1sh0.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That's the lineup I had in mind.....With size , leadership , and experience.

Good, because that's the line up you're going to get. Z and Megan were the 6th and 7th man this year. What reserve is going to jump them?

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see those uconn possible players at the u17 World Cup in a few of months.
Brunelle, Bueckers, Boston, Fudd etc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see those uconn possible players at the u17 World Cup in a few of months.
Brunelle, Bueckers, Boston, Fudd etc.
Count on Amihere playing for the other guys, if she’s healthy.

Reaction Score
Uh....I'm just focused on THIS year's team and their current journey to a championship.

Reaction Score
Jordy, I wish every BY women's poster could read this post. I think its right down the middle of the plate. I would hope that our fellow fans can take this into account if ONO doesn't meet or exceed their expectations her first year. She may need her entire freshman year to adjust mentality and physically to play at UConn's high level.

I take Geno at his word when he says that he does not ever depend on freshmen to come in and help or be productive right away. If they do/can, great. In time, I think ONO will be great. Of all of the recruits UConn coveted in this class, ONO was the one I really wanted them to land. I'm expecting our current freshmen and sophomores to step up, perform and produce as needed and expected. They were recruited for a reason. The staff thought they were UConn material, it's time they begin to live up to those expectations. They've had enough time to adjust.
Jordy I like so much about your post until basically the last line. Sorry but the time each individual adjusts is not based on when you think they've had enough time. It's not even based upon what Geno or CD thinks.
I also think it's in almost direct contradiction to the realism and understanding of your first paragraph.
We are fortunate here that it almost always does happen for each and every player, except for a few. It may not happen for some of them for two or three years, or it might not meet your expectations or Genos or CD's or even the players themselves.
It surely is a nice wish for a big fan, coach, etc,.
But to use your own line, I hope the fellow fans can take this into account if ones expectations are not met, in the predetermined time frame or manner.
I don't mean this to be fresh or confrontational, just to do what you yourself were asking.
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom