2019 Lineup | The Boneyard

2019 Lineup

Reaction Score
Tony... Let us keep our eye on this ball. Let's think about next year's team after UC wins there 12th NC. As always, the cream will rise to the top. even if Geno has to force it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
ONO's sophomore leap will be so pronounced people will forget the slender weed that first hit campus. She'll start, not Amihere.
Call me crazy (again!) but I can see ONO pushing Azura for minutes as a freshmen because Azura's biggest weakness is ONO biggest strength and that is movement. ONO is constant movement both defensivelity and defensively. Movement is something that Z has struggled with in the UCONN offense.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Oops I ment starting lineup and I forgot ONO. The non starters are gonna be really good too. Im a little excited. Those of you who know me well, can read between the lines on the lineup. We will be tall long athletic and very very good.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Call me crazy (again!) but I can see ONO pushing Azura for minutes as a freshmen because Azura's biggest weakness is ONO biggest strength and that is movement. ONO is constant movement both defensivelity and defensively. Movement is something that Z has struggled with in the UCONN offensive.
You’re definitely crazy, but I like the thought. I’d be very happy if ONO develops into a solid front court reserve by mid season.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
So what happened to LOU and PHEESA? so this isn't next year's line up its the one after that?

Wowww let's just get thru 6 games first hahaha

Ur still awesome @Tonyc but ur a little too prognostic for me this time of year :cool:

Reaction Score
C Dangerfield
C Williams
M Walker
E Magbegor
L Amihere

Ezi and Lala look very promising as does UConn's future.
You are all dreaming unrealistic dreams. The starting 5 for the first real game ( ranked opponent ) will be:

1. Z
2. Walker
3. Pheessa
4. Samuelson
5. Dangerfield

There is simply no doubt about it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
C Dangerfield
C Williams
M Walker
E Magbegor
L Amihere

Tony, you're a an "OG" and a respected poster here in yard, but I think you're dreaming on this one. I agree with the poster that asked if they had to be on team first. You're right, the long time posters are reading between the lines.

Personally I would be ok with that lineup except for ONO. If Amihere and Magbegor decide to throw in with the Huskies, it will be business as usual for Geno and his charges in 2019. I also agree with CBear, this wish list is a bit premature. But it is fun to peek over the mountain top for a moment. Brunelle should also be on any UConn wish list.

Last edited by a moderator:

HGN

Reaction Score
You’re definitely crazy, but I like the thought. I’d be very happy if ONO develops into a solid front court reserve by mid season.
Oldude , ONO will develop into a solid front court player. Plus , I am sure by her sophomore year (Leap) she will have added strength and a few pounds.

Acura will start next season. But it will feel good knowing that the Huskies have at least ONO sitting on the bench. Hopefully alongside Ezi.

I am not counting Amihere because I haven't heard that much whether she has Uconn interest.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
C Dangerfield
C Williams
M Walker
E Magbegor
L Amihere

images

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Call me crazy (again!) but I can see ONO pushing Azura for minutes as a freshmen because Azura's biggest weakness is ONO biggest strength and that is movement. ONO is constant movement both defensivelity and defensively. Movement is something that Z has struggled with in the UCONN offensive.
I kinda like what you've said. I think ONO is going to have real problems with strength and conditioning putting her in Geno's early doghouse. Eventually she'll come around. When Ezi comes on board however (yes, when) she's going to surprise people with her inside strength even though she may appear slender. I think that's where the surprise will come from.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One key on these recruits is not to get too wrapped up in any one of them. If we look at Brunelle, Amihere, Jones, and Boston, for example, and we get “only” 2 or 3 of them, don’t be disappointed if we didn’t get the one you most favored.

Since I saw the pic of Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd in ND gear while in D.C. last month, I’ve been a little concerned. I hear that Bueckers likes UConn, but she may also like ND. If Brunelle is, in fact a ND lean, be prepared to possibly lose her. I sure as heck do not want to see that trio anywhere in Indiana!

I want Sam, but I also want Boston, Amihere, and Jones. If we get the last three only, it’s a phenomenal class. If we get any two of them, it’s still a great class. A little flexibility would serve us well here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an upsurge in 2019 verbals after the NCAA tourney. I hope we get Ezi and someone from 2019 before the summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I kinda like what you've said. I think ONO is going to have real problems with strength and conditioning putting her in Geno's early doghouse. Eventually she'll come around. When Ezi comes on board however (yes, when) she's going to surprise people with her inside strength even though she may appear slender. I think that's where the surprise will come from.
I’m not sure where Liv stands in terms of post-surgery recovery, but she played the full season and is dunking, so she must be close to 100%. She’s is agile and mobile (I don’t think she’s hostile), so I think her conditioning will be good. I agree, though, that Liv could use more bulk and strength. Let her hang out in the weight room with Crystal for a while, and she’ll be fine. I think Boston, Amihere, and Ezi all look stronger than Liv—as of now.

HGN

Reaction Score
You are all dreaming unrealistic dreams. The starting 5 for the first real game ( ranked opponent ) will be:

1. Z
2. Walker
3. Pheessa
4. Samuelson
5. Dangerfield

There is simply no doubt about it.
That's the lineup I had in mind.....With size , leadership , and experience.

Reaction Score
Tony, no attack here, just a thought. One, actually anyone would think Optimus Prime would start a thread like this in oh, say maybe May, June, July ??? ;)
OK I am mistaken somewhat as several are already on the topic.
Could just be me but I feel a bad synergy mojo of looking for next year's prom date before dancing with the one I'm going to the prom with. :D

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ruckerville, Virginia.
Ruckerville or Rucker"s"ville (without the quotes)? My ex wife's family is from Ruckersville and, in the 70s and 80s, owned a lot of businesses in downtown Ruckersville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom