2019 FIBA Americup | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2019 FIBA Americup

Reaction Score
I did a screen grab at half time of the 1st FIBA game and forgot to post. Sorry for the crop. I thought I had it all. Looks like last year but with different color uniforms (and 1 number...)

Attachments

• 3Uconn.jpg
    3Uconn.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 65

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ONO: 10 points (4/7 FG, 2/3 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block in 14 minutes

Collier: 3/3 from three, 1/5 from two; might not see that line again.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What happened to Deshields? Her stat line is nearly nonexistent? Is she ok?

Lou's numbers look better. Led team with 4 O boards. When her shot is not going, she needs to get involved in other areas. Seems like a good sign

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some highlights from the game.
Yes, we have an ONO sighting.

You short changed Liv. 2 sightings. I am not surprised. She is playing well. I am sure you could not pick out who is the only college sophomore on the team just by her play. I am so impressed with her development to this point. :D :D

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
"Recording 31 assists and getting 22 points from Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx), the USA (2-0) women defeated Colombia (1-2) 88-46 at the 2019 FIBA AmeriCup on Tuesday afternoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The USA won the rebounding battle 54-22, scored 54 points inside the paint and had three other team members finish in double-digit scoring, including Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky) with 13 points; Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx) with 11 points; and Olivia Nelson-Ododa (University of Connecticut) with 10 points and a game-high eight rebounds.
Additionally, Jordin Canada (Seattle Storm) contributed eight assists."

Liv certainly looked like she belonged on a team of WNBA stars. For all those who incessantly remind us that we need bigs, we already have one. :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
What happened to Deshields? Her stat line is nearly nonexistent? Is she ok?

Lou's numbers look better. Led team with 4 O boards. When her shot is not going, she needs to get involved in other areas. Seems like a good sign

DeShields--very talented player that pouts when she gets taken out of the game, or when things dont go her way. You can pull that pouting BS on Tenn or on the Sky, but Team USA is called "TEAM" USA because they are expected to play as a team.

Lous play was better today. She followed up missed shots by her and teammates by going for Off. rebounds, boxing out, passing the ball, and doing a good job switching on defense.

Liv looks great today vs the end of last season at UConn. She listened intently when Dolson and either Charles or Fowles was talking to her on the bench.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DeShields--very talented player that pouts when she gets taken out of the game, or when things dont go her way. You can pull that pouting BS on Tenn or on the Sky, but Team USA is called "TEAM" USA because they are expected to play as a team.

Lous play was better today. She followed up missed shots by her and teammates by going for Off. rebounds, boxing out, passing the ball, and doing a good job switching on defense.

Liv looks great today vs the end of last season at UConn. She listened intently when Dolson and either Charles or Fowles was talking to her on the bench.

It is hard for me to imagine what could have gone wrong in the game that got DeShields into such a state as you describe. I thought she had matured way beyond that. I guess I will need to see the ESPN+ replay. :confused:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
It is hard for me to imagine what could have gone wrong in the game that got DeShields into such a state as you describe. I thought she had matured way beyond that. I guess I will need to see the ESPN+ replay. :confused:
Watch some of the Sky games too, I saw her go straight to the bench sometimes without acknowledging her teammates hands that were out.
she would never have made it doing that stuff at UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier circa 2014: "Inside outside, it doesn't matter I'll play wherever the team needs me."

About Aaliyah Edwards 2019,
" Edwards reflects and says that her progress has been evident and that she always learns something new. Likewise, the 2020 graduation candidate stated that she is willing to do whatever is necessary for the good of the team, be it scoring, defending person-to-person or cheering her teammates from the bench."

Aaliyah might as well kill two birds with one stone while she is in Puerto Rico. Commit to UCONN and get Napheesa's permission to wear #24 when she suits up.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou has 5 points , all in the 2nd quarter. Her bun was falling apart from Tropical Storm Karens presence?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
47-24 USA at the half. ONO came in with 1:08 left in the 1st half. She had a clean block, then finished the half with a mid-range jumper for 2.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou has been very active, got a steal for a hoop, hitting the O boards. Liv in for the last minute, blocks a shot that leads to a fast break score for Lou, and then nails a 17-footer to end the half.

Syl is unstoppable, but Argentina was very good at selling offensive fouls. Both Syl and Stef had early foul trouble.

Arike is quick and makes things happen.

Reaction Score
Liv with a couple of highlights right before the half. A block (it stayed inbounds) on one end, and a smooth 17 foot swish at the buzzer on the other end. Can't wait to watch her this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou has been very active, got a steal for a hoop, hitting the O boards. Liv in for the last minute, blocks a shot that leads to a fast break score for Lou, and then nails a 17-footer to end the half.

Syl is unstoppable, but Argentina was very good at selling offensive fouls. Both Syl and Stef had early foul trouble.

We must be watching the same game !

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
47-24 USA at the half. ONO came in with 1:08 left in the 1st half. She had a clean block, then finished the half with a mid-range jumper for 2.
Fiba box score is wrong. Lou has 7 points, not 5. She also shot and missed one 3 pt shot, not 2. They gave one of Lous baskets to Fowles, and it was on a fast break play too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fiba box score is wrong. Lou has 7 points, not 5. She also shot and missed one 3 pt shot, not 2. They gave one of Lous baskets to Fowles, and it was on a fast break play too.
The announcers are confusing Fowles and Charles a lot.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Arike assisted on 2 of Lous baskets. Is Muffet happy?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou can't get her jump shot going but taking it out on the boards.

Very quiet game for pheesa so far

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
U.S. has been called for at least 7 offensive fouls for posting up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom