2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
You can watch Angel Jackson go up against Aquira DeCosta back in April here. Jackson is nearly a match for Kalani Brown size-wise.

Aquira DeCosta not playing in this game, it's a different St. Mary's school.

Not sure why Geno is scouting Angel Jackson. Ironically, I think the drawbacks with Jackson would be very similar to those with Natalie Butler. I'm happy she's getting recognized and I can see some promising glimpses that remind me of former Ohio State star Jessica Davenport, but wouldn't be athletic enough for UConn's bread and butter nor really a dominant finisher on the block yet in half-court settings.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Not sure why Geno is scouting Angel Jackson. Ironically, I think the drawbacks with Jackson would be very similar to those with Natalie Butler. I'm happy she's getting recognized and I can see some promising glimpses that remind me of former Ohio State star Jessica Davenport, but wouldn't be athletic enough for UConn's bread and butter nor really a dominant finisher on the block yet in half-court settings.
A few of us @Charliebball & @Sluconn Husky were scratching our heads at this one also. In this same class you have Boston & Baldwin both of who visited UCONN. And this was at a time when C. Collier was still a UCONN verbal and a year earlier.

Reaction Score

In talking about Dolson Geno said that when he saw her the first time she was very raw but the thing that attracted him to her was that she never let up. Whenever she fell she scrambled to her feet and ran down the court.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/1

St. John’s only freshman, Azzi Fudd, plays at a different level than a typical ninth-grader. Named for former WNBA player Jennifer Azzi, the 5-11 guard led all scorers with 23 points. She was the youngest player on USA Basketball’s U16 squad this past summer.

“She’s beating herself up right now because she missed a couple of shots,” Scribner said. “That’s how she thinks. I’ve never seen a player at her age be as polished and as ready but what makes her different is she’s a great defender and she’s a wonderful teammate.”

Wood couldn’t come up with a comparable player to Fudd at her age.

“Nobody comes to mind,” Wood said. “She’s such a young player to have such a mature game and she also plays defense.”

No. 2 St. John's College girls roll past Life Center Academy

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn hit the "Daily Double" when they landed Williams & ONO. Do you, in your wildest dreams think that lightning could strike twice, and they sign both Brunelle and Boston? :eek:

Reaction Score
UConn hit the "Daily Double" when they landed Williams & ONO. Do you, in your wildest dreams think that lightning could strike twice, and they sign both Brunelle and Boston? :eek:

I don't see how UConn could/would sign either of them, haven't you heard, they only sign the number one and two players of every class.....................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

There are more than a few posters, on our board and others, who think that Brunelle is already a UConn lean.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They're are more than a few posters, on our board and others, who think that Brunelle is already a UConn lean.

come on, every top recruit is a UConn lean.................ESPN sends subliminal messages through the digital airwaves during all of their WBB games...........I've taped the games and when you slow them down to half speed you can hear very softly "come to UConn, learn to play better then Maya Moore, win championships.........eat great meat balls".............couldn't quite make out the rest..................:eek:

Reaction Score
come on, every top recruit is a UConn lean.......ESPN sends subliminal messages through the digital airwaves during all of their WBB games......I've taped the games and when you slow them down to half speed you can hear very softly "come to UConn, learn to play better then Maya Moore, win championships....eat great meat balls"...couldn't quite make out the rest...:eek:

I hear and obey.

Reaction Score
HOPKINS 84 CENTENNIAL 68

Tip Off Classic results - girls

... midway through the second half the Cougars were within 9 and threatening. That's when all-everything point guard Paige Bueckers went to work, draining her only three-pointer of the game, followed by a buffet of pretty baskets and some timely feeds to Raena Suggs and others. Before you knew it, Hopkins was up 20 and coasting home. Bueckers finished the day with 30 points ...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I guess we know talent when we see it.......not too difficult with PB...do you get the sense Geno wants a verbal from her ASAP?

Don't know about ASAP but all these trips clearly indicate one thing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/2

Azzi Fudd with 24 points on Saturday, 47 through her first two games.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

We don't beat Texas or Baylor or a few other teams we beat last year without Butler... So if he sees something "Butler-esque" in her I'm all for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom