2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 104 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Coached have watched Kia Nurse and think the frontier north of the border is worth exploring.

Kia Nurse is certainly yet another good reason to keep a recruiting eye north of the border. Before Kia, you might remember a pretty versatile forward/post named Natalie Achonwa who played for one of your favorite rivals ;):D.

After recovering from an ACL injury at the end of her senior year at Notre Dame, she's done pretty well in the WNBA (Indiana) and continues to play on the Canadian Olympic Team.

Amihere is recovering from an ACL of her own, but a lot of programs on that 14-team list of hers hope she can be a find, like Kia was for the Huskies and Ace was for the Irish.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Looking forward to that game on Saturday.......if the "good" SRD shows up it could be interesting, they've been kind of hit or miss lately......my kid's team will be there on Sunday in the state finals against Ewing....if we beat Ewing which is going to be difficult, it's into the TOC where we will face the really big guns again......BTW Ewing is the team that beat Ocean City which in turn is the team that beat Kylee Watson's undefeated Mainland team.....hope to be there early to see Miss Mabrey's Manasquan team against Newark Tech and Mariah Perez......I expect Manasquan to win but ya never know....

Well, it certainly looks like the good Saddle River Day showed up, as they won their first Non-Public B title over Rutgers Prep. Whoa, they just shut Correia and the rest of RP down. Sidor goes for 28, but it looks like everyone pitched in.

Saddle River Day at Rutgers Prep , NJSIAA Non-Public B Tournament, Round

Did you see this one or holding off until Sunday and your daughter. BTW, good luck.
If Manasquan pulls through and is in the same bracket as SRD, I'll be there for sure for a Mabey-Sidor rematch.

Reaction Score
Well, it certainly looks like the good Saddle River Day showed up, as they won their first Non-Public B title over Rutgers Prep. Whoa, they just shut Correia and the rest of RP down. Sidor goes for 28, but it looks like everyone pitched in.

Saddle River Day at Rutgers Prep , NJSIAA Non-Public B Tournament, Round

Did you see this one or holding off until Sunday and your daughter. BTW, good luck.
If Manasquan pulls through and is in the same bracket as SRD, I'll be there for sure for a Mabey-Sidor rematch.

I was in Toms River the other night at what used to be the Pine Belt Arena now called the RWJ St Barnabas something or other................took three hours to get there and I'm going again tomorrow so wasn't inclined as much as I would have liked to see that game.............a bit surprised by the outcome and that they slowed Correa (6 points)as much as they did...............Sidor is surrounded by a pretty good cast with Jordan and Watkins and although Patrick only had 11 I see she had 13 rebounds and 5 blocks.........she's a big DI lock for sure although still a work in progress.............not sure how the brackets work for the TOC but I hope my kid's team gets there.............not sure who decided that all the games had to be played in Toms River, it's a real pain for the Northern NJ high schools...............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/10

Jordan Horston scored 12 points including a critical late bucket to send the game to overtime and Africentric slipped by to win their regional and move on to state.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Ms. Jones is turning into one of the pearls of this class and a whole lot of schools are vying to be her oyster for four years.:cool:

With UConn, ND, Stanford, Oregon and Louisville all making visits to games/home/school recently and her making trips to S. Carolina and Texas, one would advise schools to work on Plan B's. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ms. Jones is turning into one of the pearls of this class and a whole lot of schools are vying to be her oyster for four years.:cool:

With UConn, ND, Stanford, Oregon and Louisville all making visits to games/home/school recently and her making trips to S. Carolina and Texas, one would advise schools to work on Plan B's. ;)
Fully expect that Haley Jones goes to #1 in the 2019 HS rankings by ESPN based on recent play and the Dan Olson article from 25 January 2018.

Reaction Score
anybody know where Geno and the other coaches are? Geno was in Arkansas to see CW last I heard but haven't seen any UConn in homes with priority recruits unlike the competition..............

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Unless it’s South Carolina, I’m hoping Jones and Brunelle don’t end up at the same university.

If they do.. and it’s UConn. GOODNIGHT. Lol..

FWIW, if I had a choice of Brunelle or Jones I’m leaning Jones. Right now, at least.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
anybody know where Geno and the other coaches are? Geno was in Arkansas to see CW last I heard but haven't seen any UConn in homes with priority recruits unlike the competition....

Geno's back in Connecticut speaking at the Chamber of Commerce. The staff will have a chance to get back out this week if they choose.

Jordan Horston and Amari DeBerry are still playing but are off until the weekend. The only known targets playing before then are Bueckers (Wednesday) and Jones (Tuesday).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unless it’s South Carolina, I’m hoping Jones and Brunelle don’t end up at the same university.
If they do.. and it’s UConn. GOODNIGHT. Lol..
FWIW, if I had a choice of Brunelle or Jones I’m leaning Jones. Right now, at least.
There is still plenty of room on the Jones bandwagon, but let the record clearly reflect that I started this bandwagon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom