2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 3m 3 minutes ago
I Had a great day at UConn Camp today. I loved the coaching and I had a lot of fun @aboutunyc @Coachlanese13 @CoachCCox @JonathanWholley

Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 1m 1 minute ago
Thankful to receive my 4th division1 offer from the university of Connecticut

Shamel has transferred to Erasmus Hall in Brooklyn since original post. Other offers from Buffalo, Kent State and Purdue.

Nice interview by Richie S @ Rivals

>>The class of 2018 DB sounded excited about receiving an offer after a strong camp performance and admitted he knows quite a bit about the Huskies' program.

“I was really excited about the offer because I feel like they have a great program. Also, they have coaches there that can take my game to the next level. I really like that they are a top-50 academic school in the country and they have a strong history of developing DB’s with the same structure as myself,” Lazarus said.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Xavier Smith (above) for sure...
Looks like he enjoyed his visit. A big hitter with some legs. Would be a nice get. I hope he commits this month.

Reaction Score

Johnathon Huggins is a 6-2 200lb Safety/WR from Pine Ridge High School, Deltona Florida. Other offers from App St, Colorado St, Coastal Carolina, ECU, FAU, FSU, Georgia Southern, Georgia St, Liberty, Marshall, Mercer, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Southeastern College, Southern Miss, Stony Brook, Temple, Toledo, Tulane, UCF, UMass and USF, VaTech, Wake Forest, WKY, Coastal Carolina, Mercer

Junior Year Highlights

Josh Newberg‏ @joshnewberg247 4m 4 minutes ago
DB John Huggins informs me he has committed to FSU.

Reaction Score
George Takacs‏ @georgetakacs89 2m 2 minutes ago
020.jpg

Reaction Score
.. and the thinning out process is under way....

Hopefully we can get a couple of commits from our current uncommited list in the coming few months....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall‏Verified account @RandyEdsall 6m6 minutes ago
Got better this morning! Great opportunities again Friday and Saturday.

MEANING??? Anyone hearing anything?
Yes, the spot light means someone has committed. I'm betting Xavier Smith, which if true, would give us a great step forward in restoring athleticism (better side to side speed, more ability to plug the middle) to the LB corp with Jones and Harris. Plus we have TJ Gardner coming in this year.

Reaction Score
Yes, the spot light means someone has committed. I'm betting Xavier Smith, which if true, would give us a great step forward in restoring athleticism (better side to side speed, more ability to plug the middle) to the LB corp with Jones and Harris. Plus we have TJ Gardner coming in this year.

by "meaning" I meant who committed, I agree Smith does seem the likely one though, I have to go watch his film

Reaction Score
Daevon‏ @daevon_7 5m 5 minutes ago
Excited to say I have received my 9th offer from The University of Connecticut #lb#us

Daevon Robinson is a 6-4 205lb WR/DE/Athlete from Shawnee High School in Medford New Jersey. Other offers from Coastal Carolina, NC State, ODU, Rutgers, Temple, UCF, UMass and BC.

From a Todderick Hunt NJ.com article back in February:

>>"I play almost every position in high school," he said. "I mostly play receiver on offense and defensive end on defense, but I move around a lot to help the team out. I also play quarterback, I play tailback, I play tight end. And on defense, I play safety and I play outside linebacker."

So far, teams have recruited him to four spots. "I've heard teams say they are looking at me as an athletic tight end, big receiver, defensive end, outside linebacker," he said. "Those are the main positions Ive heard that coaches want me to play."<<

3-star N.J. ATH Daevon Robinson to pick between Rutgers and 3 others within next 2 weeks

>>The 6-4, 215-pounder will choose between Rutgers, UConn, N.C. State and Virginia out of his 12 total offers.<<

Reaction Score

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
whats the deal with Rondell Bothroyd- has he camped with us yet? Love having Mansfield kids on the roster

Reaction Score

Elijah Jones is a 6-4 170lb DB/WR from Cardinal Hayes High School in Bronx New York. Other offers from Albany, Army, Howard, Purdue and BC. Was up @ UConn during Junior days.
Elijah Jones highlights

Snippet on Jones from Rivals 3 Stripe camp this weekend: >>One of the most impressive performances in a one-on-one setting was Jones intercepting passes on each of his first three reps and having the ball just deflect off his fingers on his fourth rep. The long and lean athlete prospect seemed to know where the ball was going before the quarterback even threw it. He still has some fundamental kinks to work out, but it is nothing that cannot be coached up. That ballhawk mentality, though, is uncoachable, and Jones definitely has it.<,

Elijah Jones on Twitter
Thank you family friends and coaches for putting me in a position to be successful and after meetings I've decided to attend Boston College

Had picked up Temple, Maryland, Rutgers and a few other offers since OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom