Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Any chance Rayam is the brother of TJ, the BC DT? I feel like we were looking at him a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So we have seven slots left for new NLIs and based on Edsall's targeted positions per media quotes it looks like we can sketch out the following:

1 . RB = no recent offers are noted. there was some mutual twitter interest with Nuru Tinch (UAB commit that has not signed) and Donte Black.
2. OL = Liam Maloney - still a commit from what is publicly known.
3. OL = Christian Haynes - recent off. (FWIW - dont think Troy Ingle has signed with WKU, GT is poking around).
4. DL = Habakkuk Baldonado - Coastal Carolina commit - seems enthuisiastic about Jan OV with UConn. I think this kid could be better for us than splashy Connor Parks.
5. LB = Jalen Rayem. This kid looks absolutely perfect for Crocker's system. This is the perfect substitute for missing out on Noah Plack,
6. SS = no recent offers. Tyrese Ross out of GA looks like a very good prospect. Nebraska is sniffing. No word if we have any traction here.
7. SS#2 - mystery at this time.

Reaction Score
So we have seven slots left for new NLIs and based on Edsall's targeted positions per media quotes it looks like we can sketch out the following:

1 . RB = no recent offers are noted. there was some mutual twitter interest with Nuru Tinch (UAB commit that has not signed) and Donte Black.
2. OL = Liam Maloney - still a commit from what is publicly known.
3. OL = Christian Haynes - recent off. (FWIW - dont think Troy Ingle has signed with WKU, GT is poking around).
4. DL = Habakkuk Baldonado - Coastal Carolina commit - seems enthuisiastic about Jan OV with UConn. I think this kid could be better for us than splashy Connor Parks.
5. LB = Jalen Rayem. This kid looks absolutely perfect for Crocker's system. This is the perfect substitute for missing out on Noah Plack,
6. SS = no recent offers. Tyrese Ross out of GA looks like a very good prospect. Nebraska is sniffing. No word if we have any traction here.
7. SS#2 - mystery at this time.
Wonder if DE Stone Cold Steve Shaw is still being considered

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Seemingly an unknown at this time. He is very active on twitter and seems Texas focused. I like Baldonado better myself (who is set to visit), more athletic - more lateral ability. Btw, I see Shaw as more of a NT in the Crocker system.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

He states he might not decide until signing day, which is not going to work for us this year at this position.

Moreover, he begs every FL school, gets a visit from Uconn, Syracuse and so far has just one visit scheduled. Something is a amiss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Must be answering Randy’s “tweet” about filling out recruiting class;) in a quick look around - -appears to have been 2017 Class >> Fork Union Military.

Retweeted this last night, and my initial thought was someone was confused in how to tweet at the coaches.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Retweeted this last night, and my initial thought was someone was confused in how to tweet at the coaches.

Nice player- but slow off the snap. Could be a great FCS player or D1 walk on who develops much more once on campus with the right coaching and physical training.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

247 is now reporting Steve Shaw as a UNLV, Tulane and Louisiana Tech lean. If we truly have just one DL slot let then it seems its Bald0nado as target #1 with David Nwaogwugwu as target #2 at this hour.

While the entire coaching staff is adding new twitter leads everyday with so many its not really worthwhile to note them all, I think two of the more interesting twitter adds in recent days has been by head recruiting coordinator Michael Zyskowski:

Jonathan King - big time DE out of Tampa Bay area who recently decommitted from Oregon
and
Andrew Hardin - a wr/rb/safety out of Woodbridge VA. Hardin has only FCS offers at the moment. His tape shows excellent hands, great ball tracking ability and the ability to accelerate. He plays full speed. Maybe he gets a look as a safety add. Not sure about his run stopping ability as a safety, but has plenty of athleticism and burst and ball tracking ability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
247 is now reporting Steve Shaw as a UNLV, Tulane and Louisiana Tech lean. If we truly have just one DL slot let then it seems its Bald0nado as target #1 with David Nwaogwugwu as target #2 at this hour.

While the entire coaching staff is adding new twitter leads everyday - so many its not really worthwhile to note everyone, I think two of the more interesting twitter adds in recent days has been by head recruiting coordinator Michael Zyskowski:

Jonathan King - big time DE out of Tampa Bay area who recently decommitted from Oregon
and
Andrew Hardin - a wr/rb/safety out of Woodbridge VA. Hardin has only FCS offers at the moment. His tape shows excellent hands, great ball tracking ability and the ability to accelerate. He plays full speed. Maybe he gets a look as a safety add. Not sure about his run stopping ability as a safety, but has plenty of athleticism and burst and ball tracking ability.

Nice job bro.. Hardin has solid football speed... he plays under control and deliberate... Something we need..

Reaction Score
Nice player- but slow off the snap. Could be a great FCS player or D1 walk on who develops much more once on campus with the right coaching and physical training.
CCSU should jump all over this kid....

Reaction Score

Good get off at the LOS... probably a redshirt candidate at this point. Get him in a Edsall's system.. get him strong and coached up, could be something special in '19 and beyond (think Kendall Reyes, but at DE.. I used Kendall because when he came in he was on the small side then grew into an athletic DT for us via redshirt year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom