2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a "non-linkable" article on Knights247:

>>Three-star dual-threat quarterback Re-al Mitchell (Bellflower, CA/St. John Bosco) has 16 offers, but the UCF offers meant a little bit extra for the California quarterback. “Well the offer means a lot in general,” said Mitchell. “But also because it came from Scott Frost. I went to an Oregon camp about three years ago and was able to chat it up with coach Frost so I’ve known about his style of offense for a while.”<<

>>The California quarterback tells Knights247 that UCF, Iowa State, Connecticut and South Carolina are schools that are sticking out to him early on.<<

Mitchell is rated as a three-star prospect by 247Sports Composite and is ranked as the 28th dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class.

Missed this the other day (same format as other UConn edits so I believe they are being produced by someone in B/S):

Reaction Score
His Facebook page is locked so I can't post the pic....Markell Dobbs (RB/Ansonia) visited NC State today.

Reaction Score
His Facebook page is locked so I can't post the pic....Markell Dobbs (RB/Ansonia) visited NC State today.
wonder why he hasn't gotten much press with the #s he put up this past season??? He appears to be an ideal fit for us in terms of ability and being from CT.
Markell Dobbs on Hudl

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Sidney Murray is a 6-2 255lb LB/DE from Foster High School in Richmond Texas attending Cisco Junior College in Cisco Texas (near Abilene). Other offers from Purdue, Alabama A&M Alcorn State, App State, Austin Peay, Coastal Carolina, Lamar and Prairie View.

Interview: 2018 Cisco JUCO LB Sidney Murray Finally Settling in at a Natural Position - Recruiting News Guru

JuCo Football Forer‏ @JuCoFootballACE 31m 31 minutes ago
SidneyMurray @TheCincoEra 4merly Cisco JuCo set to transfer to Indy JuCo @IndyPiratesFB (Independence, Kansas)

Reaction Score
Older tweet moved over from UConn Junior Day post:

Robinson is a 6-3 215lb QB attending Irvington High School. Haven't seen any offers yet coming off injury/transfer. Sophomore Highlights

QB Brandon Robinson will throw for Rutgers, Boston College and UConn

>>So the spring evaluation period is critical for Robinson, who is set to throw for Rutgers, Boston College and Connecticut. UCF is showing interest, and he said he will camp at Rutgers, Temple, Boston College and UConn in late spring and summer.<<

>>UConn's layout and the friendliness of the coaching staff stayed with him. "It was a perfect visualization of a college that you dream about as a little kid," Robinson said. "It just all came together. I liked it overall."<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good/positive sign for the future:

Side note - I'd like to try to follow the college careers of this most recent Cheshire class over the next four years. I'm curious how it will play out on the field. The big question is will they get the playing time at the big schools.

Reaction Score
Good/positive sign for the future:

wouldn't be to thrilled about that. Trying to bite my tongue with other comments on here but the way those guys are coached and allowed to behave leaves a lot to behold. disgraceful at times. Talented for sure but........

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I agree it's a good/positive sign but he has 5 tweets in a row where he refers to someone as "My guy".

Reaction Score
I agree it's a good/positive sign but he has 5 tweets in a row where he refers to someone as "My guy".

He/they are attracting talent... better to be acknowledged than ignored. Wholley is also on the positive side of his ledger.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He/they are attracting talent... better to be acknowledged than ignored. Wholley is also on the positive side of his ledger.

No doubt, Medic. I completely agree and love the connection. It's just that when I first saw your post the "My guy" part of his tweet is what made me most excited about his mention of coach Crock. Then I looked at the CA coach's tweets and realized it wasn't a one off. I refer to my best of friends as "my guy" or "my boy".

I thought they'd become tight! My bad.

Reaction Score

Cletus Mathurin is a 6-2 262lb DE/T from Prince Tech in Hartford who announced this week that he is transferring to Cheshire Academy and reclassifying to 2019. He was visiting w/ LB Dillion Harris who holds an offer and Kevon Jones who is UConn's first 2018 commit.

Reaction Score

Rondell Bothroyd is a 6-4 240lb TE/DE from E.O. Smith High School in Storrs-Mansfield CT.
New Haven Register All- State Defense -- Connecticut High School Coaches Association All- State Class L @ DL -- Courant All State Defense --- All CCC Team.

>>From his NHR All State Bio:
Versatile junior a little bit of everything for E.O. Smith, especially on the defensive side. At defensive end he made 66 tackles, 15 for a loss and recorded 13 sacks. Averaged 7.3 tackles and 1.3 sacks per game. Recovered two fumbles, one returned for a touchdown, and caused five fumbles. On offense at tight end caught 12 passes for 196 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 103 yards. Also attempted four punts.<<

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

Rondell Bothroyd is a 6-4 240lb TE/DE from E.O. Smith High School in Storrs-Mansfield CT.
New Haven Register All- State Defense -- Connecticut High School Coaches Association All- State Class L @ DL -- Courant All State Defense -- All CCC Team.

Versatile junior a little bit of everything for E.O. Smith, especially on the defensive side. At defensive end he made 66 tackles, 15 for a loss and recorded 13 sacks. Averaged 7.3 tackles and 1.3 sacks per game. Recovered two fumbles, one returned for a touchdown, and caused five fumbles. On offense at tight end caught 12 passes for 196 yards and three touchdowns and ran for 103 yards. Also attempted four punts.<<

loveeeeeee this kids tape

Reaction Score
Just in

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/c...mitchell-updates-iowa-state-unofficial-visit/

>>When in May are you committing? “I’m thinking early May, like maybe May 1.” What all will influence that big decision? “During my spring beak I will either visit North Carolina and South Carolina or Rutgers and UConn. After that I’ll sit down with my parents to discuss everything. I will talk to my mom about my trips that she missed. That discussion will be the main decision making aspect.” You mentioned North Carolina, South Carolina, Rutgers, and UConn as possible upcoming visits, do you have any other schools you may visit before May 1? “I want to go to Colorado to visit Air Force and Colorado State, but that might not happen. Those two schools are the only other possibilities.”<<

Reaction Score

George Takacs is a 6-6 236lb TE/WR from Gulf Coast High School in Naples Florida. Other offers from Appalachian State, Arkansas, Duke, FAU, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, NCState, Notre Dame, Oregon, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, USF, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin and Boston College

Reaction Score

New Haven Register All- State Defense -- Connecticut High School Coaches Association All- State Class L @ DL -- Courant All State Defense -- All CCC Team.

⚡️Killaa Kay ⚡️‏ @Kevon_Jones7 42m42 minutes ago
Let's go bro This is the Best place to be #860

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List (Click on commit's name for highlight video)
  1. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  5. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Diaco Staff Offer)
  6. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  7. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida
  8. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  9. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  10. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  11. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  12. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial High School, Corona California (USC Commit>Decommit 2/24/17)
  13. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  14. Elijah Wade (DE) - Arbor View High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  15. Camren McDonald (TE) - Long Beach Poly High School, Long Beach California
  16. Carson Schlecker (WR) - Allen High School, Allen Texas
  17. Drue Jackson (WR) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas
  18. Tyreke Johnson (DB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  19. Tyler Lacy (DE) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas
  20. Shaquon Anderson-Butts (WR/DB) - Harrisburg High School, Harrisburg PA
  21. Gemon Green (CB) - Desoto High School, Desoto Texas
  22. Marcellus Earlington (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  23. Nikko Remigio (WR) - Mater Dei High School, Santa Ana, CA
  24. Stevie Scott III (RB/LB) - Christian Brother Academy, Syracuse, NY
  25. Nikko Hall (WR/S) - Calabasas High School, Calabasas CA
  26. Quintin Wilson (OL) -Walnut Hills High School, Cincinnati Ohio
  27. Tyler Friday (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  28. Nihym Anderson (LB) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey
  29. Lancine Turay (DE) - Irvington High School, Irvington, New Jersey
  30. Brad Cecil (OL) - Bartram Trail High School, Jacksonville Florida
  31. Turon "TJ" Ivy (TE/WR) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois
  32. Justin Johnson (OL) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
  33. Jake Kradel (OL) - Butler High School in Butler PA
  34. Isaih Pachero (RB/DB/QB/ATH) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey
  35. Evan Stewart (Safety) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey
  36. Brock Sturges (RB) - Allen High School, Allen Texas
  37. Matt Alaimo (TE) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey
  38. Jamarcus Chapman (DE) - Rome High School, Rome Georgia
  39. Kevin Brennan (S/RB) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  40. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT
  41. Aron Cruickshank (Ath/QB/WR) - Eramus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY
  42. Jarrett Patterson (OL) - Mission Viejo High School, Mission Viejo California
  43. Sam James Jr. (WR/CB) - Richmond Hill High School. Richmond Hill Georgia
  44. Re-al Mitchell (QB) - St. John Bosco High School, Bellflower, CA
  45. Jasiah Provillion (WR) - Irvington High School, Irvington New Jersey
  46. Sidney Murray (LB/DE) - Foster High School, Richmond Texas>Cisco Junior College, Cisco Texas
  47. La'damian Webb (RB/DB) - Beauregard High School, Opelika Alabama
  48. Leddie Brown (RB) - Smyrna High School, Smyrna Delaware
  49. Ogo Obassi (WR) - Milford Mill Academy High School, Baltimore MD
  50. Cameron Taylor (WR) - Park Crossing High School, Montgomery Alabama
  51. Rondell Bothroyd (TE/DE) - E.O. Smith High School, Storrs-Mansfield CT
  52. George Takacs (TE/WR) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples Florida
  53. Kevon Jones (LB/SS) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT (UConn Commit 2/25/17)
  54. Chris Bleich (OL/DL) - Wyoming Valley West High School, Plymouth PA (Penn State Commit since April 2016 @ time of UConn offer)
  55. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  56. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  57. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (USCw Commit 2/20/17)
  58. Elijah Teague (DT) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois (Minnesota Commit 2/25/17)
  59. Jalil Irvin (OL) - Stephenson High School, Stone Mountain Georgia (Auburn Commit 3/9/17)
  60. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan (Wisconsin Commit 3/14/17)

Reaction Score

Do you know what offers he holds? He still has some time to grow and mature as a player but I have seen him a couple times and wasn't super impressed. To be fair to him though, he has quite the work load.

Reaction Score
Do you know what offers he holds? He still has some time to grow and mature as a player but I have seen him a couple times and wasn't super impressed. To be fair to him though, he has quite the work load.
I haven't heard of any offers. So, I'd assume he hasn't been offered by any D1 schools at this point. He kind of burst on the scene last season. The Ansonia staff was even surprised by the season he had. I think he's generating interest right now. Time will tell. Hopefully, Montrell's journey will guide Markell to choose a different path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom