2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 101 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Love Corey and his social media presence but this is the picture he should have used for his tweet.

espn_g_rentschlerfield_600.jpg

Reaction Score
Love Corey and his social media presence but this is the picture he should have used for his tweet.

Ha - you would have been the first one to call bullschlitz if he said he “stopped by the Rent tonight” and attached that picture ;)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I meant he should have said:

"Stopped by The Rent tonight. It's ready for UCONN Nation to rock it again. Can't wait for Spring ball to start"

No emojis!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Hey Medic btw Ta'Zhawn Henry decommitted from TCU a while ago. He looks like he's set to commit to Texas Tech on Saturday

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Luis Morris who is being followed by Richardson had an official visit to Auburn for Track and Field.
I don't see an offer, but who knows until signing day if UConn pulls in another player or two.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Luis Morris is a nice looking player. Has track speed which is a priority for the staff plus a juke move. He's probably been overlooked because of his smaller stature (not that he is too small). Regardless, he would be a fine signing day surprise for the last ticket.

Poking around, there are several dudes the staff has connected with over the past two weeks that don't have much for offer lists, but do look like guys that could be great walk-ons. I would think a single PWO for each TE, RB, DL and OL would be the focus. It would be cool if Randy could give us some positive walk on news on signing day, but my guess is that we wont hear much about it since they will be free agents until the day the come to campus.

Btw, on the transfer front the only notable connection I have seen is Vincent Jackson, a LB at USF who was recruited heavily by top 20 programs - but decided to stay home in FL, has connected on twitter with some of the staff. He looks like he might have a 5th year of eligibility after this spring.

Reaction Score
Diaco made a good faith effort to turn PWO into scholarship kids. And you can tell the disappointment of some of these kids as Randy Edsall entered the HC office. Edsall never ran a Program with kids work - as PWO - getting them either playing time or greater status in the depth chart. Marcus Easley and Donald Thomas were anomalies. There is no Luke Sowa coming on.

As for this last weekend, I think there are things we don't know about who visited ... and that means a possible surprise or 2 on Weds.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Luis Morris is a nice looking player. Has track speed which is a priority for the staff plus a juke move. He's probably been overlooked because of his smaller stature (not that he is too small). Regardless, he would be a fine signing day surprise for the last ticket.

Poking around, there are several dudes the staff has connected with over the past two weeks that don't have much for offer lists, but do look like guys that could be great walk-ons. I would think a single PWO for each TE, RB, DL and OL would be the focus. It would be cool if Randy could give us some positive walk on news on signing day, but my guess is that we wont hear much about it since they will be free agents until the day the come to campus.

Btw, on the transfer front the only notable connection I have seen is Vincent Jackson, a LB at USF who was recruited heavily by top 20 programs - but decided to stay home in FL, has connected on twitter with some of the staff. He looks like he might have a 5th year of eligibility after this spring.

I thought Luis Morris looked AWESOME on tape. He's got some amazing agility. I'd bring him on board in a heartbeat, especially considering we could still use another RB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought Luis Morris looked AWESOME on tape. He's got some amazing agility. I'd bring him on board in a heartbeat, especially considering we could still use another RB.
Yeah agreed...and I was wrong to call him smallish considering he is 6 ft. That said, wonder why this kid doesn’t have more offers.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Surgers to Vanderbilt?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I sure hope we get DeVaughn then - he should be lights out. ;) :p

We just can't seem to catch a break with these DEs, Medic. Feels like we've been in the hunt for at least five that we've just missed on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Whatever to Surgers. I’m not sure we could unlock more speed from his play.

Devaughn looks as good or better.

Too bad we bet on Woodson and not David N. I think there was a fork in the road three weeks ago and we bet on Woodson pushing Dave N to Temple.

I hope UCF doesn’t get baldonado.

Many of these guys have ended up in our conference; Metz and Sanders at Cincy.

Reaction Score

If not us then someone in our conference is fine, you want the American to recruit well, the more talent in the conference the better it becomes.

Reaction Score
Whatever to Surgers. I’m not sure we could unlock more speed from his play.

Devaughn looks as good or better.

Too bad we bet on Woodson and not David N. I think there was a fork in the road three weeks ago and we bet on Woodson pushing Dave N to Temple.

I nice ending to this recruiting cycle on Wednesday would be to see DE Pierce DeVaughn, OLB Jalen Rayam, and OL Christian Haynes say YES to UConn and send in their NLI's on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom