2017 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings (CBS) | The Boneyard

2017 Coaches Hot Seat Rankings (CBS)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Not surprisingly, almost every AAC Coach is deemed to be "Safe And Secure" since most are in their first or second years with their respective programs:

Coaches could be rated one of 6 ratings. Those ratings are:

5. Win or be fired
4. Start Improving Now
3. Pressure Is Mounting
2. All Good...For Now
1. Safe And Secure
0. Untouchable

And now, your AAC coaches ranking by hotseat (1 hottest seat, 12 least hot):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Scottie Montgomery (ECU): Pressure Is Mounting
2. Chad Morris (SMU): All Good...For Now
3. Willie Fritz (Tulane): All Good...For Now
4. Randy Edsall (UConn): All Good...For Now
5. Geoff Collins (Temple): Safe And Secure
6. Luke Fickell (Cincinnati): Safe And Secure
7. Major Applewhite (Houston): Safe And Secure
8. Phillip Montgomery (Tulsa): Safe And Secure
9. Scott Frost (UCF): Safe And Secure
10. Mike Norvell (Memphis): Safe And Secure
11. Charlie Strong (USF): Safe And Secure
12. Ken Niumatalolo (Navy): Untouchable

Link: 2017 College Football Hot Seat Rankings: Evaluating job security of all 130 coaches

Reaction Score
If Lashlee can get the offense playing P-5 type football there should be conversation about moving him up the ladder before someone else grabs him and UConn is once again asking the players to learn a new system and at the same time compete at a level that will make UConn attractive to the P-5 conferences. Everyone knows Lashlee is only here long enough to get a sweet head coaching offer. If he can get it done why not secure consistency in the offense by offering him? There is no guarantee Edsall won't bolt if another P-5 offer comes his way. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice? If Lashlee is the next up and coming winner then maybe not get to the fool me twice stage.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming Lashlee got some sort of assurance that he's first up when RE leaves. I just don't really expect Edsall to retire before Lashlee gets a great offer elsewhere. It seems likely that if we are good, Lashlee will be gone soon after and will never be back.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm assuming Lashlee got some sort of assurance that he's first up when RE leaves. I just don't really expect Edsall to retire before Lashlee gets a great offer elsewhere. It seems likely that if we are good, Lashlee will be gone soon after and will never be back.

Sign me up right now for that scenario.

Reaction Score
Let's hope we get an invite before that happens.

Reaction Score
If Lashlee can get the offense playing P-5 type football there should be conversation about moving him up the ladder before someone else grabs him and UConn is once again asking the players to learn a new system and at the same time compete at a level that will make UConn attractive to the P-5 conferences. Everyone knows Lashlee is only here long enough to get a sweet head coaching offer. If he can get it done why not secure consistency in the offense by offering him? There is no guarantee Edsall won't bolt if another P-5 offer comes his way. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice? If Lashlee is the next up and coming winner then maybe not get to the fool me twice stage.
There's no guarantee Lashlee wouldn't bolt after a year of being our head coach for a year under your scenario. I have a hard time believing Edsall would coach anywhere but here at this point in his career, but you never know. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, hopefully they get us back to a level where that's even a possibility.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd even say that if we get good and RE does retire, Lashlee will not be our HC as we won't be able to pay him what any of the P5 schools will be able to. Let's just enjoy the fact that he's here now and hope he and the rest of the staff can just get this program in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Anytime we can get UConn "alums" working at P-5 schools it helps with the chances of positive input when conversations start. Once we start winning again, the fact we have Warde at UM, Diaco at Nebraska and Lashlee who knows where someday, will help. Regardless of their feelings about the school, they know about the facilities, the tradition and the potential. Can't hurt.

C

Chief00

Anytime we can get UConn "alums" working at P-5 schools it helps with the chances of positive input when conversations start. Once we start winning again, the fact we have Warde at UM, Diaco at Nebraska and Lashlee who knows where someday, will help. Regardless of their feelings about the school, they know about the facilities, the tradition and the potential. Can't hurt.

Diaco will help us get into a P5? Some how I don't see that playing out.

Reaction Score
So this I gotta see. Lashlee getting the O playing like a P5 O without an OL. If he does that in his first year he will be up for canonization.

Reaction Score
He meant a coach will see UConn as a good stepping stone to a P5 job.

Actually I think he was referring to when the next round of expansion comes around that having coaches in various higher profile jobs or head coaching positions would know what UConn brings to the table and would say so if asked in support of the school as a candidate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom