2017-2018 Out of Conference Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017-2018 Out of Conference Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If they would like to play 2 games while visiting the south land (UCLA), There are several other D-1 programs within a 60 mile area (of UCLA) they might schedule a game with: USC, Cal State Fullerton, Loyola Marymount , Long Beach State, Pepperdine (Malibu), and UC Santa Barbara. I'm sure one of these fine institutions of higher learning would be honored to host the Huskies.
Also Cal State Northridge and UC Riverside.
I would go to LMU. I saw one of their freshman, who will be there next year, she is very good. Also LMU has 2 of Lous former teammates.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It usually was a two-day trip. In the infamous year when the Stanford game broke the streak, the record was set two nights earlier in Stockton, CA at U of the Pacific.

Correction. They played UC Davis the Friday before. I attended those two games. Pacific is in Stockton, my son played for Bob Thomasson there. I was there for most of his games. They did not play Pacific.

Reaction Score
8 of the typical 13 OOC opponents are set from what I have found. Pretty tough OOC again, 5 opponents surely ranked at least. I'll keep looking and please add if I missed something.

Neutral Site:
Duquesne ( Toronto) - Senior Homecoming for Kia

Away Games
Texas
UCLA
Depaul
South Carolina

Home Games
Notre Dame
Maryland
Oklahoma

Didn't find a homecoming game scheduled for Gabby yet near Sparx Nevada. Seems like options to get close by Sparx are pretty limited.

Geno is nothing if he isn't a glutton for punishment for his team!! This not a team schedule for the faint of heart--again.
Hurray for Geno ---for the Duquesne game (Fort Dusquesne was where we call Pittsburgh-) Our All American--Canadian has done us proud.

Reaction Score
KML didnt get a home game. Not a guarantee that GW will either.

That was more that none of the P5's wanted to play them or make any effort in their scheduling. Cowards move like Syracuse not wanting to play but for a short trip UConn didn't mind playing Colgate, not much cost. They can schedule a game close to Sparx when they play UCLA. Play on game thursday the other saturday or friday/sunday

Reaction Score
Geno is nothing if he isn't a glutton for punishment for his team!! This not a team schedule for the faint of heart--again.
Hurray for Geno ---for the Duquesne game (Fort Dusquesne was where we call Pittsburgh-) Our All American--Canadian has done us proud.

Geno always played a good OOC. it is even more important now as they really don't get tough games in conference. In the old big East they had ND twice, Louisville, etc..Then the Conference Tourney where you see those tough teams possibly a third time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In truth there were years when Geno picked an OOC schedule to bring a young team along; obviously not so this year. I suspect Geno had a good feeling about this squad, with or without Morgan, that lead him to this schedule. Turns out his need for two phones to take the scheduling calls has worked out okay to this point.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
KML didnt get a home game. Not a guarantee that GW will either.

Do we know that Geno tried to get her one?

Did Taurasi get one?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Man but I would love to play Baylor again next year. Maybe I'll just have to settle for them to be a name on UConn's Dance card. That technically qualifies as next year.

Reaction Score
Man but I would love to play Baylor again next year. Maybe I'll just have to settle for them to be a name on UConn's Dance card. That technically qualifies as next year.

2018-2019 will be soon enough and the Super Sophs(KLS and Pheesa) will be Super Seniors with Stevens....The Big 3...heck of a front court. Crystal on the point and Walker at the 2. Gordon, AEH, Coombs as Sophs and C. Collier plus the rest of her frosh class...Plus the rest of the bench.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In truth there were years when Geno picked an OOC schedule to bring a young team along; obviously not so this year. I suspect Geno had a good feeling about this squad, with or without Morgan, that lead him to this schedule. Turns out his need for two phones to take the scheduling calls has worked out okay to this point.

I think he is also taking more seriously his role in advancing WCBB and showing as many people as possible how the game should be played. You can only show this by playing the toughest competition available. In addition, unlike our Big East days, we need the tough OOC schedule since we are never going to be tested in the AAC. :(

Reaction Score
I think he is also taking more seriously his role in advancing WCBB and showing as many people as possible how the game should be played. You can only show this by playing the toughest competition available. In addition, unlike our Big East days, we need the tough OOC schedule since we are never going to be tested in the AAC. :(

Geno has done more than enough in advancing the game, he always took it seriously. He let's other coaches come to see how he runs the program and practices. He's giving up part of the "secret sauce".

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
2018-2019 will be soon enough and the Super Sophs(KLS and Pheesa) will be Super Seniors with Stevens....The Big 3...heck of a front court. Crystal on the point and Walker at the 2. Gordon, AEH, Coombs as Sophs and C. Collier plus the rest of her frosh class...Plus the rest of the bench.
Yeah. But I just enjoy beating them, unlike beating Texas. Which though enjoyable can't compare to beating Mulkey. I just like Aston too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom