2016 Recruit Erin Boley | The Boneyard

2016 Recruit Erin Boley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the Purdue board someone mentioned that UCONN had offered a scholarship to Erin Boley, a 6'2" forward from Kentucky. Ranked #13 by Prospect Nation, #19 by Hoopgurlz.

Any truth to this?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On the Purdue board someone mentioned that UCONN had offered a scholarship to Erin Boley, a 6'2" forward from Kentucky. Ranked #13 by Prospect Nation, #19 by Hoopgurlz.

Any truth to this?

Not sure about the offer but she''s scheduled to visit UConn (unofficially) for the Hartford game.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn did not make an offer unless the candidate visited the campus. Not true?[/quote
Mostly true. Tiffany Hayes had an offer before her visit to Uconn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would be suspicious of any statements speaking of an offer.

Reaction Score
I have seen a little video on Erin.
She looks like a player.
Lauren Cox #1 in 2016 Excellent rebounder and shot blocker.
Erin Boley # 19 in 2016. Right now anyway !

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I have yet to see Boley play, but I hope to make a couple of games this year. She certainly is getting a lot of press around here. If my memory serves me correctly she made it to the final cut of the U16 trials this past summer, but did not make the final roster.

She does have a lot of suitors already. Rumor in these parts is that she is Stanford's to lose. Talk is that she has been on campus the past two summers at Stanford for camps. As for who has officially offered her, I do not know. Lots of coaches were parading through Elizabethtown (about 40 minutes from Louisville) to see her during the September recruiting period.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
She was at Kentucky and Vandy this weekend. I know she got in-home visits from Stanford, Uconn, and Tennessee among others.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She was at Kentucky and Vandy this weekend. I know she got in-home visits from Stanford, Uconn, and Tennessee among others.
Who did, Erin Boley? Who this thread was about receiving a reportedly and unlikely offer from UCONN. Or Kia Nurse who ended up in the middle of it. A referent would help. Boley would seem to be illegal to receive home visits.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Who did, Erin Boley? Who this thread was about receiving a reportedly and unlikely offer from UCONN. Or Kia Nurse who ended up in the middle of it. A referent would help. Boley would seem to be illegal to receive home visits.

I was talking about Boley.

I'm not sure how the visits work for underclassmen. Maybe they are just workouts. Can anyone clarify?

Either way, she's been getting a lot of interest and has already visited several schools as well.

Reaction Score
The 2015 recruits have been having home visits. Do the NCAA recruiting rules allow home visits for 2016ers also?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The 2015 recruits have been having home visits. Do the NCAA recruiting rules allow home visits for 2016ers also?

I don't think so. Schools can definitely visit juniors (either at home or at their education institution) beginning in Sept of their junior year, but I believe sophomores can only be visited at their schools. Geno and/or UConn coaches visited McCoy, Boley and Cox (all 2016ers) at their schools.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Schools can definitely visit juniors (either at home or at their education institution) beginning in Sept of their junior year, but I believe sophomores can only be visited at their schools. Geno and/or UConn coaches visited McCoy, Boley and Cox (all 2016ers) at their schools.
That would be my expectation.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score

Thanks! They visited Dangerfield and Ramirez as well. I also know they have shown interest in Krystaline McCune, but not sure if she got a visit.

Reaction Score
Boley does have a offer from UCONN. She is not a Stanford lean.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks, JS, Geno must really like something he sees and realizes all the others schools already in the hunt pressured him to change his approach a bit. That in itself is enough to make me really want this kid.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks, JS, Geno must really like something he sees and realizes all the others schools already in the hunt pressured him to change his approach a bit. That in itself is enough to make me really want this kid.
Yes - I think it does appear to be a change in Uconn strategy - getting the offers out earlier than before. Not sure if this might be a reflection on 'negative' recruiting*, or the USA gig, or just the general trend across the WCBB universe with earlier offers, earlier commitments, and now earlier in home visits and official visits.
Negative * - referring to the 'XYZ school jumped in late, but WE have been sure of your skill and committed to you from the beginning' kind of thing.

Reaction Score
And your source is....? Link?

I think you saw the link, but my source is much better than a link.

As for Boley she is a great kid and player. Has offers from almost all major schools. She has been to the Stanford Elite camps but that does not make her a lean, and she has a offer from them as well ( I know they usually don't offer this early, but this kid is the exception to the rule). I can tell you that they, Erin and the family loved the visit.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

As for Boley she is a great kid and player. Has offers from almost all major schools. She has been to the Stanford Elite camps but that does not make her a lean, and she has a offer from them as well ( I know they usually don't offer this early, but this kid is the exception to the rule). I can tell you that they, Erin and the family loved the visit.

If that is the case wait until the see the new basketball facility next year and the new studentbody facility in the future.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

That's very possible, but we don't know you, which is why we wanted to see another source.

Edit: Are you Jarrad, or Trent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22