2016 BASKETBALL PRACTICE | The Boneyard

2016 BASKETBALL PRACTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information on how practice has been progressing? (Who has improved, how the freshmen look, Chong's injury, etc.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
At yesterday's conference media day Geno said kinda what he usually does---that some practices make him go wow, and some look like the team can't get anything done. And he raved about Chong's practices, but we've heard that before.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information on how practice has been progressing? (Who has improved, how the freshmen look, Chong's injury, etc.)
Geno said that Chong has been playing really well since the beginning of practice. Expects her to play an important role this year.

Reaction Score
Since I am Mr Pessimist, all I want from these practices is healthy bodies...........this 10 woman UConn squad can not afford to loose anyone from the roster............several good teams have already lost multiple players for the season but luckily they have rosters that go 13-14 deep...........my fingers will be crossed for the next five months!!

Reaction Score
Since I am Mr Pessimist, all I want from these practices is healthy bodies......this 10 woman UConn squad can not afford to loose anyone from the roster..several good teams have already lost multiple players for the season but luckily they have rosters that go 13-14 deep......my fingers will be crossed for the next five months!!

I understand the feelings---but in my brain I think--depending upon who is the injured--uconn could lose 2 and still meet Geno's image of a useful team. i.e. He has used 8 or there about for many years. The trick is who the injured may be.

A simple minded aside---Chong. As one post said--Geno has touted her practice and her progress before (disregarding the Stanford game) how long after that did she make the walking wounded list//

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno said that Chong has been playing really well since the beginning of practice. Expects her to play an important role this year.
Thank you yanks61 and Sluconn Husky.

Reaction Score
At yesterday's conference media day Geno said kinda what he usually does---that some practices make him go wow, and some look like the team can't get anything done. And he raved about Chong's practices, but we've heard that before.
A good reporter would have asked Geno: When you say Wow is that for your potential starting 5 or for the New Kids. I suspect that the CORE team plus 1 along with Chong would have his system and plays memorized by now. Any disconnect should be/could be with the Frosh.

Reaction Score
Since I am Mr Pessimist, all I want from these practices is healthy bodies......this 10 woman UConn squad can not afford to loose anyone from the roster..several good teams have already lost multiple players for the season but luckily they have rosters that go 13-14 deep......my fingers will be crossed for the next five months!!
Doesn't Polly have another year of egilibity? :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few points gleaned from several sources:

Saniya has played really well. Geno thinks that she appropriately has a sense of urgency.

Kia has been one of the leaders, maybe the key leader.

Geno has confidence in the Core Four (Kia, Gabby, Lou, and Pheesa). All of them have been helping the newbies.

Azura and Batouly have added a lot of energy.

The frosh are working hard to get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom