2015 C Jessie Govan In-Home Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 C Jessie Govan In-Home Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has always excelled by taking the types of players that stay for 3-4 years. Top 10 recruits such as Villanueva, Gay and Drummond failed to impress as much.

I'll keep taking players ranked between the 40's and 100 over the McD types.
Villanueva won a ring and Rudy was a finalist for national player of the year. I'll take them any day of the week

Reaction Score
UConn has always excelled by taking the types of players that stay for 3-4 years. Top 10 recruits such as Villanueva, Gay and Drummond failed to impress as much.

I'll keep taking players ranked between the 40's and 100 over the McD types.
It's best having a mix of 3 and 4 year players and mix in one or two short-timers. I hope we don't get many one-and-dones. I'm okay with a two year one if they are the piece that puts us over the top. You want to have a core of upper-classmen at all times which is hard to do.

For example, if Boat and Daniels return, we'll have another nice mix of experience and talented youth.

It's got to be hard to recruit towards that. Would a coach take a talented 3 to 4 year player over an elite one that wants to attend his program? That would be a nice problem to have. With this said, I'm not sure many one year players will be interested in UConn. I think KO and UConn tends to attract the take-the-stairs type of hard worker recruit over the ones that see college as a one year stop-over.

Reaction Score
Donyell, Rip, Khalid, Kemba, DeAndre...

Sorry - McD was just an easy way to write top 10 talents.

The above players all played 3 years. McD's these days are usually one and done.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Uconn is in good shape

yes-man1.jpg

Reaction Score
Sorry - McD was just an easy way to write top 10 talents.

The above players all played 3 years. McD's these days are usually one and done.

Totally false.. only 4 players from the 2012 McD AA game went one-and-done.. EXCLUDING such players as Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, Shaq Goodwin, Amile Jefferson, Alex Poythress, Rodney Purvis, T.J. Warren, Yogi Ferrell, Marcus Paige, Marcus Smart, and Rasheed Sulaimon

Reaction Score
dogfan96ost: 936245 said:
Totally false.. only 4 players from the 2012 McD AA game went one-and-done.. EXCLUDING such players as Gary Harris, Kyle Anderson, Shaq Goodwin, Amile Jefferson, Alex Poythress, Rodney Purvis, T.J. Warren, Yogi Ferrell, Marcus Paige, Marcus Smart, and Rasheed Sulaimon

What he meant to meant to say was that they have the mentality of one and done whether or not they are one and done or two and done or three and done or four and done.

Reaction Score
What he meant to meant to say was that they have the mentality of one and done whether or not they are one and done or two and done or three and done or four and done.

Be that as it may, if there's another Gary Harris out there, I'll take him.. ditto for T.J. Warren and Marcus Paige, even if they only stay 2 years.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Govan, Comanche, Diallo, Boatwright, and don't forget Briscoe and Adams (two personal favorites - though they are guards) ... Hope Ollie brings some of these guys in the future is very bright for UConn.

Reaction Score
Be that as it may, if there's another Gary Harris out there, I'll take him.. ditto for T.J. Warren and Marcus Paige, even if they only stay 2 years.

Take the best talent that fits our style and has ten toes!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
what about that Tyus Battle kid? What year is he? Read that short article about him the other day. Know nothing about recruiting.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
what about that Tyus Battle kid? What year is he? Read that short article about him the other day. Know nothing about recruiting.
2016 6'5 guard from New Jersey I believe. 247 has cuse predicted 100%

Reaction Score

Syracuse just got a commitment from Franklin Howard yesterday, who's a 2G and they already had one from Malachi Richardson, another highly ranked 2G. Both are class of 2015. We too have two 2G commitments for 2015 in Ali & Jackson, though Jackson and play some PG. Battle is rated higher than Ali & Jackson though. Should be interesting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Might have changed since the NC though. The article about him and his dad with Ollie was super positive. It'd be nice to get a New Jersey kid too. It's close, and we don't actually get a ton of kids from there.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Think of this anyway you like but there has been a string of Georgetown picks by the 247 sports guys.

Reaction Score
Govan would be a good get for us. Especially if Brimah is still here for his Junior year. Govan would be able to play a limited role while adjusting to the college game and working on his strength and explosiveness. It doesn't look like he really plays above the rim so I'm sure some strength training would go along with him. He does however appear to have good hands and some nifty moves around the basket.

As far as other recruits, unless people transfer or go pro, we don't have any other scholarships available if Govan commits. With that said, I'm firmly on the Jalen Adams bandwagon, i think he's a stud and would thrive in our offense. I think KO loved him as well but after his early aggressive recruiting of Adams didn't pay off with a commitment, KO offered Will Jackson. Not to say that Jackson was a plan B, i think when KO saw him down in Georgia recently he must have made a huge impression for him to offer, especially after spending so much time on Adams.
Brimah has a long way to go in his development and that is why we saw a lot more of Nolan in the tourney. He needs to get an offensive game and stop getting beat off the dribble. He basically has to continue to learn the game. The good news is he has a great attitude and wants to learn so he will get better every year. IMO he will be a 3- 4year player.
Can't figure out where we are with Adams. As you said, Ollie went after him hard and didn't get a commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom