2015-2016 | The Boneyard

2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If everyone comes back and we fill the last 2 spots for this year, are we NC good?

Reaction Score
Hard to believe how talented 2012 was and what a clusterf@ck it was

G: Bazz, Boat, Lamb
C: Drummond, AO

Glue: Giffey, Roscoe

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but wow very talented team. So we'll see but Boat returning is huge for chemistry hopefully!

Reaction Score

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but wow very talented team. So we'll see but Boat returning is huge for chemistry hopefully!

I'm curious and wonder how this team would have played if KO was the coach and not JC. Hmm

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score

I think this team was missing guard depth + Boat couldn't play in the beginning of the season . That led to Brandon Allen playing. I remember there was some situations where it got so bad Niels had to bring the ball up sometimes. Plus like it or not Jamal Coombs-McDaniel would've helped out a lot as a junior if he could've bought into the team and he and JC got along . That team definitely needed a Kromah, T Sam or even a RJ Evans.

Reaction Score
The biggest issue with the 2012 team was Calhoun was unhealthy most of the season, had some suspensions, the boatright fiasco was going on. They never were able to establish leadership the same way, not just on the court. I believe if Calhoun had the full year with health and no suspensions, they would have been solid. Calhoun's style was all about building towards the end of the year, he was unable to do that that year. There is still a chance that they might not have come together anyway, but I will always bet on a healthy Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I think this team was missing guard depth + Boat couldn't play in the beginning of the season . That led to Brandon Allen playing. I remember there was some situations where it got so bad Niels had to bring the ball up sometimes. Plus like it or not Jamal Coombs-McDaniel would've helped out a lot as a junior if he could've bought into the team and he and JC got along . That team definitely needed a Kromah, T Sam or even a RJ Evans.

Yeah imagine Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and his attitude hanging around his buddy AO? Nope……..what was a nightmare may have been worst.

Reaction Score
If everyone comes back and we fill the last 2 spots for this year, are we NC good?

I'd be a little concerned about losing Boat's leadership. It's really hard to maintain that hard-nosed, single-elimination toughness with an untested leader.

Our most successful teams have built up a long continuity of leadership; our most disappointing teams were usually the result of a first-time leader not being able to handle that role.

1999: Khalid (2 years of being a leader), Ricky Moore (3 years of being a leader)
2004: Emeka (2 years being a leader), Taliek (4 years being a leader)
[followed by 2005, solid regular season, disappointing postseason with MW as a first-time leader]
2009: AJ Price (3 years being a leader)
[followed by 2010, disastrous season with Kemba as a first-time leader]
2011: Kemba (2 years being a leader)
[followed by 2012, disastrous season with Bazz as a first-time leader]
2014: Bazz (3 years being a leader)

Next year is unequivocally Boat's team, for the first time. We will likely struggle to adapt to that change in leadership, at least early on. Likewise, 2015-16 will be Purvis's team (I don't buy any of that one-and-done talk about a guy who didn't particularly impress -- albeit in a difficult situation -- at NC State) for the first time, with another change in leadership. Those will be a challenge.

Reaction Score
I'm curious and wonder how this team would have played if KO was the coach and not JC. Hmm
Well, one is a HOF'er, while the other is one of the hottest coaching commodities out there today. Every coach will have so-so seasons, on occasion, but, when it comes down to basketball coaching....UConn wins, and UConn wins big.....

Reaction Score
While next year will be Boat's first year as the man, I think as a senior the team will fall in line behind him. As long as he doesn't try to be Bazz, next year's team should be ok. The real dynamic for 15-16 is between Purvis and TSam. It'll be interesting to see how these guys gel next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom