2014 UConn Coaching Staff Announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 UConn Coaching Staff Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that the simplest explanation that covers the most ground is usually correct, and the multiple coordinator titles are what medic suggested and probably related to some kind of salary structure / compensation language in their respective contracts. I think that the comments by Pudge and Fairtides make a lot of sense as well. There are people on this staff that have lots of experience in how things work, and what happens when they don't in an organization the size of a division 1 football program when it comes to the lines of authority - (I like that terminology)..and there are younger people that also are in touch with how things are working in the real modern contemporary world in 2014 with regards to establishing credibility and experience and "working your way up the ladder".

So, my first impression was what it was, and I admit, I had a moment of pause, that I was just witnessing our rookie head coach first blunder, in hiring too many chefs for the kitchen, but I feel better about it now.

That's good - your physiological well being is important to all of us.

To soothe your jangled nerves - Auburn and OSU both have Co-defensive coordinators as well as co-offensive coordinators. ;)

Reaction Score
That's good - your physiological well being is important to all of us.

To soothe your jangled nerves - Auburn and OSU both have Co-defensive coordinators as well as co-offensive coordinators. ;)

Physiologic?

Reaction Score
Cummings looks way too much like Dan Malloy. That bothers me more than the fact he doesn't call plays for CMU.

This was my immediate reaction as well!

Reaction Score
Physiologic?

Yeah... it's not all about the brain.-It's about the normal functioning state of the whole body. Would hate to see you get irritable bowels because of increased stress due to co-special team coordinators being named :p

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kinda has a Walt Disney thing goin' on.

walt100.jpg
More like an "It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose" kind of a thing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm struggling with Patterson's mustache. There's a fine line between Tom Selleck/Burt Reynolds awesome and some weird creeper that owns a white minivan with no windows... I'm trying to put him in the Ron Burgundy zone though.

He's a real renaissance man. He used to have a cooking show called "Death by Chocolate".

images

Reaction Score
I thought we kept our director of strength and conditioning and were looking for an assistant? That makes me a touch nervous, just look at our combine numbers year after year. It's much more than an ancillary job.

Reaction Score
Ah... Gotcha. I didn't click on his name link. SMH...

Diaco should demand the firing of Mike Enright. Horrible media/public relations guy based on all of the errors and grammar mistakes in media guides and communications. Shameful when an English student at uconn could be a better leader in that department. It speaks volumes to the young talent of our university, but reflects horribly on the inept old-guard leadership.

And he has a perfect dismount from the soap box. All the judges, except the Russian judge, give him a 10. 4.5 from the Russian judge. :-/

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Director of Strength and Conditioning job is open. That sucks.
Alabama's Scott Cochran? I don't have the link, but please see the 60 minutes piece on him... dude speaks his own language and has buckets of energy.
cochran1-almondjpg-90149713250f2078.jpg

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Wow... did not mean to post a pic that BIG! WTF?

Reaction Score
1.) Dig the staff. Can't wait for the blackout period to be over to get some more headlines and speculation of potential recruiting turnover. Even if we get no one, there'll be fodder to keep us interested. 2.) Foley coaching the O-line. Yes. Thank you.

Diaco must've remembered the huge holes the Donald waltzed through when Virginia got whooped 45-10 at the Rent!

Reaction Score
Strength & conditioning are extremely important. Remember back in August when PP said at least 10 members were out of shape. That is the coaches fault. But, we need a strength & conditioning guy to stay on top of the players in the offseason.
It is of paramount importance these players add strength and report in top shape in August.

Reaction Score
Diaco will fill that position. He said yesterday that Director of Football Operations, Player Personnel and Strength and Conditioning would be filled.

Reaction Score
I'm struggling with Patterson's mustache. There's a fine line between Tom Selleck/Burt Reynolds awesome and some weird creeper that owns a white minivan with no windows... I'm trying to put him in the Ron Burgundy zone though.
He looks like my barber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits