2014 Schedule | The Boneyard

2014 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
At this point, just go take some bodybag dates with SEC/B1G schools. Forget home games, MAC it up there, but it's critical for the financial side of the athletic department to go cash some checks.

Reaction Score
Central Connecticut
Marist
Maine
Buffalo (home)
Sacred Heart
Stoney Brook
Buffalo (away)
Kent State
Bowling Green
Towson St
New Hampshire
Samford

Reaction Score
At this point, just go take some bodybag dates with SEC/B1G schools. Forget home games, MAC it up there, but it's critical for the financial side of the athletic department to go cash some checks.
Sad but true. Money games are in our future it seems. You were right a while back the upgrade and money invested have been wasted.

Reaction Score
We need to sell recruits on playing Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Alabama, etc. Maybe Rutgers can throw us a bone and play us every year.

I think Independence is the right choice for us though. Won't work out good for bowls, but who wants to play 8-9 conference games against Mempiss and Tulane? We could probably get 6 real BCS teams a year on the schedule, as opposed to being trapped with 3-4 games against teams like Buffalo and UMass.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Sad but true. Money games are in our future it seems. You were right a while back the upgrade and money invested have been wasted.

Wish I wasn't, man.

Wish I wasn't.

Reaction Score
If we were to go independent in 2015 we could play a schedule like:
Home:
Rhode Island
UMass
Buffalo
Akron
Rutgers
Tennessee
North Carolina
Away:
Syracuse
Illinois
Kansas
Ohio State (money game)
Florida (money game)

Of course, none of this would actually happen and I'm just trying to make myself feel better. And yes, I looked these up and presumably they would work. With the bigger conference schools only playing 3-4 OOC games it would be a task to juggle them all. Even though we would take a couple of beatings at least we would be on TV and get a check for it. Breakdown of teams: 1 FCS, 3 MAC, 3 B1G, 2 ACC, 2 SEC, 1 B12.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't and we won't, I think the 'Yard needs something to talk about other than our doom or a Rutgers poster saying UConn is in the B1G.

But I think I put more effort into scheduling with a few Google searches than Manuel has his tenure at UConn.

Reaction Score
I think the worst is yet to come. What happens when the western schools and the Catholics bail on the league? Why would Boise or SDST join this conference now? Why not stick in the MWC? And why wouldn't the Catholics split off and form their own league by adding a Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc?

If that happens..........I don't even want to think about it.

Reaction Score
I think the worst is yet to come. What happens when the western schools and the Catholics bail on the league? Why would Boise or SDST join this conference now? Why not stick in the MWC? And why wouldn't the Catholics split off and form their own league by adding a Xavier, Butler, VCU, etc?

If that happens..........I don't even want to think about it.
A few days ago I posted the opinion that it was either the ACC or if Ville and/or Cincy left Uconn had to take the lead in bolting with the non FB schools. This would badly hurt FB but protect the athletic department as a whole from slow motion disaster. That opinion is even stronger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom