2014 Recruits - Stat Tracker | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruits - Stat Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article on Athens Christian & Turtle Jackson win over Aquinas:

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-02-27/evans-mattox-step-athens-christian-win-over-aquinas

13127416.jpg

Reaction Score
Haven't heard anything, here, about DHam and his team out in CA. Have they played a game over the past 10 days?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hopefully Buford wins their next game as the finals of each class will be televised on local tv down here and look forward to seeing Lubin play.

Reaction Score
Really hoping that being early on Simonds pays off. Nice little Georgia pipeline we could be developing.

I'm impressed that our coaching staff offered Simonds even before UGA did.

My opinion's not worth anything. But from watching full game/highlight videos and reading the articles over the course of the season I think Simonds is going to be a major stud. I get the sense people in Georgia thought he'd good going into this year, but had no idea he'd be this good. He has solid size, length, and athleticism to go with a complete offensive arsenal. And he's only a soph.

Reaction Score
Conversation with someone that was at the game:

Other persons original tweet:
@CarterTuck: Rakim Lubin was an absolute monster inside for Buford. Him and D'Marcus Simonds are quite the handful. #MarchToMacon

My response:
How did Lubin look? Post moves or just stronger than everybody else?

Other person:
Did a great job without the basketball. Getting position and sealing. And as weird as it sounds handling the ball as well. But still much stronger than everyone on the floor. Had a number of dunks.

Me:
How did he look defensively?

Other Person:
He had a good amount of pretty emphatic blocks. Held down the middle well.

Reaction Score
Really impressive numbers for Lubin this year, and it's not like he's doing this in a weak area, Georgia HS basketball is very competitive

Reaction Score
Lubin's coach just told me that he had 15 rebounds as well today.

How is Lubin not the top player in GA this year? Seems he's had a better season than Jakeenan Gant and Ahmed Hill it seems. Not that you know... I'd like to know where he's ranked after the season. Lubin seems to be playing like a Top 100 recruit. That's just my opinion.

Also, I'm guessing Lubin/Simonds are in different divisions, if they aren't facing Will Jackson. I love recruiting winners...

Reaction Score
Here's another article on the Lubin game. The best news is the bolded part. He's official!

http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.co...nals-buford-boys-girls-advance-to-title-game/

In the boys’ game, Lubin led all scorers with 37 points and added 15 rebounds – including 8 on the offensive end – and five blocks. He energized the crowd with five monster dunks, and with his 6-foot-8, 250-pound frame, was a constant presence in the paint, helping to shut down the Cavs’ inside game while on defense, and creating easy baskets for teammates like D’Marcus Simonds (30 points).
“I just wanted to do what it took for my team to win,” said Lubin, who on Friday signed a letter of intent to play basketball at Connecticut. “I knew if we were going to win this game, I’d have to get rebounds and blocked shots to execute and finish strong on the offensive end.”

Reaction Score
I would hate to spoil the news but Lubin didn't sign yesterday. It's not possible because it's not a signing period. I asked his coach and he said that he got his ACT score back yesterday and he's good to go. He will sign in the spring signing period.

Reaction Score
I would hate to spoil the news but Lubin didn't sign yesterday. It's not possible because it's not a signing period. I asked his coach and he said that he got his ACT score back yesterday and he's good to go. He will sign in the spring signing period.

Thanks for the correction 3, it's awesome that you're in contact with the coach.

Reaction Score
I remember, back in Nov. when Lubin couldn't sign because his grades from another school, which he previously attended, hadn't arrived for him to sign a LOI. His coach, then said he would sign in Feb. I thought that was strange because the spring LOI period is in May.
It could be, now that the ACT results are in, he was able to sign a grant-in-aid, like Hamilton did in Nov. I'm sure the official LOI will come in May.
Speaking of Hamilton, how did his Friday match with Compton come out. We saw the halftime score and no final. Anybody know the final score?

Reaction Score
Good to see Ali, Lubin, & Cassell on their winning ways. On the negative side, however, Turtle Jackson's team lost in the semi's for the 3rd year in a row. They fell behind big, early on, and couldn't recover.
Trailing by 20, in the 4th quarter, Jackson scored 13 points to narrow the gap to 10. Jackson's team couldn't get any closer despite the fact that Jackson scored 34 points in the game. Their season is over.
Out in CA, Hamilton's team lost, despite Hamilton's 25 points. Hamilton tied the game with a 3 with 8 seconds left. The opposition then hit 1 of 2 FT's to give them a 1 point lead. Hamilton's 3 with less than 2 seconds remaining missed. Bosco's record is 18-11. They do expect to get an invite to the CA open tourney.
I know Bosco plays a tough national schedule, but with the overall talent they have, 11 losses seems a bit much. Not sure if it's coaching, or what. But, considering the personnel, I would think they would have much fewer losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom