2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are close to the limit on scholarships, maybe Benjamin will get one if some of the other recruits don't commit.

Maybe... I'm reading btwn the lines w/ the JUCO/FCS comment. Could be 100% wrong.

Reaction Score
After last weekends flurry of commitments, anyone disappointed to hear very little news other than a couple offers to those visiting this weekend?

Reaction Score
After last weekends flurry of commitments, anyone disappointed to hear very little news other than a couple offers to those visiting this weekend?

We are 2-5, commits from a full boat. Also the fact that last weeks commits were in Gampel for a live atmosphere helped. I think were real close to done.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There is still an opportunity to finish very strong here.
The star system is flawed, but none the less it provides some sort of point of view.

On 247
Derek Allen is rated an 87 <--had several P5 programs pursuing him last spring
Njoku is rated an 84 <--we are competing neck & neck against OSU
Diggs is rated an 83 <--a diamond that should be up a level from the MAC

Also Wingate is rated an 83 as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
desmondconner6:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
Vontae Diggs, a 6-4, 200-pound outside linebacker and #BallState commit from Downers Grove, IL set to visit #UConnFootballthis weekend...

Other offers from WMU and Toledo

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9334099

http://www.themblock.com/2013/01/2014-names-to-watch-vontae-diggs.html

We'll see...

core6athletes10:13am via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn has offered CORE6 LB from Downers Grove North Vontae Diggs.

Core6 is an Illinois Training Center that runs showcase events.

VDiggs51:24pm via Twitter for Android
UConn or BSU #ToughDecision#ProsAndCons

BenBreinerTSP2:34pm via Web
Sounds like commit Vontae Diggs is mulling his UConn offer via his twitter. If he jumps that's a huge loss for BSU.
https://hootsuite.com/dashboard#

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was visiting up north this weekend:

bcinterruption9:01am via SB Nation
Boston College Football Recruiting: Former Western Michigan Commit Noa Merritt Visits Heights sbn.to/1n18XVc

Edit add - Must have been a good visit -

30 minutes ago
“@dasheett: Thank you to my family, friends and all those who have supported me along the way. I am now committed to Boston College! #GoEagles! #BeADude”
I have a feeling HCBD will give BC recruiting all they can handle next year when his staff is better organized and they have more time to put in the work.

Reaction Score
From St Paul's to Gilbert?
Not only the location change, but he transfers NOW...for basketball? He won't be eligible to play until Feb 21st I believe. The season is at the tail end by then. This doesn't sound like it was planned. I suspect something else is going on here that hasn't been divulged.

Reaction Score
As a St. Paul graduate, here are reasons for transfer:
Financial hardship: not being able to afford tuition payments for the next semester
Honor Code violation: 1 strike & you're out.

Don't know Marchi's situation, just hope it isn't something that will affect his scholarship status.

Reaction Score
Someone talk to me about Marchi. Is he really that good? I was rewatching film of Kivon Taylor '13 commit. He has the arm strength. He's got the running ability. He's tall. He has great touch from what I can tell. I love his athletic ability and he is relatively new to the position. I think he has tremendous upside and may have a chance to see some snaps this year (hopefully).

Anyway, what is it about Marchi that the previous regime saw in him that warrants a spot on the team? Not bashing the kid as I know nothing about it. I probably should have looked for film on him before posting but let's hear it.

Reaction Score
Anyway, what is it about Marchi that the previous regime saw in him that warrants a spot on the team? Not bashing the kid as I know nothing about it. I probably should have looked for film on him before posting but let's hear it.

I personally think Marchi is our #1 overall recruit, even ahead of Newsome. I see a mobility and arm strength combination worthy of a comparison to Aaron Rodgers. If you compare Marchi's high school film to Casey Cochran's, Marchi is clearly the better athlete in every measurable way, and i'm a huge Cochran fan. Marchi's film is also more impressive than Boyle's IMO, same arm strength but quicker release and more mobility for Marchi.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Financial hardship: not being able to afford tuition payments for the next semester

Don't know Marchi's situation, just hope it isn't something that will affect his scholarship status.
Thanks for the insight Coach, that sounds much more plausible. With only one semester to go before graduation and the fact that it's occurring a few weeks since students returned from holiday recess, I'd have to think it's Honor Code related. Hopefully, as you said, it's nothing that will jeopardize his scholarship.

Reaction Score

Sounds like you were right.

“It was a financial decision,” said Marchi, who lives in Winsted and grew up with most of his new teammates. “It’s cool to be back with them.”

http://www.gametimect.com/former-st...ransfers-gilbert-will-play-basketball-season/

Reaction Score
Congrats to Bloom and Carrezola for being names to Big 33 (PA/MD) all-star game

Pair of UConn commits named to Big 33 Classic
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/pair-of-uconn-commits-named-to-big-33.html

>>UConn commits Alec Bloom and Luke Carrezola were among the players named to the Pennsylvania team playing in the prestigious Big 33 Classic which will be played on June 14 at Hershey Park Stadium.

Bloom, a tight end from Ligonier Valley High, had 45 catches and 830 yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior while Carrezola, a defensive end/tight end from Neshaminy HS, had 56 tackles, 20 sacks and 10 quarterback hurries.<<

Back to back years w/ multiple UConn commits playing. Last year Chris Britton, Junior Joseph and Brian Lemelle played.

Reaction Score
Looks like HCBD decided NOT to offer Derek Allen. Here's what his HS coach had to say:

"Derek Allen was very interested in UConn and it was his first choice but the coaching staff did not offer him. Derek currently has offers from Navy, Fordham, Rhode Island, and Wagner University. He should be making a commitment this weekend. I believe he is a very talented player with a ton of potential that has been overlooked by some schools."

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/with-no-uconn-offer-nj-tackle-weighing.html

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Pair of UConn commits named to Big 33 Classic
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/pair-of-uconn-commits-named-to-big-33.html

>>UConn commits Alec Bloom and Luke Carrezola were among the players named to the Pennsylvania team playing in the prestigious Big 33 Classic which will be played on June 14 at Hershey Park Stadium.

Bloom, a tight end from Ligonier Valley High, had 45 catches and 830 yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior while Carrezola, a defensive end/tight end from Neshaminy HS, had 56 tackles, 20 sacks and 10 quarterback hurries.<<

Back to back years w/ multiple UConn commits playing. Last year Chris Britton, Junior Joseph and Brian Lemelle played.

Yet both are rated low two stars on rivals, which is a joke. I know ratings mean nothing it is what happens on the field.

Reaction Score
Looks like HCBD decided NOT to offer Derek Allen. Here's what his HS coach had to say:
"Derek Allen was very interested in UConn and it was his first choice but the coaching staff did not offer him. Derek currently has offers from Navy, Fordham, Rhode Island, and Wagner University. He should be making a commitment this weekend. I believe he is a very talented player with a ton of potential that has been overlooked by some schools."

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/with-no-uconn-offer-nj-tackle-weighing.html

Perhaps that suggests they want one of Ratliff and Allen, and Ratliff is rated higher. Don't forget Ratliff got an in-home visit last night, so maybe they feel good about their chances there.

Reaction Score
Perhaps that suggests they want one of Ratliff and Allen, and Ratliff is rated higher. Don't forget Ratliff got an in-home visit last night, so maybe they feel good about their chances there.

Wasn't the in-home visit Monday night by the Army Asst. Coach tho...? Did UConn pull one off on Tuesday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom