2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Medic. I'm not sure if you responded to an earlier question or not but is it confirmed that Luke is winning all of these honors after only having 4 catches?

Reaction Score
Medic. I'm not sure if you responded to an earlier question or not but is it confirmed that Luke is winning all of these honors after only having 4 catches?

You're reading that same stuff I'm reading... Stronger stats on defensive side of the ball but the writers and coaches who vote on these awards must see something - all seems pretty consistent. Not sure the type of offense his HS team ran but the Jr. RB D'Andre Pollard seems to have been the focus (29oo+ yds rushing and 39 TDs this yr). They only threw for 860 yds for the season. Leading WR had 33 catches, next WR had 12, next dude had 6, then 4 for LC.

Reaction Score
Writers & coaches feel they must put this kid on the all-state team so they have to put him somewhere.
In CT, it happens all the time. They'll put some QB on as a punter or utility player.
last year in CT they had 4 QB's and only 4 OL!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You're reading that same stuff I'm reading... Stronger stats on defensive side of the ball but the writers and coaches who vote on these awards must see something - all seems pretty consistent. Not sure the type of offense his HS team ran but the Jr. RB D'Andre Pollard seems to have been the focus (29oo+ yds rushing and 39 TDs this yr). They only threw for 860 yds for the season. Leading WR had 33 catches, next WR had 12, next dude had 6, then 4 for LC.

Sometimes we forget that TE's are supposed to block. My guess is he was an amazing blocker, with a run first offense, and his ability to seal off the end was enough to get him the votes.

Reaction Score
UConn just offered LB James Prather from Tennessee:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-James-Prather-144669

Looks like Diaco is being proactive in getting the linebacker situation set up (for the 3-4, presumably). Foley is in charge of recruiting him...well, because there's nobody left! ;) Prather is holding offers from Navy, Northern Illinois, Memphis, and a couple of 1-AA's...

This was posted at the top of this page in this thread FYI. A couple different sites have him with different offers, but from a biased stand point UConn would appear to be his best offer if true.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Writers & coaches feel they must put this kid on the all-state team so they have to put him somewhere.
In CT, it happens all the time. They'll put some QB on as a punter or utility player.
last year in CT they had 4 QB's and only 4 OL!

I was thinking the same thing, Blooz. Probably deserved the honors on the Defensive side but was squeezed out. They made good with the TE spot. Either way, it's obvious we've got very good football player headed to Storrs.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This was posted at the top of this page in this thread FYI. A couple different sites have him with different offers, but from a biased stand point UConn would appear to be his best offer if true.

Holy crap! Not only was it already posted, but I "liked" it. Alzheimers is nothing to joke about...and another thing is...Alzheimers is nothing to joke about...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Holy crap! Not only was it already posted, but I "liked" it. Alzheimers is nothing to joke about...and another thing is...Alzheimers is nothing to joke about...

UConn just offered LB James Prather from Tennessee:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-James-Prather-144669

Looks like Diaco is being proactive in getting the linebacker situation set up (for the 3-4, presumably). Foley is in charge of recruiting him...well, because there's nobody left! ;) Prather is holding offers from Navy, Northern Illinois, Memphis, and a couple of 1-AA's..

Reaction Score
Found this tweet as well fron the young man himself

Chris Britton (@Cougarboii33) tweeted at 10:11 PM on Sat, Dec 21, 2013:
@joey3strikes coach seems great! And l'll be headed to storrs in January.
Yeah I was surprised that he answered my question. Then I thought I did an Ncaa infraction. Maybe HFD is on to something with this twitter thang.

Reaction Score
You know your memory is the second thing you lose.

Reaction Score
“@Louuchainzz: 2014 to do list: Simple WIN @lmarsh7 @alecbloom5 @BMcAllister_3 @Jamar_TWEETS @DoctorTom315 #UCONN18”

Note to any Mod that reads: can we un-pin the two 2013 threads (recruit and commit) and pin the 2015 recruit thread - thx!!!

Reaction Score
“@Louuchainzz: 2014 to do list: Simple WIN @lmarsh7 @alecbloom5 @BMcAllister_3 @Jamar_TWEETS @DoctorTom315 #UCONN18”

Note to any Mod that reads: can we un-pin the two 2013 threads (recruit and commit) and pin the 2015 recruit thread - thx!!!

Saw that tweet the other day. Favorited it, retweeted it and followed all the new incoming guys. This seems too reminiscent of the yay rah rah twitter talk of Lagow from a year ago though and look how things ended up.

Reaction Score
According to Rivals, Diaco is looking at Alec Keener from Cheshire Academy now:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Alec-Keener-140388

Does anyone know anything about this kid? I don't have much on him, but it's good to hear that Diaco is hard at work on the trail, trying to make a final push for 2014...

Except he hasn't talked to anyone @ UConn - "When it comes to UConn, Keener is familiar with the program and kept an eye on the coaching situation this fall. "I think it was a great hire," he said. "It's going to be great for the defense. I haven't talked to anyone yet, but I'm working on getting into contact." --- Someone give him Foley's cell number! ;)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/392444/highlights/81736378

Reaction Score
Except he hasn't talked to anyone @ UConn - "When it comes to UConn, Keener is familiar with the program and kept an eye on the coaching situation this fall. "I think it was a great hire," he said. "It's going to be great for the defense. I haven't talked to anyone yet, but I'm working on getting into contact." --- Someone give him Foley's cell number! ;)

Because it is a dead period and no contact is allowed​

Reaction Score
Because it is a dead period and no contact is allowed​

Not true - dead period equals no in-person recruiting either on or off campus. Letters/Emails/Text Msg and old fashioned phone calls as otherwise allowed by NCAA Compliance rules are ok.

Reaction Score

Sounds like he definitely has interest in Uconn at the very least!

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Because Its 130am, I just noticed David Njoku, previously committed to RU, is from Cedar Grove NJ. Same as Diaco no? Hmnn.

Reaction Score
Because Its 130am, I just noticed David Njoku, previously committed to RU, is from Cedar Grove NJ. Same as Diaco no? Hmnn.

Just because a player is from the same home town means nothing. It's like saying every in state good player should want to play for UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom