2014 Final Four | The Boneyard

2014 Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hubby and I want to go this year. We've been huge followers of the women's game, including attending the Big East tourney every year its been here in Hartford. Well now that we find ourselves about to become empty nesters as our daughter heads off to Emerson College this fall we've decided to go to the final four this year. Any advice as to the smartest way to purchase tickets for this? Does UCONN have its own package, do we go on our own and do this, do all the Uconn fans sit together, any information about this will be greatly appreciated... Oh and when do the tickets typically go on sale?
thanks!

Reaction Score
Planning on going and would appreciate any information as well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
UConn will have their own package, if UConn is there. I go every year, which means I don't know much about the UConn package, because it doesn't work for me. I'm sure some others have gone with the program, and can tell you more. They will get a good block of seats for the FF, and anyone who goes with the group should be seated together. The best seats to best donors, although I went through them once for Regional tickets and got the worst seats in the house, so don't plan to try again. I hope others have had better experiences. The FF seats have always been decent, as far as I can tell, I usually go over to visit them between games.

Reaction Score
I've been to 6 Final Fours so I can speak from experience. The worst seats were sold in the lottery back in April-May. The top level but center court were not sold in advance, but saved for local sales I guess. At least that is what I saw back in Indy a couple of years ago. If Tenn makes the FF, tickets will be expensive compared to previous years. If not, there will be lots of tickets available. I have never been to a FF where there were no scalpers trying to get rid of tickets an hour before. But again, if Tenn is in it will be more expensive.

sTu

Reaction Score
UConn ticket packages (flight, tickets, lodging) are pricey though you will sit in the lower level with mostly other season ticket holders. If you try to get only tickets then it being so near game time you are going to have a challenge getting a flight and hotel.

Things will be different this year IF Tenn. makes the final four. Usually, it is easy to get decent pricing on great seats at the Final Four site. That is especially true of the championship game as mass amounts of fans of the two losing teams are looking to dump their tickets. You get your flights and hotel early and this year a much larger gamble at getting tickets locally because you will be competing with Tenn. fans the longer they win thus driving the prices up.

Getting tickets through the NCAA wherever they are is a viable option if Tenn. does not make the Final Four also. Once the game starts you can go sit where you wish has been my experience including the UConn section of season ticket holders. After the two losing teams' fans have cleared out lots of choice seats are left empty.

Often there are fans from other schools whose team has been upset in the tourney trying to sell their seats at face value on the Boneyard. Again, it is harder securing flights and hotels the longer you wait.

So, it is easy for a UConn fan, just wish that Tenn. loses. :)

Reaction Score
I went to the final 4 this year in New Orleans having received free tickets from a friend who is a Baylor grad and decided not to go. These seats were not good as they were only about 8 rows from the very top. They cost $62.50 for each night, or $125 per person. My son accompanied me and had I paid for these it would have cost $250. Nevertheless I watched Louisville/California from those seats but moved down to within 20 rows of the court for Uconn/ND. The place was not full and nobody cared if you moved closer to unfilled seats.
In the street there were quite a few people selling tickets before each game. I don't know the price but they were readily available. Often times people purchase tickets thinking their team will be in the final 4 but when they don't make it, they sell them, usually at a reduced rate.
It is also often the case that fans of the two teams eliminated in the semi's sell their tickets as well. I think it is easier to get tickets on the street for the final game then it is for the semi's because the two teams that lost have quite disheartened fans who sell them.
So, basically my advice is to not buy tickets ahead of time. In stead buy them on the street for a much lower price and sit as close as there are open seats available.

Reaction Score
At least with men's F4, tickets are easiest part of the trip. I agree with Bertie.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The lottery tickets suck. From now on I'm buying from scalpers. StubHub all the way.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Nashville is gonna be a great host city...... wouldnt be surprised if they get into the rotation of host cities.

The lottery tickets suck. From now on I'm buying from scalpers. StubHub all the way.

Well if you are going to see Baylor play.. you wont have to worry about buying Final 4 tickets anytime soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom