2014 F Lynee′ Belton | The Boneyard

2014 F Lynee′ Belton

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
has announced a list of 11 schools which includes UConn. She's a 6-2 post player.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...belton-of-bullis-whittles-college-list-to-11/

She's visited UConn (recently), ND, Virginia and Maryland. She's also considering Princeton, Kentucky, Tennessee, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech and Louisville. The article says she's received offers from 8 of the 11 schools but the 8 are not identified. She's ranked #20 by Hoopgurlz, #23 by BS and #14 by Fullcourt.

Long way to go on this one but another recruit for the 2014 class.

Fullcourt says about her:

Belton combines size, a strong body and a high level of post skill. In Hampton, she ran the court well and was a dominating force in the paint. She showed the ability to step outside the key and hit mid-range shots. For her size, her ball handling is above average. Maybe she should not miss a relatively easy shot here or there but we could say that about a lot of players. Regardless, she is clearly on track for high school All-American honors next spring as pointed to by her No. 14 ranking in the 2014 Full Court Fresh 50. - Bob Corwinhttp://www.fullcourt.com/prep/player/profile/lynee-belton
http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/player/profile/lynee-belton

Reaction Score
UCONN does need post players and Belton seems like a solid recruit. The 2014 class UCONN signs may be as large as five or even six players,

HGN

Reaction Score
Sounds as if she could be a solid Front-Court addition if she were to choose UConn...Though UConn has targeted Westbeld for its 2014 Class , Belton is ranked higher , and could offer a backup plan if Westbeld signs elsewhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bullis is just a couple miles outside of DC in a very nice area near Congressional Country Club. Mo Currie (Duke and the Mystics) starred there, but Lynee appears not to have Duke on her list.

Reaction Score
Bullis is just a couple miles outside of DC in a very nice area near Congressional Country Club. Mo Currie (Duke and the Mystics) starred there, but Lynee appears not to have Duke on her list.

The 100 acre Bullis campus is surrounded by multimillion dollar homes. ...current/ former neighbors include Ted Koppel, JW Marriott, Patrick Ewing, Sylvester Stallone, Sugar Ray Leonard , and Mike Tyson. The tuition is $32,000.

I disagree with Bob Corwin's assesment of Belton. I don't think she is very phyical, in fact a rival coach told me their strategy was to play her physically. Belton averaged 14 ppg in a weak small private school league. I think Belton is being recruited for her potential, not her current skills.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I disagree with Bob Corwin's assesment of Belton. I don't think she is very phyical, in fact a rival coach told me their strategy was to play her physically. Belton averaged 14 ppg in a weak small private school league. I think Belton is being recruited for her potential, not her current skills.

That's interesting. Corwin based his assessment on her performance at the highly competitive Boo Williams event in April. Belton's team won one of the division championships and she made the all tournament team. Blue Star said essentially the same thing about her play at Boo. Did you watch her play at Boo? How many times have you seen her play?

Reaction Score
That's interesting. Corwin based his assessment on her performance at the highly competitive Boo Williams event in April. Belton's team won one of the division championships and she made the all tournament team. Blue Star said essentially the same thing about her play at Boo. Did you watch her play at Boo? How many times have you seen her play?

I have seen her play, and spoke with a coach who played against her several times. It is possible she raised the level of her game, again 14 ppg in a weak league are not the stats of a top 15 player in the country.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is always Important to recognize that performances, especially, singular off performances, can be affected by unknown factors including health, family situations, normal kid relationships, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom